***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

K and N SRI Video with sound

All Lancer Related Videos & Automotive Reviews.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:56 pm

I reckon they'd stick defect you even for CAI, wouldn't where it goes still be classed as the engine bay?

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

its a technicality i think becasue infront of the front bar is not technicaly in your engine bay..

Most cops just dont wana see it.... lets just say that its 80% legal compared to 0%...
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

s21197
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby s21197 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:58 am

Do cops in australia actually get u to pop ur hood? cause I have never even heard of that happening over here

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:08 am

they can if thay want to, they dont just pull you over and get you to pop the hood, but if your speeding or something and they pull you over they could.

redlancer08
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby redlancer08 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:24 pm

yup thats true.. all i knw dat pod filter is illegal unless its covred or u can hide it under the engine...=) jus need to find a good space n make sure cops wont c it...

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:31 pm

nehind the front bumper is the best... and water isnt an issue coz its not turbod so it not ramming the water into the engine.

s21197
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby s21197 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:19 pm

It rains 300 days a year here so putting on a CAI would not be a good idea. It's pretty common to see puddles 6 inches deep all over the place

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm

lolz.. and when its not raining its snowing... sounds liek heaven its 30+ deg here atm and no AC at home lol.

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:49 pm

spunkybob wrote:they can if thay want to, they dont just pull you over and get you to pop the hood, but if your speeding or something and they pull you over they could.

actually they have dont that to me and i wasnt speeding or doing anything wrong

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 pm

would it be that hard to create a barrier under the CAI to stop water getting up to it?

on that note...i haven't got my CAI yet...excuse my ignorance
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:07 am

mitch.honey wrote:
spunkybob wrote:they can if thay want to, they dont just pull you over and get you to pop the hood, but if your speeding or something and they pull you over they could.

actually they have dont that to me and i wasnt speeding or doing anything wrong

That is pure unlucky man... I had a full 3" zorst with a broken muffler (no shroud, just a big hole) on the Soarer and that was WELL over 90DB the cop pulled me over for it, told me to get it fixed and sent me on my way : (still on green P's) I guess its just what mood the cop is in.

hamez707 wrote:would it be that hard to create a barrier under the CAI to stop water getting up to it?

on that note...i haven't got my CAI yet...excuse my ignorance

In theory you could, but in a non turbo setup, specially how the intake would go you would no need to. If it was a turbo setup when it is literally sucking the air into the engine at high pressure it would be possible for some water to get in, but in a NA setup the air inst under high pressure, definitely not high enough to make it up the pipe and into the engine.

Now if you drive through a puddle of water that is deep enough to 100% submerge the pod and your under full acceleration you might.

But there is always an exception to the rule :P

and WOOOOO over 500 posts I'm now a ralliart :P

s21197
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

K and N SRI INSTALLED!!!

Postby s21197 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:32 pm

First of, this thing is wild! It only took 20-25 mins to install. Pretty straight forward. Rip out all the old stuff, and put in the new haha.

One thing about this is that low end torque has improved ridiculously. My RPM's are not even going above 2 grand when under average acceleration. This makes driving in the city quite pleasant and a lot different from before. When driving normally, all u really hear from the cabin is a low rumble and sometimes when its quite, u can hear the air swirling around inside...pretty sick... And when u stomp on the gas this thing rips.

It's pretty loud under hard acceleration because it sits basically right in front of the driver. Having said that, it is not an annoying loud or bad loud it sounds unbelievable especially from the outside. I had my brother tear down the street while i stood outside and it sounded way better and more powerful than i could have hoped.

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: K and N SRI INSTALLED!!!

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:20 pm

s21197 wrote:First of, this thing is wild! It only took 20-25 mins to install. Pretty straight forward. Rip out all the old stuff, and put in the new haha.

One thing about this is that low end torque has improved ridiculously. My RPM's are not even going above 2 grand when under average acceleration. This makes driving in the city quite pleasant and a lot different from before. When driving normally, all u really hear from the cabin is a low rumble and sometimes when its quite, u can hear the air swirling around inside...pretty sick... And when u stomp on the gas this thing rips.

It's pretty loud under hard acceleration because it sits basically right in front of the driver. Having said that, it is not an annoying loud or bad loud it sounds unbelievable especially from the outside. I had my brother tear down the street while i stood outside and it sounded way better and more powerful than i could have hoped.

Good to know! I would have gotten the K&N or the AEM CAI if Fujita hadn't sent me the new intake. I really didn't expect to get the improvement I got from it, since the v.2 they made wasn't anything to brag about, but this new pipe they sent me is good so far. I can agree with everything you said, even though mine isn't K&N. I think K&N is a good choice. They took their time doing R&D right the first time. :wink:
Last edited by Bobcat_GTS on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s21197
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby s21197 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:05 am

On the way home today, I realized what the intake sounds like. From inside the cabin it sounds like a stang with flowmasters haha.

Side note:

Fuel economy has improved greatly. On a half hour drive, while punching it, my fuel economy has not yet gone over 9.1L/100km...pretty good considering it used to be around that when i drove normally. Also, no CEL yet :D

nickbutterz
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nickbutterz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 am

sounds good. im getting excited about getting this.. uhm.. pictures? videos? pleaseee

Return to “Videos & Reviews”