***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Photoshackbook image slurper online! - Website enhancement

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Photoshackbook image slurper online! - Website enhancement

Postby The X » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 am

Website changes, enhancements, bug fixes, etc.
OK quick and dirty thread running through changes I've made.
If you notice any odd behaviour directly relating to the changes. Let me know.

Timezone adjustment to shoutbox/chat & "Last 15 Active Topics"
These two items NOW should display your correct time according to your timezone. If it still shows an hour out, you probably have not manually adjusted your timezone to account for daylight savings. You can do this here http://clubcj.net/profile.php?mode=editprofile - for example in NSW we usually are +10 GMT, during DST we're +11 GMT.

Larger edit box for editing any shouts
Yes the tiny field to edit your shout, has been increased to a more usable size.

Shoutbox sound
That old harsh buzzer tone is now gone! A more softer tone for new shouts is now in use.

On a Mobile? Choice between the m-site or the full ClubCJ site
I've re-instated the ability for people to choose if they want to be punted to the mobile cutdown m-site version of the site or the fully blown graphics rich version of the site on their phone. I've tested this on Android and by emulating an iPhone on my android tablet. If you have issues selecting, please let me know.

More granular "time ago" counter on shoutbox & "Last 15 Active Topics"
You'll notice if a post is hours old, it will instead of saying '3 hrs ago" - will be a bit more granular and display "2 hrs 37 mins ago"

Shoutbox "New Messages Indicator" when logged out
The "New Private Message" indicator would show up above the shoutbox when not logged in, regardless if you had a new PM or not. This has been adjusted to show "You must be logged in to send a shout." - when you are signed out to avoid confusion.

Before you start polluting this thread with requests for feature changes. Polute this thread instead http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=3553

Please note, that I am REALLY busy running this site, whilst planning a server migration, vetting all the existing code and the additional duties of being a mod. I'm still find my way around around all the nooks and crannies of this website and there is a lot to explore. :)
I do not want to be re-writting huge swathes of code. I will only be doing bug fixes, fixing MINOR annoyances and perhaps adding a feature here or there, if it's quick and easy to code up.

Currently the photobucket/imageshack duplicator is busted and that's next on my list to repair.

After that I'll pour through the m-site code to see if I can easily allow non-premiums to post via the android/iphone m-sites.

Other changes/enhancements will be at my whim..... be nice and i might bend over backwards... :)

update: 20111215
Non-premiums can now post on the m-site (android/iphone version) of clubCJ.net
As promised I've changed a few lines of code, so now non-premiums can post in threads. Enjoy. :)
Let me know of any bugs - ASAP

update: 20111218
Chat buffer is now 50 last shouts, instead of 10
Another enhancement for you mobile peeps, the chat buffer will display the last 50 chats like the normal desktop version. But get this, due to compressing the data on server before sending to you, we can send you 5 times the data but it's only twice as much as before, like only 1-2kb extra, which is nothing so it wont kill your mobile data quota all that much. :)

update: 20111222
Photoshackbook Image Slurper is alive!
OK, another thing fixed. Photobucket/Imageshack/Facebook images are now allowed. I've had to re-write the code. It now copes with image tags in capitals i.e. "[IMG]" as opposed to "[img], as it the case with Photobucket's one click copy and paste feature where the Photobucket direct links [IMG] tags are in capitals. Also code changes have been made to enhance it from only coping with JPG type images and only working for Photobucket, to being able to cope with valid GIF/JPG/PNG/BMP/TIF image types and be able to copy (slurp) the images from the original Photobucket/Imageshack/Facebook locations to the local server and substitute the the [img] locations to the file locally. So in the event someone deletes their Photoshackbook gallery, the images will exist locally and the post will still make sense, especially those how to's.

Please test it out, let me know if you manage to break it - I've coded for most eventualities for user error/stupidity.
Last edited by The X on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 am

Thank you Pete for fixing the mobile site issue, been a long time due, and now I will need to do a "new member" post :)

OHH YEA!!!!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks Very Much for that Up-Date Pete ..... *thumb*
As I've said to you before .... Well Done & I Appreciate Immensley what you do, to make Our Time on CCJ more Pleaasing & Enjoyable ... :D

However, I may have to stop being so nice in the Future ....
I certainly "Dont Want" you "Bending Over For Me" ... *eek* ... Forwards or Backwards ... *shocked*

Sam ... :P
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:54 pm

I must say the new (ish?) feature that suggests similar topics when you want to start a new one based on what you've called yours is a really good idea.

Can someone in the know please PM me with details as to how this can be programmed in - is it part of the phpbb software or something separate? The reason I ask is that I am an administrator (although not a technicially SAVVY ONE I must admit) at a phpbb3 forum and would love to add this feature to that discussion board too if possible.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 am

Sorry to those on Firefox 3.6.23 or 3.6.2x variants - who would just get a whitepage on the index page the last couple few days - the snippet of code that only affected these browsers has been removed until I figure out why it caused Firefox 3.6.2x to behave this way.
Thanks to Jackie for PMing about this.

If you're already using Firefox, please try and use the latest version of Firefox which is now Firefox 8 !

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Cheers.

ImageImage

INVUR-1
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby INVUR-1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 am

ahhh great pete, now i can use fire fox again :)
(cj-black) oO~`AnDreW Black CJ VIC`~Oo (cj-black)

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 am

Without looking at the back end of either PHPBB3 or 2 Bandit I would guess it is just an ajax call or similar that preforms a real time query on the backend database to find any other subjects that contain the key words you have typed.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Non-premiums can now post on the m-site (android/iphone version) of clubCJ.net
As promised I've changed a few lines of code, so now non-premiums can post in threads. Enjoy. :)
Let me know of any bugs - ASAP

ImageImage

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks for allowing phone posting for all, I use my phone for 99% of browsing these days.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Chat buffer is now 50 last shouts, instead of 10
Another enhancement for you mobile peeps, the chat buffer will display the last 50 chats like the normal desktop version. But get this, due to compressing the data on server before sending to you, we can send you 5 times the data but it's only twice as much as before, like only 1-2kb extra, which is nothing so it wont kill your mobile data quota all that much. :)

ImageImage

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:32 pm

On my phone now. Like the extra chat posts. But it's not word wrapping half of the chat post is off screen

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Ben, I think that was like that before any thing i did. I just changed a config value from 10 to 50. I've revered it back to the original values of 10 (just for testing) and seems to have been a pre-existing issue. I'm able replicate the behaviour by rotating from landscape and back to portrait mode.

ImageImage

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Pete it happened today again

[img]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/20111221164846_IMG_1220[1].PNG[/img]

the ever so popular CCJ Image uploader failed once again
try again

Return to “Rules & Information”