***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Announcement: "sale" progress - the plan forward

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Announcement: "sale" progress - the plan forward

Postby The X » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello members,

Just a quick update. As you may have heard by now. Mattigins has put the club up for sale. I won't get into the nitty gritty details on the background or genesis of this decision, as now is not the time.

I have made an offer to Mattigins this afternoon and he had graciously accepted.

Currently, I am conducting due diligence and working with Mattigins through the technical details on enabling a seamless transition in "ownership".

What happens next?
Once payment has been made to Mattigins, I will have "control" of the site. Mattigins will then need to advise the committee that he is vacating the role of President, and handing over Presidency to me, which I would assume will be accepted.

What are my intentions?
Nothing sinister. I have paid for this via my own personal funds. I want to see the club succeed and have calm return to the club, this is the only way to achieve it. My plan is to work with committee to ensure that the constitution is re-structured going forward, that no one person can have ultimate control of the organisation.

The future plan.
I am contemplating extending the term of the current committee to end of January or even February.
During this transtion period, I want to work with the membership and comm on fine tuning the constitution and ratifying any changes to a vote. We can then proceed to elections. Once that election cycle is done, my "control" is done and dusted. It should be by then, a truly democratic club.
I know this extension may not sit will with some. However I ask you allow some flexibility while we have the opportunity to rewew and set a proper course for our club.

Interim concerns and difficulties.
This put me into a awkward postion legally with regards to the constitution and my current role as Treasurer as I cannot and should not be in sole control of the bank accounts. I'm sure I could say "trust me", but there is a limit to trust and I'm sure there are a few people that would be concerned.

Accordingly, I have asked our previous Treasurer, MiztaB, who is a trusted and upstanding member of our club, to see if he will make himself available to serve as interim Treasurer to safe guard our funds. I will need to consult with committee on this - on how we are going to work this out. This will need to elevate Chris to a member of the Executive Team as well as an interim measure.

Also being that myself and Ofey are the only remaining Executive Team members. I will be asking Ofey to assist with "Administrator" duties along with myself and hopefully Chris on being elevated to interim Treasurer.

As I said, this has all happened quickly and the plans re: interim position re-arrangements may change depending on what the committee ultimately decides.

I will keep you updated as this progress, as you can understand things have moved quite fast today and I'm sure there are plenty of questions.

For the time being, to avoid jeopardising this sale process, I will lock the thread. Once the transaction has been completed. I will unlock it and will be open to your questions, suggestions and concerns.

Regards.
Last edited by The X on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello members, just an update as promised.

The transfer is progressing well and is nearly complete.

Mattigins as of today has formally indicated he is resigning from his role of President/Owner and Site Administrator.

Mattigins wrote:I am going to keep this short and simple.. We all know the back story so consider this my formal resignation from the role of Admin and Owner of ClubCJ. Ill most likely stick my head in to see what going on so i wouldnt say this is a goodbye :) Looking forward to seeing the changes to ClubCJ in the years to come and i hope the re-structure goes well and it is smooth sailing for ClubCJ from here on out.

I'd like to thank Mattigins for starting this site up in the first place. A lot of hard work has gone into it. Without it, it would not have been possible for a bunch of CJ owners to collaborate with each other so easily. I'm sure the future of this club is lookin bright and this is just another step in the evolution of the site and the club itself.

I will keep you updated in the next few days as the trasfer winds up.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:34 pm

After discussions with fellow committee members and being nominated unopposed with a majority of the committee being in favour of the nomination, please welcome Mizta B to the Executive Team who will be standing in as interim Treasurer until such time we hold elections.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:27 pm

As this process almost draws to a close and the last few financial transactions are settled, I'd like to thank the membership for their patience and understanding during this period. Also I'd like to thank those members, who have PM'd me with offers of support and kind words. Also thanks to Mattigins once again for being patient during this process.

We can now start looking forward to moving to an election cycle and new committee, but first we must make some consitutional changes to support the new structure, which must be voted on by the premium membership before we can move to real elections. I will be making a public annoucement on how I plan to achieve this later this afternoon.

Regards,
VRX_Pete
ClubCJ.net Administrator

ImageImage

Return to “Rules & Information”