***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Changes To Posting!

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Should probably remove the 'This is NOT optional' text next to the reason :P
Or does it not show a reason even if you type one? Because then it should go completely! :) (unless its left for mod/admin edits)

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:29 am

Has there been any further consideration re: use of imageshack/external hosts?

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:31 am

Can we please look at allowing imageshack again - it's a pain not having the function especially when most of my pics are there and I can't use the image loader on my ipad :)
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 am

Sure, if you can ensure that this will never happen, if we do........
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=72163#72163
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

FFEEkY
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby FFEEkY » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:54 am

VRX_Pete wrote:Sure, if you can ensure that this will never happen, if we do........ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=72163#72163

If you look you will notice those pics were actually hosted on the users own online storage. When the payments stop, the stoarage goes away. Using sits like photobcket, this can also happen as if a users image isnt loaded within a certain time period, the account will be closed.

Using imageshack.us though, I have had an account with them from 2002, and hardly ever access it, and it is still going.

For people who want to use external image hosting though, you can use facebook for this. Upload our photos (and select high quality if you want), then simply use the address of the image inside your [img] tags.
Warning! Mouth often in gear well before brain!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I did notice this was Graham's personal domain, but the argument still holds. Anything outside of clubcj.net image hosting cannot be guaranteed.

Imageshack/photobucket/facebook/any of it.
all it takes;
is a person in a bad mood to spitefully delete their album;
for someone to exceed their "free" storage on these free services and delete some images to free up some quota;
someone to upload new photos and have their girfriend's vagina spread eagled in a post. ;) (well it was someone's pet beaver anyway....)

The only only argument I've seen put forward is one of personal convenience over the greater good.

Yes it sucks, yes it's a pain in the bum.
Yes the ClubCJ image loader is not ideal, but those gripes are best directed via a PM to Mattigins.

ImageImage

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:23 pm

BUT you can still delete you images from the CCJ uploader,so the same thing can happen.

the only fail safe way i can see is if CCJ has a photobucket account and all the images are loaded to it, but that will be too much work for Matt to do.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:37 pm

bd-850 wrote:BUT you can still delete you images from the CCJ uploader,so the same thing can happen.
not if they've been banned... ;) ...and I'm sure if the images were critical, they can be pulled form backups

ImageImage

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:not if theyve been banned... ;) ...and Im sure if the images were critical, they can be pulled form backups

thats all good, but the fact is that you want to stop it from happening,and it can still happen with the uploader.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:08 pm

bd-850 wrote:thats all good, but the fact is that you want to stop it from happening,and it can still happen with the uploader.

We can stop >90% of the issues, which is mostly due to carelessness (deleting images on the external image hoster - not realising they are referred to in forum posts), or image hosts restricting bandwidth due to over usage, or suspending/purging inactive image hosting accounts.

ImageImage

king eternal
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby king eternal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Im really happy you aren't allowed to use other sites because I hate it when I find an old post that is exactly what I need and then the images arent there making the entire post useless (especially when all the comments say how good of a post it is :P).
The only thing I would change is make it more obvious where the image uploader is (maybe put it next to the youtube button on top, instead of as a subheading under clubcj)

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:43 am

Yet this issue would be faced by every other forum, however they haven't gone down this path. I can understand why this was option was chosen, but what if you encouraged people to use the image loader without actually banning imageshack etc?
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 am

i dont mind using the imageloader, as long as the pics not too big it works fine,
what i DO mind is a clubcj watermark all over it, please bring back just CCJ or at most clubcj.net in a small font, its rediculous atm.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “Rules & Information”