***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Suggestions - who can view/post in FOR SALE

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Suggestions - who can view/post in FOR SALE

Postby JaCe » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Suggestion is based on the high number of new users (i.e. first post, or first of <5 posts) is to buy something through a FOR SALE thread. Is it possible for us to limit viewing/posting in this board until they have at least proven to be someone who didn't just sign up purely to buy something?

The reason I've suggested this is over the past 12 months I've been stood up a few times and it's quite annoying being told the item is sold, you hold it and say no to other offers, but then at the agreed meeting time/point noone shows up.

I know this doesn't necessarily solve the problem in it's entirety but at least it stops total randoms signing up to buy something. At least in my case, I don't sell to make a profit (and judging by the amount of haggling some people have agreed with me for my Rockford subwoofer)

On another note, isn't it a requirement that all new member MUST post an introduction thread before they can post elsewhere? Maybe I'm a bit daft here but when people have offered to buy stuff from me, I can't seem to find intro threads for new users :S

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 pm

It is tough Jeff.

I have been stood up too by someone who will remain unnamed, and they have been around a fairly long time, and is a premium member.

I don't think the forum forces new users to post a intro thread. I agree that should be a requirement. It at least makes it harder to come in and muck people around.

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Suggestions - who can view/post in FOR SALE

Postby bye2u » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm

JaCe wrote:On another note, isn't it a requirement that all new member MUST post an introduction thread before they can post elsewhere? Maybe I'm a bit daft here but when people have offered to buy stuff from me, I can't seem to find intro threads for new users :S

im probably wrong but i dont think that is a requirement here.. but on evo oz im pretty sure you have to make an intro thread before seeing other parts of the forum etc..

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 pm

When I joined it wasnt a requirement but a request that was made. It sounds like a good idea to have it mandatory so that you do know who is who and all the rest of it.

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Name and shame I say. I think we should set up a Seller and Buyer thread where we can rate how the transactions went. This would give everyone the opportunity to

1. Give insight into how the seller was
2. Give insight into how the buyer was

A rating system could also be be set up next to every username - eg. The more stars you have, the more you can be trusted.

I have also had my fair share of "Junk mail" in people wasting my time over things I'm selling.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:49 pm

As patrick said, i think a ebay like feed back system would be very helpful. each transaction completed, the buyer and seller can either give a +1, neutral or a -1 to the other party. might be hard to impliment and more work for the moderators and admin staff tho.....
燒

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:07 pm

I can state that fortunately I have never been messed around or stood-up on a sale before.

However ........ I'm sure it occurs regularly and passes unreported.

I believe Jeffs suggestion has much Merit and the Admin/Com Team should consider and address this matter accordingly.

Sure, as Jeff stated...It may not totally prevent an otherwise confirmed/definite sale from inconsiderate defaulted ..... but it will allow the Vendor to View a Potential Buyers Profile and make a Character Judgement based on their Post/Club Participation.

Also, as others have mentioned:
* Compulsory New Member Introductions.
* Mandatory Qualifying Period for Purchase Rights.
* Buyer/Vendor Ratings.

My Thoughts: Sam..... :wink:
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:31 pm

on a bike forum im on you need to be a active member before you view alot of the threads, and Post, by "active" its logging on a few times a day for a week.

Then you can post away.

then you need a minimum of 10 posts before you can post in the for sales.

and 20 posts before you can PM.

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm

I agree with what Mattigins said in regards to premium members being able to have the greatest chance to sell their item with the way the rules are now. In fact, I think quite a few new members join up with the main intention of buying something. A simple google search for specific items at times, leads to a clubcj link of the item currently being offered for sale, and hence they join up. I think if sellers are worried about being stood up, they should just implement a deposit system themselves.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm

As chief buyer, I think I should chime in here.

I suspect getting stood up comes with the territory of selling.

Over time, I've realised many buyers speak with their desire rather than wallets. I get dozens of PMs each week about things people want and then get told, they will buy in 2-3 months when they've saved enough.

I do think that a reputation system should be put in place. That might help. Though I think I'd be screwing up many people's reps once it comes up and many people might find out the characters in my adventures.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm

On the Mazda forum that I frequent (I still do own a Mazda) there are no restrictions on buying but you have to have X amount of posts before you can sell. Can't remember how many. Somewhere between 10 and 30 :) That's ozmazdaclub.com. Randoms don't sign up to buy stuff so much as to sell it.

I agree that if someone stuffs you around then you should name and shame. Sometimes things can't be helped but if you are genuinely stood up then you should let people know about it. That goes for sellers as well.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 pm

@ Mattigins: I think we need a buyer's reputation as well... . Due to this thread, I've had a couple of chats with other members who have tried to sell things and we can all name and shame the same member. These people need to be made aware that they cannot continue the same behaviour.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 am

On the car audio forum I frequent, there are two sections in the "Sale" section.

For Sale & Wanted to Buy.

The way they run it, anyone can post in WTB.
To post in For Sale, you need to pay to upgrade your membership (a bit like our premium membership). Members with the upgrade to trade get a little badge under their avatar/username.
I don't have exact details on their process but I can look into it if people want.

Another common thing I've seen there - mostly with members who trade gear a lot - is to list in their finger buyers and sellers they trust.

Just thought I'd offer that up.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Return to “Rules & Information”