***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ - Site Features Wish List

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 pm

If you have a I phone you can download a app called atomic web. Which allows you to view ccj full site features but turning off The mobile site option in the settings. Not sure if android has that app

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:56 am

aspir3 wrote:Can we please access ccj as normal on our mobiles? It annoys me I can not see admin or committee section and edit or delete posts.

I love the squeaky wheels in the world, they seem to get all the oil.
Here you go.... got firefox? yes? install the plug-in called "Phony" and you can set your browser to emaulate a full desktop browser and those "mobile cut down" websites be gone for good! And you can disable "Phony" if you really want a m-site instead of the fully featured one. :)

As for the all the rest, if I am in the committee after the next elections, I will want to work with matt to remediate the site, and putting in some code to allow people to at least choose if they want the cut donw m-site or the full blown version. Bigger plans are to document all the special mods and features and try and standardise it to enable a move to phpBB3 to give us more flexibility and features for the site....

LZY_EYE wrote:I agree Troy. I have 3GB per month quota. I dont need a cut down version :)

It's not all about data usage, there are phones that simply do not have the grunt to display all the images and flash images, etc. The phone becomes near unresponsive, so it really boils down to a usability issue for users with most smartphones...
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:22 am

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say Pete :)

I just want what we used to have where it asked what site you wanted. There are definitely people who have the need or want for the mobile site.

mcmusc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mcmusc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

like button on comments!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:18 am

I kinda want the reputation +1 thing back. I dont like this 'rated' post thing. Ive hated it ever since it was implemented years back.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:41 pm

I don't even think the place is big enough to need a reputation thing...

I'd say get rid of it completely :P

Even if there was a good system I'd always forget to use it.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 pm

On iPhone app can you make the "Messages" a separate button, my fat fingers dont like it, and often when i hit "Back" or "home" i go into the PMs.
Last edited by bd-850 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:09 am

Allow photobucket, i dont post pics or anything on here anymore because I cant use external img links.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:48 pm

HAPPY NOW PETE

Have a "Back" and "Home" button at the bottom of the page, or a "Up to Top" button

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:59 pm

"REPORT BUTTON" Can we have it that more then 1 member can report a post? I notice if I go to report a post some times someone does it first and I get a notice that it has already been reported.

Enabling posts to be reported more then once will help moderators determine the action required due to the number of complaints.

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Maybe so the app is linked to our profile? i did 50+ posts on my iphone while on holidays and they dont show under the 'total posts' statistic :(

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:02 pm

mcmusc wrote:like button on comments!

I like that comment!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:29 pm

aspir3 wrote:REPORT BUTTON Can we have it that more then 1 member can report a post? I notice if I go to report a post some times someone does it first and I get a notice that it has already been reported. Enabling posts to be reported more then once will help moderators determine the action required due to the number of complaints.
Totally counter-intuitive. It's like pressing the "walk" button at a crossing more than once. Pointless. 1 instance seems enough for me to get off my ass to action. Clearly 1 is not enough for some. Don't worry, I'll continue to deal with the reports exclusively as i have been for some time....

Dirtee_ wrote:Maybe so the app is linked to our profile? i did 50+ posts on my iphone while on holidays and they dont show under the total posts statistic :(
That's a bug that should be fixed... will have to wait once January is out of the way...
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Pete I just feel it gives a clearer indication of the severity of the post.

I feel I am here to mod post to the clubs rules and one of those is if it offends members. I will not moderate posts that may offend members only those that do.

It helps greatly in my decision if I see posts have been reported.

Return to “Rules & Information”