***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ - Goals & Achievments

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Sat May 23, 2009 10:16 am

It wasn't meant to be an attack. Sorry if it sounded that way. I agree that age (or anything else) shouldn't be a factor but it could be. I was just giving an idea of why some may not post. I may be completely wrong altogether.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:25 pm

i know while looking at cars i will sign up to a forum and some let you straight in and other you have to show your an aive member for a week wich is a pain because you have to go on the sight all the time and cant really do anything.

and a few i have signed up to, just to ask a few questions about that car the people are just arrigant 12 your olds who know nothing about cars or wont give you the time of day because you dont own that particular car.
but i signed up to a VW forum and they are really nice people and very helpful (not as good as you guys though :P )

and some forums all the people are morons and their car is the best and everyone else car sucks. just look at a commodore forum.

and i dont really care if you have non-active members, as long as you dont have stupid morons who think they know everything there is to know about cars. yes it would be good to have 500 active members but then i think the forum would be full or random crap.

this is a very friendly and helpful club. adn really it sounds weird but that is a selling point for the Lancer

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat May 23, 2009 9:14 pm

crankyfatcow wrote:It wasn't meant to be an attack. Sorry if it sounded that way. I agree that age (or anything else) shouldn't be a factor but it could be. I was just giving an idea of why some may not post. I may be completely wrong altogether.

I didn't see it that way either.
I'm just trying to say "don't worry" and just share what you want to. No one will judge you... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sun May 24, 2009 2:26 pm

I agree with ofey,crankyfatcow - I'm 48 and as active as I can be here
This is a great community spirited club with a wide range of ages/creeds and backgrounds,there are no judgements made here and no intolerance will be put up with at all - Enjoy the company and be yourself we are all friends here........ :D
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue May 26, 2009 3:46 pm

We just reached....

30,000 Posts

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue May 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Can I make a suggestion - I am an administrator of another forum where we have over 2,600 members. The forum is run using the phpBB software, very similar to this one.

In our case, we send a 'forced reactivation' email to members that have not posted for 6 months. This means that if they look at the board but don't post, they will just hit the link in the email to reactivate their membership. If they choose not to reactivate after a month, then they are deleted.

We found this is a successful way of determining how many members are active (and by active I mean at least reading the board, not necessarily posting).

It is also a fair way to allow silent users a means by which they can still use the board as many read it only and don't post. It also removes spammers from the member list (not that it seems to be a problem here yet, but we get 3 or 4 signing up per week to advertise mobile phones and all sorts of other stuff).

My other forum does not have to deal with sponsors and dealers as we do here, so I guess that adds another realm to 'padded out' member numbers. If a dealer/sponsor has made that point to ofey already, ithe forced reactivation might be something worth investigating and sponsors would at least then know that all members are current and whilst maybe not posting, are at least viewing the board.

My 2.2 cents.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue May 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks Andrew thats something i think we can look at...
but it still troubles me a little especially when i get a PM like this.

I'm an inactive member and hardly ever post. But I admire the CJ and enjoy logging on. I log on quite regularly, everyday if I'm free, once or twice a week if I'm busy.

The day the forum starts prioritizing dealers and sponsors over members will be a very sad day for this fantastic forum. Just my 0.02.

some food for thought. i suppose.

at least me have our Premium Members Sequential Number List ..... thats at 67
and our only true indicator.

+ Everyone can see ClubCJ's Daily Statistics,
thats why i think its so good that its up the top of ClubCJ's home page.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue May 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Maybe...we should have a thread that is for inactive or 'non posting' members such as this person, just to say we are hear and we support you. simple as that.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 pm

552 members!!

Return to “Rules & Information”