***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ - Goals & Achievments

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue May 19, 2009 11:55 am

ClubCJ reached a milestone today.

500+ Members..........for ClubCJ - The CJ Lancer Club.

Congratulations to Everyone!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 pm

I want to add to all those who have not registered.

A car club is only as strong as its members commitment. $20 isn't a big drop but if all 500 registrants on the site had put in $20-A$25, we'll have club funds in excess of A$10,000.

This gives us the leverage to work out things for the benefit of everyone. From the printing of shirts to negotiation of group buys.

It is imperative that all here also take part in group buys or subscribe to the AutoSalon magazine as this keeps sponsors coming in and getting us more stuff at lower prices.

So please consider joining us as a Premium member today!
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

m1n1on
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby m1n1on » Tue May 19, 2009 5:08 pm

congrats club CJ! lets try to double in size by Oct 2009!

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed May 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Congratulations ClubCJ 500 and counting is truly amazing in such a short time! We can only get bigger and better.......
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:04 pm

500 members but syd cruise 10, melb cruise 9, bris cruise 6, cairns 3 thats only 28... where are all these members when it comes to meets/cruises?events?

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:34 pm

as soon as i get my lancer i will become a Prem member and go on as many cruises as i can

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 pm

bigdave_1988 wrote:500 members but syd cruise 10, melb cruise 9, bris cruise 6, cairns 3 thats only 28... where are all these members when it comes to meets/cruises?events?

I agree with bigdave_1988. Where are these people.

I think what we need to do is a culling. I'd rather have say 150 members but with everyone having at least turned up for one cruise than claim I have 500 members but all silent ones.

I say we remove all those accounts with 0 posts. It's embarrassing the number who have no posts.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri May 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Thats what i was thinking. Ive looked through the member lists multiply times, and looking at the people who first signed up, theres no posts at all.

Sureley they wont come back...No offence or anything matt.

But i agree with ofey, site needs a bit of a culling.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat May 23, 2009 1:42 am

we do have a lot of inactive accounts,
but we cannot delete any of them....sorry.

once they have registered thats it, it would not be fair to remove them.....even though i support your concerns.

i lot of inactive members still visit the site.
I don't know what their problem is, why they don't post and contribute.

we need ways to encourage people to post.....
because there are always going to be members who don't post but enjoy the site.

Also...we have our Premium Member Sequential Number List.
going by that we have 65 premium members.
we need to build on that, and encourage more Registered members to become FULL PREMIUM MEMBERS.

With all the Discounts on Group Buys and Sponsors Specials!!!
It Pays to Belong!

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 am

plus we would probably have more influence on suppliers if we say we have 500 potential buyers rather that 150. maybe things like the count to a million thread where it is easier to post and possibly more things to spend points on would encourage people to post more......maybe alot more polls just random stuff to get people talking. and i think the email idea is a great one or a monthly news letter just to let people know what is going on and get them logging in.
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat May 23, 2009 8:49 am

Yeah oz makes a good point it would be a bit unfair....

Btw ozie, you car looks sick in that picture man...DAYYAMMMNNN
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Sat May 23, 2009 9:03 am

Just to give you all another side of people signing up & not posting. As a an older lady (49) I find that sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming (if that's the right word) to be on here in the 1st place but I do find a lot of information. Seeing most of you (I assume) are in their 20's it's sort of weird for me but I do like being here. I know I do post occasionally but there may be others who would rather not for the same reason. I actually signed up for 2 other sites (aircraft ones) & have only posted on one of those once. I love looking at & photographing planes but as for talking about it is another thing. But i like to see what everyone has to say.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat May 23, 2009 10:00 am

crankyfatcow wrote:Just to give you all another side of people signing up & not posting. As a an older lady (49) I find that sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming (if that's the right word) to be on here in the 1st place but I do find a lot of information. Seeing most of you (I assume) are in their 20's it's sort of weird for me but I do like being here. I know I do post occasionally but there may be others who would rather not for the same reason. I actually signed up for 2 other sites (aircraft ones) & have only posted on one of those once. I love looking at & photographing planes but as for talking about it is another thing. But i like to see what everyone has to say.

I don't see it your way. Age shouldn't be a factor. Tadz0rz is 16 and he's entitled to his opinions as much as you are. I don't think we discriminate on age and neither to we prevent people from sharing their opinion. It's a democracy here in Australia and even more so on the Internet.

Furthermore, I feel background, wealth and race all don't play any factor. We're all here with one thing in common. We own (or are to own) a CJ Lancer. Age, Race, Sex or background shouldn't be a consideration.

Coming back to the postings, regardless of who you are, surely an introduction cannot be beyond someone. E.g.

Hi, I'm Irving or ofey, 31 this year, this CJ is my first car. Looking to learn more about it and meet like minded car enthusiasts through this site... .

Which is why I said only cull those with ZERO posts. Even if they do an intro, they remain registered!

The reason why I brought it up is that one of our sponsors expressed a concern saying we have 500 members in the number on the first page but when looking through the members list more than 70% of them had 0 posts. It seemed to him that we were building up artificial numbers. Not many dealers now are mucks when it comes to such things.

p.s. I'm glad you like being here. I'm sure everyone enjoys having you here too! Our diversity is probably what makes our club unique. We've been aspiring to that, to cater to the tuners and to those daily drivers who just want to add abit of spice into their CJs... .

Return to “Rules & Information”