***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Creating an FAQ for DRLs

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Creating an FAQ for DRLs

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey guys. I have a quick question to ask.

I was wondering on this forum whether I'm allowed to upload an FAQ about Daytime Running Lights. Rules on how to use them, when and when not to use them and things like that. I came up with this idea because when I went searching on Google for answers, not many "decent" or "official" answers popped up and people had different opinions as well.

I think it would make our forum look good if the REAL answer was actually on this forum. can I get approval from anyone?

Cheers
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Don't need approval from anyone mate. If you want to have a crack at at then go for it! So long as you create the thread in the appropriate category, probably under the "lighting" category, no one will say anything to stop it
All bleeding stops eventually!

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 pm

ijustatecurry wrote:Dont need approval from anyone mate. If you want to have a crack at at then go for it! So long as you create the thread in the appropriate category, probably under the lighting category, no one will say anything to stop it

Cheers, I thought I would ask because I don't want to get banned for anything. Just checking. Thanks :)
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Longinus
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Longinus » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:19 am

I've had DRL's in for a while, but not really aware of the regulations about them. Sounds like a good idea, especially if you could include any state specific regulations

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 am

metalstrix wrote:Hey guys. I have a quick question to ask. I was wondering on this forum whether Im allowed to upload an FAQ about Daytime Running Lights. Rules on how to use them, when and when not to use them and things like that. I came up with this idea because when I went searching on Google for answers, not many decent or official answers popped up and people had different opinions as well. I think it would make our forum look good if the REAL answer was actually on this forum. can I get approval from anyone? Cheers

Sharing knowledge is NEVER a problem on this problem.
Facts will never be disputed, but Opinions can be up for discussion,

The only reason why something could be removed is if it can be construed as a personal or buisness sale without the poster being PREMIUM.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 pm

IIRC, many cars on the US market have DRLs that are a generation behind the current day 'LED strip type' lighting. That is, they use the high beam light bulb, but at reduced voltage. Some models would have dedicated DRL lamps, but for the sake of cost cutting it is quite common for car makers to use the nighttime high beam headlamps at reduced power for daytime lights. (and this is 10-15 years ago, before the luxeon LED bulb paving the way for the current trend of LED lighting being bright enough to be used for illumination).

eg. CJ Lancers sold in Canada are all fitted with DRLs which turn the high beam headlight on when the ignition is on, but at a lesser light output during daytime than if you were to switch on the high beams. I'm sure given sufficient motivation, someone could figure out how to enable this in AUDM Lancers - changing either ECU settings, the fuses in the fusebox or rewiring the headlamps to accomplish this.

Return to “Rules & Information”