***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Do you use "hidden" status on yr profle? READ THIS

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Tate,

You are right that Pete does a top job, that is not in question here (not by me or most anyways). I just feel that the 'hidden' function is at odds with the 'community' that this forum is supposed to foster and promote.

I do understand that people can always not log on and see 90% of the threads (something I don't personally agree with - a few public forums yes, but if you want to get into the nitty gritty you sign up (for free, so why not)) and I feel if people are that antisocial/anal/paranoid then they will do that anyway - but for most they will not bother. I'm guessing that there are a few who stay hidden all the time (?) out of habit moreso than anything else and this is not right.

I'm also guessing that most people here did not know of this function and a few will now also use it, just because they can

*facepalm*
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 pm

People are given this hidden status option, but I don't think that it's right. If you are going to post or reply to threads, then it wouldn't make sense that you are shown as offline. If you are logged in the forums, then why would you make others think that you aren't.

This is much like Private Number. People who go for this protect their identity, but at the expense of others. I think that I should know who's calling me before I answer my phone.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:08 am

Meaty... Thank you.
2010 Lancer Es - My Ride
Wanna be customiser!!
ACT Rep 2012
CJLancerInstalls - How-To's!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 am

Sometimes things happen in Life that we don't like or agree with .....
It happens because others we associate with in a common place prefer to act differently.

This "Hidden Status" has always been available for all members to use since Mattigins originally initiated the club.
However the original concept only masked you name in the "Members Online" on the home page, allowing you to peruse the Active Topics, read & reply to PM's & without getting involved in any post or chat activity.
Sometime we all just want to have a Private View without getting Involved.

Your Avatar still showed you as "Online" in your thread posts .... so anyone suspecting you were playing "Hidden" could simply view your last post and ascertain your current status: "Online" or "Offline" at the bottom of your Avatar.

The last Elections appointed Chubb to the position of Administrator.
Within days of his appointment, Chubb would be "Hidden" 24/7 and members were always querying and asking in Chat.
Some members (me included) received Timed Chat Bans for querying or questioning his Online existence.
Then some of us, (me included) realised that you only needed to view any of Chubb's last thread post to identify if his Avatar was Indeed "Online" or "Offline"

Chubb soon realised that this "Hidden" masquerade was Flawed and his Online Status was being Revealed .... *doh*
So Chubb (having access to CCJ"s Electronic Engine Room) changed the coding so his "Hidden" status would also show him as Offline in his Avatar / Thread Post's.

This would Definitely Avoid any Confirmation of his Status and thus keep everyone thinking WTF he was playing ... *noidea*
However this Coding change Chubb implemented to Mask his own Status consequently applied to all others.

Most of us Senior & Respectful Members viewed this behaviour as Offensive, Unnecessarily Elusive & an Unacceptable Character Play especially when practised by ranked Administerial Member.

There's "Only One Way" to Defeat such Disreputable Conduct .... Play the "Same Game" and Hopefully bring this "Deliberately Manipulated" "Hidden Status" to a head.

That's why may of us Senior & Respectful Members have "Unwillingly" been playing the "Hidden" game hoping for a Resolve.

Well Finally Common Sense has Prevailed .... to return Fair & Open Identity Status on this Forum without the Silly Secret Squirrel Stuff .... :D

Hopefully this type of Deliberate Stupidity will not Prevail or find Reason to again Infect the Open & Honest Intent within this Forum.

Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L
Merlin Inspired Variable Engine Control

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:42 am

Erin .... I accept you POV and understand your point entirely ... but there is much history about this club which your not aware off and I have no will or reason to discuss further .... so please be understanding.

Re: Hidden Status .... we really had no other alternative other than to act the same in seeking a resolve.

I've been a Premium Member for 4yrs now, and this is the first time I can recall when us Seniors have Acted Collectively to achieve an Mature & Open state of Play.

Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L
Merlin Inspired Variable Engine Control

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 am

Sam - much of what you have said is rubbish and untrue.

Read my previous post. The hidden feature is an out of the box feature of the software. Nothing to do with Mattigins. You've always had a hate for admin, no matter who it is.

The fact that you could see if the user was actually online (when they were hidden) by viewing their profile was something of a "oversight" by the phpbb open source community programmers that wrote phpbb.

All the rest of what you said requires you to apologise to Chubb and to the senior committee.

It was I that plugged the hole because you had mentioned this to me when we used to talk in a phone conversation last year. After you were playing games and exploiting this inadvertent "feature" - I put a stop it. Actually most of the stuff I have to plug is because of YOU Sam. You and your silly mind games. So there are the facts.

SAM-24A wrote:Sometimes things happen in Life that we dont like or agree with ..... It happens because others we associate with in a common place prefer to act differently. This Hidden Status has always been available for all members to use since Mattigins originally initiated the club. However the original concept only masked you name in the [color=yellow:5af66f3165]Members Online[/color:5af66f3165] on the home page, allowing you to peruse the Active Topics, read & reply to PMs & without getting involved in any post or chat activity. Sometime we all just want to have a Private View without getting Involved. Your Avatar still showed you as [b:5af66f3165][color=green:5af66f3165]Online[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165] in your thread posts .... so anyone suspecting you were playing Hidden could simply view your last post and ascertain your current status: [b:5af66f3165][color=green:5af66f3165]Online[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165] or [b:5af66f3165][color=red:5af66f3165]Offline[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165] at the bottom of your Avatar. The last Elections appointed Chubb to the position of Administrator. Within days of his appointment, Chubb would be Hidden 24/7 and members were always querying and asking in Chat. Some members (me included) received Timed Chat Bans for querying or questioning his Online existence. Then some of us, (me included) realised that you only needed to view any of Chubbs last thread post to identify if his Avatar was Indeed [b:5af66f3165][color=green:5af66f3165]Online[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165] or [b:5af66f3165][color=red:5af66f3165]Offline[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165] Chubb soon realised that this Hidden masquerade was Flawed and his Online Status was being Revealed .... *doh* So Chubb (having access to CCJs Electronic Engine Room) changed the coding so his Hidden status would also show him as [b:5af66f3165][color=red:5af66f3165]Offline[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165] in his Avatar / Thread Posts. This would Definitely Avoid any Confirmation of his Status and thus keep everyone thinking WTF he was playing ... *noidea* However this Coding change Chubb implemented to Mask his own Status consequently applied to all others. Most of us Senior & Respectful Members viewed this behaviour as Offensive, Unnecessarily Elusive & an Unacceptable Character Play especially when practised by ranked Administerial Member. Theres Only One Way to Defeat such Disreputable Conduct .... Play the Same Game and Hopefully bring this Deliberately Manipulated Hidden Status to a head. Thats why may of us Senior & Respectful Members have Unwillingly been playing the Hidden game hoping for a Resolve. Well Finally Common Sense has Prevailed .... to return Fair & Open Identity Status on this Forum without the Silly Secret Squirrel Stuff .... :D Hopefully this type of Deliberate Stupidity will not Prevail or find Reason to again Infect the Open & Honest Intent within this Forum. [i:5af66f3165][b:5af66f3165][color=gold:5af66f3165][size=20:5af66f3165]Sam[/size:5af66f3165][/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165][/i:5af66f3165] ..... *thumb* [size=14:5af66f3165][i:5af66f3165][b:5af66f3165][color=springgreen:5af66f3165]Merlinised[/color:5af66f3165][color=mediumorchid:5af66f3165] MIVEC[/color:5af66f3165] - [color=silver:5af66f3165]Aspi[/color:5af66f3165][color=red:5af66f3165]R[/color:5af66f3165][color=silver:5af66f3165]e 2.4L[/color:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165][/i:5af66f3165][/size:5af66f3165] [size=12:5af66f3165][i:5af66f3165][b:5af66f3165][color=red:5af66f3165]M[/color:5af66f3165][color=silver:5af66f3165]erlin[/color:5af66f3165] [color=red:5af66f3165]I[/color:5af66f3165][color=silver:5af66f3165]nspired[/color:5af66f3165] [color=red:5af66f3165]V[/color:5af66f3165][color=silver:5af66f3165]ariable[/color:5af66f3165] [color=red:5af66f3165]E[/color:5af66f3165][color=silver:5af66f3165]ngine[/color:5af66f3165] [color=red:5af66f3165]C[/color:5af66f3165][color=silver:5af66f3165]ontrol[/color:5af66f3165][/i:5af66f3165][/b:5af66f3165][/size:5af66f3165]
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 am

SAM-24A wrote:Sometimes things happen in Life that we dont like or agree with ..... It happens because others we associate with in a common place prefer to act differently.

People don't act differently.
We're just different as people.
If we all thought the same way, we'd be clones.
And I'd much rather be me. An original.

SAM-24A wrote:This Hidden Status has always been available for all members to use since Mattigins originally initiated the club. However the original concept only masked you name in the [color=yellow:5af66f3165]Members Online[/color:5af66f3165] on the home page, allowing you to peruse the Active Topics, read & reply to PMs & without getting involved in any post or chat activity. Sometime we all just want to have a Private View without getting Involved.

There were alot of other things initiated in the original forum which we've removed for the betterment of the user experience.

Here's where the concept is wrong though.
If you wanna be visible, log on and read a msg and log off without getting involved, surely that choice must be left to you.
There is no need to explain yourself, nor hide.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 am

VRX-Pete's famous words .. Pete wrote:So there are the facts.

Thanks Pete ..... Your always "Full of Facts"
You seem to think that no one else in this club has enough brains to work out what goes on around here ... *loco*
That's precisely why many of us have deliberately played the "Hidden" status in order to bring it to a head.

VRX-Pete also wrote:Actually most of the stuff I have to plug is because of YOU Sam. You and your silly mind games.

I don't play Silly Mind Games Peter .... You play them within your Own Head and Convince yourself accordingly ... :roll:
That's why you respond so immediately and change/plug things .... and then blame me ... :(

VRX-Pete wrote:You've always had a hate for admin, no matter who it is.

Don't be so disheartened Pete .... I *kiss* & *hug* you more than you realise .... but you keep shutting me out ... :cry:

Anyway ... Let the Members read both our posts & Draw their Own Conclusions ....That's Democracy even on CCJ .... *thumb*
Last edited by SAM-24A on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 am

The one thing that members hate is these bullshit threads. It just turns into a shit storm - this was a simple thread about a change - that's all. It could left at that. However you kick it off with a personal attack on an ex-admin and myself, making half cocked accusations, so this thread has descended into this, where we need to correct the misinformed and misleading statements made by some.

Sorry Sam, to make yourself a hero out of this doesn't wash with me, you never were championing for this change. Never did you make a formal request - you just went on with the games of playing hidden in the first instance. Modus operandi for you, really. If you really were championing for this change and you were so passionate about the concerns about this, why didn't you raise this through normal channels. That's what normal rational people would do. They'd campaign for a change through the proper channels. Not carry on a game of "civil disobedience" to force about change. Besides the "win" you claim to have is not really a win. People still can use hidden, it just stops people from abusing it or carelessly leaving it on "hidden".

For some time Chubb and I observed how you operated with the hidden status. You were the prime user and in fact were an advocate of keeping the hidden status feature as it allowed you quiet time to read your PMs without being disturbed. Remember the representations you made to me long ago? Or does your memory conveniently fail you or have you had a change of heart now? You also stated in recent times in chat you saw the merits of keeping "hidden" as a feature - unfortunately the chat logs don't go that far back.

I don't change things and plug holes because I have ample time to concoct these things up or that I'm bored, I'm generally time poor, I'd rather not waste my time reading through thousands of line of code to find what I need to change to resolve these issues. I plug things in response to issues that crop up because people are abusing them or have found a oversight that allows them to circumvent how things are supposed to work.

so what "is going on around here" Sam? You've never had the front to actually make any outright claims. You always allude to "things". Speak facts mate, and back it up with evidence. Else I ask you to refrain from talking such utter nonsense.

I don't keep shutting you out Sam, to me Sam, you were dead to me a long time ago the way you turned on me and what you've said about me to others. I don't dislike you or hate you, because that requires emotional energy to do that, and that would be wasted energy. Much easier to turn my back and ignore people like you, I just wont have negative life forces in my life. Besides there are 7 billion more interesting people on this planet to meet. You on the other hand, seem to have a very unhealthy pre-occupation with me and too focused on expressing your hate to others. As they say, haters gonna hate.

You've always had a problem with any admin team, be it Mattigins, Chubb or myself and had major arguments and run ins with all the current senior team - I'm not sure what your problem you have with anyone with authority in the club. It seems the problem is you and not the rest of us.

Sam, you owe Chubb and the senior comm an apology, but in particular, Chubb an apology and rescind your statements about him earlier.

SAM-24A wrote:[b:6d87759749][quote:6d87759749=VRX-Petes famous words .. Pete]So there are the facts.[/quote:6d87759749][/b:6d87759749] Thanks Pete ..... Your always Full of Facts You seem to think that no one else in this club has enough brains to work out what goes on around here ... *loco* Thats precisely why many of us have deliberately played the Hidden status in order to bring it to a head. [quote:6d87759749=VRX-Pete also]Actually most of the stuff I have to plug is because of YOU Sam. You and your silly mind games. [/quote:6d87759749] I dont play Silly Mind Games Peter .... You play them within your Own Head and Convince yourself accordingly ... :roll: Thats why you respond so immediately and change/plug things .... and then blame me ... :( [quote:6d87759749=VRX-Pete]Youve always had a hate for admin, no matter who it is. [/quote:6d87759749] Dont be so disheartened Pete .... I *kiss* & *hug* you more than you realise .... but you keep shutting me out ... :cry: Anyway ... Let the Members read both our posts & Draw their Own Conclusions ....Thats Democracy even on CCJ .... *thumb*

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 am

aspir3 wrote:Question. So how can I change it back to hidden using my android phone using the normal site?
A: Use the menus.
aspir3 wrote:Many of us only use our phones and not our computers.
Many? I beg to differ, I can pull the user-agent stats showing thats not the case... oh wait.. here's some stats.. Top 15 user agents. Apple iOS just makes it on the Top15 with 1.54% of all requests... android is even further down the list. Not many at all. Or a sizeable number to really justify changing the entire site. I can toggle your hidden status on the backend in the database if you want me to. Just PM me.

Code: Select all

1    437575    14.41%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
2    307696    10.13%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.95 Safari/537.11
3    131860    4.34%    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; PPC Mac OS X 10_5_8) AppleWebKit/534.50.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.6 Safari/533.22.3
4    113518    3.74%    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
5    92137    3.03%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.95 Safari/537.11
6    85383    2.81%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121026 Firefox/16.0
7    84163    2.77%    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)
8    81649    2.69%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
9    79983    2.63%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.95 Safari/537.11
10    74688    2.46%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
11    73870    2.43%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1229.92 Safari/537.4
12    58801    1.94%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
13    55018    1.81%    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 Safari/537.11
14    53103    1.75%    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0)
15    46809    1.54%    Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.2

aspir3 wrote:I can not use the drop down boxes on the home page to access my profile. Can this be looked at please.
I'm not changing the site because you don't know how to use your device. Works fine on my Android phone. Here's a couple of tips. Familiarise yourself with "pinch and zoom" and "tap and hold" - works a treat. Tap and hold on the menu item and the drop down shows, click on the sub-menu item you want. No so hard.

Meaty wrote:Pete, you have always done a top job, and im sure you always will... haters always gotta hate...

bunnishiwa wrote:Tate, You are right that Pete does a top job, that is not in question here (not by me or most anyways).

Thanks you for the kind words guys. It means a lot to me. It's reassuring to know that there is support out there. All I tend to hear is the negativity from a handful of naysayers. This admin gig is not as glam as it's made out to be, you have to be thick skinned to not let a few misinformed people get to you, otherwise I would've thrown in the towel and walked away from this place ages ago. At the end of the day, it's the members like you that keeps me going.

ImageImage

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Geez Pete .... you sure concentrate much energy & write alot about me considering you prefer to:
Pete wrote:Much easier to turn my back and ignore people like you

Pete requests & wrote:Sam, you owe Chubb and the senior comm an apology, but in particular, Chubb an apology and rescind your statements about him earlier.

Apology to Chubb .... You of all people request .... "I Apologise to Chubb".
You have a Below Average Rating to be making such request's Peter.

You've never Answered any of my Contentious PM's or Apologised/Given Rational Explanation for any of Your Actions & Statements against me in the past.
Remember Peter ..... Your the President who "Crossed the Line" by reading my PM's to other members and then explaining your way out of it with "Electronic Mumbo Jumbo" that no one can prove otherwise because you hold CCJ's Engine Room Control Buttons.

Admin Chubb has had his fair share of snipe remarks against me in the past, even as recent as Wednesday evening in n Chat.
Falsely & Unverifiabley stating & blaming my accountability for another members (his mate) $500 exhaust woes ….
No Apology or Retraction came from Chubb .....!

But you wouldn't know what was stated on Wednesday night .... because you weren't online.
Maybe you'll come up with another "Fact" to contradict that also.

Thanks Pete ..... :)

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 pm

燒

Return to “Rules & Information”