***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW rep position election - voting open for premium members

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

NSW rep position election - voting open for premium members

Postby The X » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:24 pm

How do I nominate someone?

Enter in the name of the NSW or VIC member you wish to nominate for the relevant state rep position. Please don't nominate someone outside of NSW for the NSW rep position and likewise for the VIC position.

Once you have typed in your nomination, hit submit, it will try and re-direct to your post, however once a post is submitted it is marked "secret" so you will get the following "error" message. "You cannot view other people's nominations, as the nominations period is currently open. All members will have access to this sub-forum once the voting commences. Please come back then. Thank you". It really isn't an error. Rest assured your nomination has been received.

Your nomination post is only secret until the election starts and only then it will be publicly viewable. The logic behind this decision is explained further down this post.

To nominate someone - click on this link.

-----------------------
This is just a heads up to allow members to start seriously thinking about who they wish to nominate but also give some thought if they want to self-nominate or run if they are nominated.

Following on from the resignation of NSW & VIC reps - I'll kick off the nominations opening on Monday 1st October 2012, as per the club rules we'll be opening up nominations for 1 week.

Intro
As per the constitution section titled "Annual Elections" nominations will be open for 1 full week.

*The process to nominate will be an initial "blind" nomination process.
*All members (Premium and non-premium) will be able to participate in the nominations cycle ONLY. Voting will still be restricted to PREMIUM ONLY.
*During this nomination process no-one (except for myself and Chubb) will be able to see any of the posts in the "Nominations 2012" sub-forum whilst the nominations process is in flight.
*At the conclusion of the nominations period, all nominees will be approached via PM and advised of their nomination. They will have 72 hours to decide if they wish to accept prior to going to elections. As per the rules they can only run for one position if they have been nominated for multiple positions.
*Once all the nominees have responded, accepted and committed to running in the elections, the "Nominations 2012" sub-forum will be released for public view but all threads locked to prevent editing.
*The nominees once accepting the nomination cannot pull out of the election. No further nominations will be accepted unless there were no nominations for a position to start off with with no pre-existing elected individual holding that position.
*At the same time the "Candidate Showcase" sub-forum will be opened with a thread for each nominee. It will allow each nominee to make their pitch to the members, why they should be elected and I hope outline what plans they have for the club and members. Members can also ask their questions. This will be opened prior to elections and remain open during the elections.

Why the "blind" nomination process?
Simple. I do not want fresh talent some how feeling intimidated by virtue that they only got 2 nominations over someone else's 10 nominations, or the situation where perhaps they feel like they are "stealing" a position over someone who's been around longer and feel that the competitor is somehow more "deserving" of the position over them. No one is "entitled" to a position.

Positions that are available
VIC state representative
NSW state representative
(These positions will be held until early next year when FULL committee elections are held again)

So if you can't commit to a full year, but want to rep for a while, then this might be the gig for you! :)

Please read the club constitution regarding eligibility @ http://clubcj.net/constitution.pdf

Ideally I'd like to see some reps that are very keen and can think outside of the box and put some awesome events in VIC and NSW.

VIC has been lacking cruises, so would be great to see someone with great knowledge of the VIC tracks and get some decent cruises happening.

Any other questions about what's involved in being a rep, ask away.
Last edited by The X on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Apologies for letting this slip. I've been off sick with the flu and pretty much in bed for the past 4 days. I'll make the coding changes to kick this off overnight.
Cheers.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:55 am

Nominations are now open.
I'll mark this as open as of 10:00 AEST.
Being that we have daylight saving this weekend, we'll call this concluded in a week's time at 11:00 AEDT on 12th Oct, 2012.

I'm also locking this thread, because invariably someone won't read the original post on how to nominate and post their nominations in this public thread. It has to be done.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:01 pm

All nominees have been PM'd and will have until Fri 8pm to advise if they wish to run.
Voting should open on Saturday of this weekend.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Notifications to eligible premium members have been sent out.

To view each candidate's pitch on why you should vote for them or to ask questions - go to http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12841

If you are curious as to who nominated who, for this position. You can have a peek @ http://clubcj.net/viewforum.php?f=101

Voting will conclude 28/11/12 19:00 ADST, but please ensure you cast your vote well before this, I'm hoping the SurveyMonkey system will take into account daylight saving and not close the poll 1 hour early instead.

Apologies for taking so long to get this election off the ground and missing the various milestones I set. Unfortunately due to various circumstances outside of ClubCJ, my availability has been limited and haphazard of late, to devote an extended time period to re-code the voter mail-out software and set up the ballots. I know it wasn't ideal nor was I too happy with the situation, but life happens! :(

FAQs

Why didn't I get a vote link?

Most likely because your premium status has expired or you signed up ON or AFTER the date the nomination period for NSW opened which was 27/09/2012. A cut off date had to be set to prevent the possibility of stacking the vote, hence the opening date of NSW nominations was chosen as the cut off.

Why have I got multiple emails?

The system will have sent the exact same message via PM and also via your email address provided in your profile. Also additionally, the system will also email the email address provided in your premium member details database to ensure that members are given a fair chance of notification.

Does it mean if I got 1/2/3 messsages, I can vote that many times?
No, all your messages have the same unique link. Irrespective of which message (email or PM) you use to click on. Once you complete the survey it will invalidate that link for any future re-use.

I made a mistake in my responses and I want a new unique survey link.

Bad luck. Much like a real ballot, once you've cast your vote, you cannot go back through the votes and change it. No exceptions.

I lost my link/deleted my email/PM - can I have a new unique survey link?

No. However I can look up your allocated unique survey link and you can be provided with that.

when I click on the link I get a message "Thank you for taking the time to vote in the ClubCJ NSW Rep election.."

The unique "one time use" link you have been provided has been used and completed the ballot. If you are sure you have not, PM me so I can investigate.
Any attempts to rig the vote by anyone, including making false claims, will be dealt with, swiftly and harshly under the provisions of the constitution.

ImageImage

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:33 pm

i did wish to see the nominations .. but it says locked, active nominations ...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Meaty wrote:i did wish to see the nominations .. but it says locked, active nominations ...

Forgot to tidy up the android and iphone version to remove that restriction. Give me a few minutes should have that sorted for you...

ImageImage

Return to “Rules & Information”