***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Nominations for the 2012 CCJ committee - ** CLOSED **

Rules - Information - Suggestions - Feedback - Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Help Centre.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Nominations for the 2012 CCJ committee - ** CLOSED **

Postby The X » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:16 am

Intro
Now that the vote for the constitutional ammendments has closed and the results are in we have a clear picture of our committee structure moving forward and can move the next stage of the election process and that is a 7 day period for nominations.

There has been a slight change in the initial proposal, as part of committee discussions;
Members will be allowed to make 1 SELF nomination AND also be able to accept 1 PEER nomination of the positions their peers have nominated them for.

Self nomination is OPTIONAL, but once you have self nominated you cannot withdraw/change your nomination once the nomination period has closed.

For peer nominations, acceptance is OPTIONAL. Nominees will be unaware of how many people and who nominated them for each position, until it is revealed when the elections are opened.

The process in brief
7 day nomination period - all SELF and PEER nominations must occur in this timeframe.
3-4 days to compile nominations, notify nominees and have a committment, 72 hrs of this will be for nominees to consider which nomination(s) they wish to accept and time to configure the votes on SurveyMonkey.
7 days for the elections to be run.
Results announced.
Positions being filled are conditional on passing relevant checks.

*All members (Premium and non-premium) will be able to participate in the nominations cycle ONLY. Voting will still be restricted to PREMIUM ONLY.

To nominate someone please click on this link
http://clubcj.net/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=101

During the 7 day nomination period - the nominations will be kept private, with the exception for myself and Mizta B, no one will be able to see any of the posts in the "Nominations 2012" sub-forum whilst the nominations process is in flight.

The main driver for this policy is;
* to get around member apathy - if you can't see if your preferred choice has been already nominated, would you risk not making an effort to ensure they were nominated?;
* encourage members to nominate a candidate that's different to what's already been put forward - gives a bit varierty to the electoral race - if people see the incumbent or a popular candidate being nominated, members may be less inclined to put their suggestion forward;

At the conclusion of the nominations period, all nominees will be approached via PM and advised of what positions they have been nominated for. They will have 72 hours to decide if and which of the nomination(s) they wish to accept prior to going to elections.

Once all the nominees have responded within the 72 hrs, accepted and committed to running in the elections, the "Nominations 2012" sub-forum will be released for public view but all threads locked to prevent editing.

The nominees once accepting a nomination or self-nominating cannot pull out of the election. No further nominations will be accepted unless there were no nominations for a position to start off with with no pre-existing elected individual holding that position.

At the same time the "Candidate Showcase" sub-forum will be opened with a thread for each nominee. It will allow each nominee to make their pitch to the members, why they should be elected and I hope outline what plans they have for the club and members. Members can also ask their questions. This will be opened prior to elections and remain open during the elections.

Why the "blind" nomination process?
Simple. I do not want fresh talent some how feeling intimidated by virtue that they only got 2 nominations over someone else's 10 nominations, or the situation where perhaps they feel like they are "stealing" a position over the incumbent who's been around longer and feel that the competitor is somehow more "deserving" of the position over them. No one is "entitled" to a position.
*It also encourages members to nominate individuals without being put off if they see a large number of nominations for an alternative nominee.
*It stops candidates from being scared off by whom they are competing against or bow out early because they think their competitor is going to be a "shoe in/deserves it/is better than them/etc"

Positions that are available

President
Treasurer
Chief Buyer
MLO
Administrator (Forum & Club) - to be a primarily a technical and adminstrative role

5 x State Representatives for;
NSW/ACT
VIC/TAS
QLD
SA/NT
WA

For details of the positions, please refer to draft constiution document http://clubcj.net/2011-ProposedDRAFTClu ... tution.pdf for the time being - until I author the final PDF later today. Being that all ammendments have been passed, it shouldn't be hard to follow or you can wait half a day until I push the final out.

Apologies for the clutter of this post, it's been a long day and I'm under pressure to get this out. I'll tidy this up later today.
Last edited by The X on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 am

I have a Couple of Questions Iam a bit confused about .... I apologize if my answers are already here somewhere but I have read & can't see anything which explains my Questions ...

1 .... Are we allowed to Nominate Members in all states or just the state we live in ?

2 .... Do we Nominate just One Member for a One position in each state "If allowed" or can we Nominate different Members also for other positions as well ?

Regards Doreen .
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 am

The constitution states you can only self nominate for 1 position. You can nominate more then 1 member for a position including interstate reps. I think it would look healthy for the club to have many members going for each position. It would be great to see many active members keen to contribute.

You can only vote for 1 though.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:26 am

Doreen and others, please nominate the people you genuinely believe can do the job in the best interests of the club.

You can nominate people for state reps in other states. The "state specific" portion of it is only 1 part of the job, the state rep/moderator does have a hand in moderating the rest of the forum and chat, etc so their suitability and effectiveness does impact you as well. So you can vote nominate for people in WA if you wish, etc.

During the elections process you can optionally vote for whomever you want in any of the elections/races. All ballots will not be compulsory voting. So you can pick and choose in which ones you wish to cast your vote in and if you feel none on the candidates in a particular race are worth your vote you can chose to not cast a vote at all.

ImageImage

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:28 am

Thank You Troy & Pete For Your Answers it is Clearer Now .... As I remembered earlier there was talk about only Nominating Members in the State that one lived in & I hadn't seen if this had been changed .... Anyways all good now :smile:

@ Pete & Yes I will definitely be Nominating Members I genuinely believe will benefit ClubCJ 8)

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 am

Guys and gals, this closes very early tmrw morning - there ahve been only 21 posts in the nominations threads - would be good to get more involvement for nominations or self-nominations.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Final bump....

To nominate someone please click on this link
http://clubcj.net/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=101

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 am

Nominations have closed. THanks to those who took the time to nominate one of your peers.
I'll be compiling the list of nominees now and PMing the potentials this afternoon. Elections should start on Thursday.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Thank you to everyone that took the time to self nominate and to those who nominated one of your fellow members. It's been a good spread of proposed new faces for most positions, which is what I set out to achieve. Hopefully those nominees will agree to run in the elections.

Everyone who has been eligible to be nominated and has been nominated should have recieved a PM by now.

Nominees have 72 hours to consider if they wish to run for what they have been nomianted for. Once all acceptances have been received by 8pm Thursday, the nominations sub-forum will be unlocked for public viewing.

Best of luck to all our nominees.

ImageImage

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Are you going to email temporary suspended members on their nomination/s? They are entitled to run for positions if they choose too.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 pm

aspir3 wrote:Are you going to email temporary suspended members on their nomination/s? They are entitled to run for positions if they choose too.

I'm sorry Troy, I'd have to disagree. Banned members are banned for a reason and have to serve out their ban. So the timing is unfortunate, but that's the way it is. However I fail to see why you have to post this in a pubic thread. Are you trolling for trouble? If so, please don't. Enough already. This is the first warning. You want to try for a second warning?

ImageImage

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

I dont understand!

First warning for what?

I just asked a relative questions to nominations. I have not seen a rule on temporary suspended members unable to stand for position.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 pm

aspir3 wrote:I dont understand! First warning for what? I just asked a relative questions to nominations. I have not seen a rule on temporary suspended members unable to stand for position.

A bit of common sense goes a long way. There does not have to be a written rule for every eventuality. Someone is banned, they cannot run. It's very simple. I've made a judgement call on sound reasoning, it ends there.

ImageImage

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 pm

So if a member has been nominated before they were banned, how does that exclude them ?

Please quote the relevant clause in the Constitution that covers this.

Thanks, Ron.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:09 pm

WTR wrote:So if a member has been nominated before they were banned, how does that exclude them ? Please quote the relevant clause in the Constitution that covers this. Thanks, Ron.

The ban of the said member does not expire well after the elections start. Irrespective if they were nominated by someone before the ban took effect. As I stated before, not every eventuality is covered off nor is it possible to do that in any document. Common sense needs to prevail in a great many situations. However the said member recieved nominations well after that person's ban started and none before the ban started. I think your argument is what some may call a "own goal". So I don't see why we're having this discssusion, as it's just all a bit moot. Cheers.

ImageImage

Return to “Rules & Information”