***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

~ Automotive Photography ~

Car Images, Wallpapers/High Res, Photography Skills & Idea's.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: ~ Automotive Photography ~

Postby Mystique » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:28 am

Lancer1993 wrote:Can't you get a baby seat in the back of the RA?

Don't like the Craptiva, you'd be better off with the new Mazda CX-5 out soon, if you don't want a Mitsy ASX or go old school and get a Lancer CH wagon VRX spec!

As for camera (bit more on topic for this thread) I have a Canon 70D and several lenses, got a 50mm recently with low f stop, perfect for portraits and blurred backgrounds.

A baby seat does fit in the Ralliart, but I am more thinking long term and running costs. A LTZ Diesel captiva will cost around the same as my Ralliart to fill. But I will get twice as many K's out of the tank compared to the Ralliart. Plus with an LTZ Captiva, you can take it to Walkinshaw and get have some performance and cosmetic upgrades done on it if I choose to do so. (No different to owning a RA really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhNXReWMPE

While Mazdas are nice and I'm sure they're great cars that is just your opinion. IMO they are over priced for what they really are. I respect those who own one and have modified their own. But it's not for me.

I have done my research and this is what I have decided to settle on if I do decide to go through and sell the RA and buy a more practical SUV. The CX5 has just as much bootspace as an ASX which is just as much as a CJ. I want massive bootspace. It was either going to be an Outlander or a Captiva. The new facelift on the ASX is pretty. However, the size of them on the inside is tiny and out of all them the most comfortable one was definitely the Captiva. I may however wait until Mitsubishi decide to do their reveal in March with their new Compact SUV. However I doubt that anything would change my mind.

For the price I was willing to spend and the time I have spent doing the Build + Pricing with all of them, The LTZ Turbo Diesel Captiva was going to cost a few grand less than the XLS ASX that I had built which has a turbo diesel as well with AWD. But again, it is smaller and has less space.

Comparing my sedan to my hatchback has been proven that a pram will fit much more nicely in the back of a hatchback and you can still have space for stuff. So whether or choose to keep my RA or to get rid of it and buy something new will be something that will probably be posted in the future.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:33 am

Now back on topic.

Taken by someone else at a Charity Cruise in December.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Good pics,

I'd like to go on a nice cruise when the weather is kinder, but unfortunately the next longish drive (day trip) will be to organize a memorial for my dad in the coming weeks.

As for those care, of course it's your choice I just bought up the Mazda as I read a review on them last week and if I had to swap brands I'd consider something in the range. But with luck my next car might be a late model RA, something with low kays from a dealer.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

angilina11
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re:

Postby angilina11 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Mystique wrote:Obviously not lancers but... it fits into the "Automotive Photography For Events" Catergory? :D

But, went on my first cruise today with the Fiancee with the Commodore Enthusiasts of Tas, :D It was alot of fun :3

Although, one guy managed to split a hose, and another had driveshaft problems, Other than that :D Everything else was pretty smooth :3

And here are some photos :3

ImageImage

Hello,
These pictures are pretty good .
Thanks

BakedBennes
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby BakedBennes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:15 am

Recently gotten really into photography of cars and other photogenic things haha. Been to a couple of car meets lately where I have taken hundreds of photos of cars :) feel free to like, comment and chare with whoever you like! :) Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/BennettEvocati ... 0277724256

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: Re:

Postby Mystique » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:46 pm

angilina11 wrote:
Mystique wrote:Obviously not lancers but... it fits into the "Automotive Photography For Events" Catergory? :D

But, went on my first cruise today with the Fiancee with the Commodore Enthusiasts of Tas, :D It was alot of fun :3

Although, one guy managed to split a hose, and another had driveshaft problems, Other than that :D Everything else was pretty smooth :3

And here are some photos :3

ImageImage

Hello,
These pictures are pretty good .
Thanks

Thanks ;)

loise12
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re:

Postby loise12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:43 pm

turbogirl wrote:Craig there are a few of brisbane peeps that are into automotive best Photography For Events and use Cannons, ive recently got back into it and purchased my first DSLR however I have a Nikon.

I'm sure if you Pop along to a meet we'd all be happy to share our knowledge.
I would like to start doing regular photo shot meets in new year also.

Hello turbogirl,

Thanks for the post. Its really helpful for me.
I am looking for the best area for photography in Canada, So can you suggest some places which are good for photography??

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 pm

I enjoy digging up old threads, I consider it a bit of a forum hobby, i saw someone comment on a night photography thread before, so I found this one. I've been on the car scene the better part of 12 years in NZ not so much here in AU, I used to take a few photos of friends cars between modifying and swapping parts and what not. these are a couple of photos of a friends Nissan P10 Primera, SR20DE (same engine as in the Nissan Bluebird) standard AUTECH ECU with custom cams, exhaust, and intake.
Camera: Canon EOS350D
Downloaded them off my photobucket, hence the terrible quality
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Return to “Image Gallery”