***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

~ Automotive Photography ~

Car Images, Wallpapers/High Res, Photography Skills & Idea's.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 am

On the topic of lenses you might want to look at old second hand stores, garage sales or even Gumtree. Look for old film SLRs with lenses. Some brands have lenses that are compatible to digital bodies. I have a Nikon F70 here with a heap of lenses. these lenses will fit on a certain Nikon digital body.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:35 am

shamoo wrote:I love photography! I actually moved to Adelaide to study photography years ago but didnt get accepted into the course :( failed the English and science test part of the application. However Im anti digital. I have a couple old school 35ml SLRs that would be about the same age as me that I use. I dont go out taking photos anywhere near as much as I used to. But keep looking at my camera and thinking I need to get back into it. I feel I have way more control of the photo and camera using film over dig. I mainly do black and white as i love going into a dark room and developing my own prints :)

Hey Shamoo, if photography is what you want to do don't give up on it. Go back and have another crack and try and get into your course. I have just started one after 8 years of trial and error when it comes to shooting. I doing a Diploma with the Photography Institute. I have never used film. I thank if you can shoot film you are doing well, you cant check your image until you develop them, where with digital its a lot easier.

Gumtree is a great place to pick up a buy when it comes to camera gear as people just get out of it completely and sell the gear off start another hobby.
The only thing with old film SLR lenses is that they don't communicate with the digital body, having said that neither does my 14mm, it just takes some getting use to.
2009 VRX Sedan - K&N Typhoon air intake with pod filter and heat shield, Greddy SP elite axel back exhaust with chrome tip, RRM ECU fuel management system, RRM 4-1 headers.

bigpoppy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bigpoppy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Always felt like getting a nice camera and taking this up as a hobby

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 pm

bigpoppy wrote:Always felt like getting a nice camera and taking this up as a hobby

Why not, entry level dslr are quite well priced these days and a great way to start off.
2009 VRX Sedan - K&N Typhoon air intake with pod filter and heat shield, Greddy SP elite axel back exhaust with chrome tip, RRM ECU fuel management system, RRM 4-1 headers.

bigpoppy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bigpoppy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:11 pm

VRX_SMURF wrote:[quote:7d346c13b7=bigpoppy]Always felt like getting a nice camera and taking this up as a hobby[/quote:7d346c13b7] Why not, entry level dslr are quite well priced these days and a great way to start off.

you got me interested! might see if i can pick up a second hand

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:56 am

:)

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 am

A couple from my rig taken today

Mits
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Mits » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:20 am

My page here :) Facebook.com/statikphotography

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:31 am

Mits wrote:My page here :) Facebook.com/statikphotography

Nice, and liked.

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Finally finished the edit of my car.
taken in total darkness I think the mozzie bites were well worth it.

iBrettowski
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby iBrettowski » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:34 pm

My page is here www.facebook.com/ibrettowski.photography

I'm actually a bigger fan of time attack then drifting, although most people don't believe me. I often can't come to events due to I'm out doing photography somewhere, I don't often to photoshoot's but I do them on request or when I feel bored. Some of my images below =]

iBrettowski Photography

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:46 pm

^^^ Nice !!
Not my work however, A couple of weeks ago I met up with some people for a
night photo shoot of my X here are some of the pics that turned out,
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

VRX_SMURF
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRX_SMURF » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:37 am

iBrettowski wrote:My page is here www.facebook.com/ibrettowski.photography Im actually a bigger fan of time attack then drifting, although most people dont believe me. I often cant come to events due to Im out doing photography somewhere, I dont often to photoshoots but I do them on request or when I feel bored. Some of my images below =]

Checked and like you page mate, nice work. What lens you using for the distant action shoots?
I'm more into location shoots, we'll that what I have been doing of late.
Here my page if you time to check it out. www.facebook.com/tasdynamicimages :D

iBrettowski
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby iBrettowski » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:01 am

VRX_SMURF wrote: Checked and like you page mate, nice work. What lens you using for the distant action shoots? Im more into location shoots, well that what I have been doing of late. Here my page if you time to check it out. www.facebook.com/tasdynamicimages :D

it various, for big events like world time attack, I rent out a 300mm 2.8(hopefully this year I can stop renting and actually buy one) every photo in my post above expect the tenko shoot and the last photo is all with 300mm but the last photo and for normal drifting events i use 70-200 2.8 IS II.
iBrettowski Photography

anghel132
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anghel132 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 am

Sup.

Did some photos a while back. Setup a thread for it but unfortunately haven't been able to get around to things lately.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14409&highlight=

Return to “Image Gallery”