***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

DEFINITELY can't see this tech being abused... :P

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

DEFINITELY can't see this tech being abused... :P

Postby anzac_77 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:31 pm

http://brisbanetimes.drive.com.au/motor ... 1misl.html

He's definitely not the first person to come up with the idea, not quite sure though whether it would do more harm than good...

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

A vast amount of people who get tailgated do deserve it. Sitting in the right hand lane UNDER the speed limit. This would distract drivers and potentially blind them, making it dangerous.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm

What I hate the most is when they blow their horn at you or the bad stare you get from them when they pass you... WHEN ALL YOU WERE DOING WAS DRIVING ON THE SPEED LIMIT!! They are the ones who wanted to do something wrong.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 pm

I constantly find myself just wanting a display that says 'the speed limit is: XX'.

Although I'd like a 'turn off your high beams' option as well.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Hell yeah - think about this daily especially for the loser drive by's :p
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

FFEEkY
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby FFEEkY » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 pm

If you are being tail gated, you are most likely in the right hand lane on the highway, and regardless of what speed you are doing, you must 'keep left unless overtaking'. Matching the speed of the cars in the left lanes does not count as overtaking, and funnily enough in QLD, the fine for 'Fail to keep left without overtaking" is higher than "Exceed speed limit by less than 13km/h" lol
Warning! Mouth often in gear well before brain!

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Not talking about highways.. talking about driving around suburbs and city streets especially at nights.

Cause that's where "kissing the bumper" driving happens.. not on the highways.. not a lot of people have the balls (and skills) to do that.

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 am

roffs at all the people who trust their speedos.

99% chance you actually doing 95 not 100km/h.

anyway, i'd mount one on the front, so i could respond to your "the speed limit is XXX" with "get your speedo re-calibrated"

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 am

Dire wrote: Although Id like a turn off your high beams option as well.

+1

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 am

Definitely nothing wrong with following the speedo and definitely nothing wrong with driving slightly under the speed limit following the speedo.. but if somebody gets tailgated because of a "5km/h" difference.. that's rage issues right there.

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 am

It ocurred to me a while ago that it is unfortunate there are plenty of ways to communicate to other drivers when they do something to you (eg tailgate, cut off, whatever) there's no hand signal to apologise if you accidentally do it to them... no use waving cuz some would see that as condescending...

13EZY
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby 13EZY » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 am

i'd get:
'indicators are already on your car, feel free to use them :)'

gotta have the smiley face
"That's page 1, chapter 1 of the petrosexual handbook"
(Lord Clarkson - Series 17 Episode 1)
Ride Of The Month June 2011

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am

Quixand wrote:Definitely nothing wrong with following the speedo and definitely nothing wrong with driving slightly under the speed limit following the speedo.. but if somebody gets tailgated because of a 5km/h difference.. thats rage issues right there.

Well if your speedo is off (like most cars typically are) and you're going below the speed limit then that's a bigger difference than you think. 5km/h from speedo, 5km/h from driving slow, that's 50km/h in a 60km/h zone. That's 17% below the posted limit.

My question is why do people feel the need to drive slower than the speed limit? IMO if people are not confident driving at the posted speed limit (which is typically underated for safety) they shouldn't be driving at all.

Oh how I hate the guys who drive in the right hand lane at the same speed as the left and block everyone off.

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:12 am

Nuliaj wrote:[quote:092e9467c4=Quixand]Definitely nothing wrong with following the speedo and definitely nothing wrong with driving slightly under the speed limit following the speedo.. but if somebody gets tailgated because of a 5km/h difference.. thats rage issues right there.[/quote:092e9467c4] Well if your speedo is off (like most cars typically are) and youre going below the speed limit then thats a bigger difference than you think. 5km/h from speedo, 5km/h from driving slow, thats 50km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thats 17% below the posted limit. My question is why do people feel the need to drive slower than the speed limit? IMO if people are not confident driving at the posted speed limit (which is typically underated for safety) they shouldnt be driving at all. Oh how I hate the guys who drive in the right hand lane at the same speed as the left and block everyone off.

You hit the nail on the head right there. :D

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Right with you there Julian.. but as I mentioned based on the example mentioned by Dave.. definitely nothing wrong if people follow their speedo.. calibrated correctly or not, I'm talking about the principle involved.. following the speedo, regardless of any factors (such as absence of cameras, sat nav reading, gut feeling, the knowledge that spped limits are set up as underated for safety etc etc etc) is the right thing to do.. Intentionally driving below the speed limit is another thing entirely, I've personally followed a few cars that makes me feel like I like to nudge them from behind but there will always be an opening coming up, everybody just has to show a little restraint...

Just saying nothing wrong with following your speedo and that does not at all degrades your level of confidence on the road.. you're simply doing the right thing based on the information in front of you... cause to be honest a big percentage of motorists don't know what speedo calibration is.. all they know is that this is my speedo, it says this, i will follow it.

Unfortnately, the right lane drivers... nothing we can do about that.. there will always be somebody like that everytime you go on the highway unfortunately.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”