***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Creaking suspension

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 am

I still need to fix mine but as said above not sure if warranty will cover it as I have after market springs but I also have blown front shocks so the noise is worse!

mamaman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mamaman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:52 am

It same with my car .
My car is lancer year 2012
Thailand model.

But the noise from rear suspension.
The dealer still not know root cause and can not fix it .

Now i drive with feel annoyed

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuPJFtQPSY&feature=g-upl[/youtube][/youtube]

big_d
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby big_d » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 am

Regarding the question of "would it still be covered under warranty if your car has aftermarket springs?"

My advise would be to first try your local Mitsi Dealer to see if they can remedy the issue under warranty, but I would guess that because the issue (more than likely) started due to a third party dismantling and reinstalling the components incorrectly (and not due to the car being assembled incorrectly) they may dismiss the warranty claim.

Your only option then is to take your car back to whoever installed your springs and get them to fix the problem – tell them they caused it so they must fix it at no cost.

I would warn every owner who has this issue to get it fixed as quickly as possible. This is because the longer you leave it, the more damage is done to the thread on the Sway bar end links and if left to long (like mine) they need replacing.

So get it sorted ASAP, as the cause of the problem is only a loose nut.

simonbrownxw
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Creaking suspension

Postby simonbrownxw » Mon May 01, 2017 5:04 am

yes same problem and when I turn to I use to own mazda 91 626 15 years but the creaking noise was alot worse in that turned out to be the strut bearing two pieces of bloody plastic in between front spring & body mount. $24 that was after I replaced struts / springs :cry:

Bryan
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Bryan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Would this be the same for the CH lancer? I had this with my first CH 2006 lancer but now i got another one. A 2007 CH. This one is worse still. :( Can even hear it turning round corners lol

Sorry for the bump found this thread via google search.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Now I'm worried, don't remember hearing any suspension noise in my 2009 VRX CJ, I got it 2nd hand and it is stock as far as I know.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”