***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The ClubCJ iPhone Web App!

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Mattigins wrote:Ive tried their dev kit, it doesnt run so well on my computer for some reason.. takes about 30 minutes to start up

Well like I said an m-site option is going to be the easiest option and being that it requires no app to be installed and it's platform agnostic, it's the best path to take.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby craigeth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 pm

I wish you could choose wether you wanted to use the mobile version or not. I try to refrain from visiting the site on my iPhone just cause I feel like the mobile version is restrictive.

The main thing is the lack of being able to click links to other threads or whatever. Also when I get an email about a thread I'm watching, if I clink on the link it just goes to the "home" page of the app where you have to log in. Kind of annoying.
Twenty Three Frames - Photography and Video Production
www.twentythreeframes.com

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Get rid of the iPhone page, I'm sick of it, no wonder I hardly come one anymore
FIX IT!!!!
I want access to the normal site

OHH YEA!!!!

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:56 am

what problems are you having with it?? I don't mind the app although in chat it refreshes too much and can be a pain while typing.
If you want full access to the site download a app called atomic web, thru that you will be able to access the full site.

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:22 am

buy surefire iphone browser app $1.99... im sure there is a million of them but i use that one, it lets you see the normal site.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:13 am

AJjnr86 wrote:Get rid of the iPhone page, I'm sick of it, no wonder I hardly come one anymore
FIX IT!!!!
I want access to the normal site

Yes, let's do that, on the proviso you give me your mobile number, so I can post it up, so those inconvenienced by the lack of iPhone version can call you and moan about the removal of the iPhone version. Fair?

As per my response previously http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=223721#223721 and save me from repeating...
VRX_Pete wrote:I love the squeaky wheels in the world, they seem to get all the oil. Here you go.... got firefox? yes? install the plug-in called Phony and you can set your browser to emaulate a full desktop browser and those mobile cut down websites be gone for good! And you can disable Phony if you really want a m-site instead of the fully featured one. :) As for the all the rest, if I am in the committee after the next elections, I will want to work with matt to remediate the site, and putting in some code to allow people to at least choose if they want the cut donw m-site or the full blown version. Bigger plans are to document all the special mods and features and try and standardise it to enable a move to phpBB3 to give us more flexibility and features for the site....
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

StrkEagle
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby StrkEagle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 am

could possibly do what google mobile does... have a link to the classic full version?

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”