***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Suggestion Box

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Metalstrix wrote:[quote:4b1edf0a18=Leez]It would be great if we could have a notification system? Dont know how hard that is to code in though... Like you could get a notification when someone posts in a thread that you created or posted in. Would make it a lot easier to keep track of threads that you are having conversations in and reply faster too. Also would be great if we could tag specific members in posts like if we type in @Dire it would tag Dire in the post and he would get a notification.[/quote:4b1edf0a18] I use the email notifications to notify me of replies. I like it that way.

Ahhh see I hate email notifications :P Clogs up my inbox! I keep it for important stuff

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Turn clubcj into a App and if you ever get a message EG: Pm's or a comment on a tread you are watch make it pop up into a Number in the icon like this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oaJVSghCd9E/T ... lBadge.png

Is that Possible :)

Yes the email notifactions does fill the email up. But i like it cause i know when someone has written on something im watching and i can go and look or if they need help then they dont have to watch a day to get a reply. I love the email notifactions
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Possibly....we could have different categories for the ROTM. I see a pattern with the winners - evo...ralliart....evo...ralliart.
We could have a category for ralliarts/evos and then one for other variations of Lancers. This means that evos and ralliarts still get recognised for their mods etc, but also gives a chance to those who can't afford/choose not to buy evos/ralliarts, to show off their mods.
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 pm

belle_tb_ES wrote:Possibly....we could have different categories for the ROTM. I see a pattern with the winners - evo...ralliart....evo...ralliart. We could have a category for ralliarts/evos and then one for other variations of Lancers. This means that evos and ralliarts still get recognised for their mods etc, but also gives a chance to those who cant afford/choose not to buy evos/ralliarts, to show off their mods.
every now and again there are NA's in ROTM Just depends on the members who put there cars in :-)

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Every now and then....
You buy an evo...it already looks awesome (and so do all lancers..but an evo is an evo)..
You buy an NA Lancer and you work at building it up mod by mod...I just think its fairer to separate them into groups

I

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:03 pm

belle_tb_ES wrote:Every now and then.... You buy an evo...it already looks awesome (and so do all lancers..but an evo is an evo).. You buy an NA Lancer and you work at building it up mod by mod...I just think its fairer to separate them into groups
True that mate :-)

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeh...and especially younger members or even still the older members who only have part time jobs and put as much money away for mods as possible for them even if it takes a while....well it gives them a chance to show off their ride without worrying about having to compete against an evo lol

I

Tac89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tac89 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Theres not that many RA's and evos. Just the luck of the draw. You get more opportunities to enter.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:34 pm

There have been enough to warrant that suggestion :)
Meh..I expected to lose lol but at least I got to show other members what I have done to my baby so far....so I won't be entering again anytime soon.

I

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:54 am

Couple of ideas:
1. Sponsors that are on clubcj, i understand they have their own tab section. However i think we could get a bit more advertising space for sponsors rather than the top right hand corner only. Maybe another space could be after the last post of each topic. By giving them some more face time, we could get more buy-in form them when it comes to benefits for cj members. Do we have a way of tracking what business they get off advertising on this forum? Maybe once a quarter we could ask all the cj sponsors to advise us if they have specials on for us/everyone. We could have a dedicated Topic that is updated with these. Or we could ask the sponsor and get input from them

2. Signature images- Might upset a few people here lol. Why do we have them?. We already have a avatar that you can choose your image so we don’t need a signature image, do we?. The design of the forum is nice and clean and signature images make the posts as your reading them too busy with pictures and has a messy look. If these are purely aesthetic, can we restrict the signature image size to the same size as the avatar to give a uniform feel. Or we could remove them completely, as most of the ones I see are of members cars, we have a dedicated Garage section so I’m not sure why we need to have them. People could just put a link to their Garage rather than pictures.

Only newish to this forum, trying to give some honest objective feedback

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:21 pm

2. Signature images- Might upset a few people here lol. Why do we have them

I totally agree Byzon What is the point of pictures of your car etc? It turns a thread that should take up a page into three pages especially when you get two or three members having a chat via that thread Personally I would like to see them removed.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 am

@ Pete and Justin

Please get rid of the "You are searching to soon after your last search" or whatever it says. Is there a reason why that's there?
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Kendo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Kendo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 pm

But if someone really wanted to dos the site, wouldn't it be much easier for them to just hit a certain page with requests? Surely one person searching doesn't put much more strain on the database compared with standard load from concurrent users browsing?

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”