***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Suggestion Box

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 am

Forum upgrade to support iPhone for reading and posting

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun May 08, 2011 12:59 am

Prepare yourselves haha.

I know it does not simply happen because we want it to, nor do the right places necessarily exist, but I'd like to see more sponsors catering towards NA lancers.
(I don't know what kind of effort or history the club has with trying to secure new sponsors, so this is just an honest, uninformed suggestion).
I'd also like to see more premium member discounts in conjunction with this by sponsors, but again I realise it does not just happen because we want it to.

Disregarding the 'value of premium membership' issue, having more sponsors to buy from means that not every single member needs to go through the process of searching the internet for what they want, internally debating whether the company is trustworthy, or starting threads about any experiences with the company.

I won't be upset however if there is not much that can be done in this department.

I also think the forum needs a bit (understatement) of a clean. There are lots of stickies and announcements that are ancient. For example, the 'ClubCJ Member of the Month' forum section has not been posted in since last year. Either this should be started up again or discarded. Perhaps others wouldn't agree but I feel there are too many sections in general... Couldn't 'Vinyls & Graphics' be merged with 'Exterior'? I know the WA section is disorganised too. I'm not going to scour the forum for EVERYTHING I think needs de-stickying/announcing, merging, moving or removing but you get the idea.

A slight visual suggestion:
The tip bar should be extended slightly so it doesn't go to 2 lines, and the text should be justified so the lines are centred. While we're at it, why not add some more tips, like 'Be sure to check your area's forum section for upcoming events!' and any others we can come up with? If its going to be there we should make it as useful as possible after all.

The Image Uploader could do with some beautifying!

An endless recurring issue in all forums is people not using the search function as well, particularly newcomers. I can't remember how the account creation process goes, but perhaps a clear message along the lines of:
'Welcome to the club, please try and use the search function before asking questions'
should be displayed in a box upon logging in for the first time?
(It needs to be done in such a way that people don't just hit 'Ok' or close it without reading it).

Thats all for now! :P

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun May 08, 2011 1:06 am

Dire wrote:5.
An endless recurring issue in all forums is people not using the search function as well, particularly newcomers. I can't remember how the account creation process goes, but perhaps a clear message along the lines of:
'Welcome to the club, please try and use the search function before asking questions'
should be displayed in a box upon logging in for the first time?
(It needs to be done in such a way that people don't just hit 'Ok' or close it without reading it).

Thats all for now! :P

That being said, when posting a new thread, it does ask you to look at similar topics and I think that's a GREAT feature which should be used on other forums too!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Sun May 08, 2011 1:44 am

Access to the whole forum (Yes.. that includes the hidden forum.)

Make things premium exclusive! - Like:

- Personal Avatars
- Signatures
- color username etc.

Larger inbox and sent box

exclusive deals with sponsors for premium only

All the most helpful info and how to´s - Move it all into a premium only area
That will stop the people who just drift through the site and contribute nothing - will also give incentive to become premium.

A facebook like chat system - would put to use the pointless "add as friend" whats´mah´izzle everyone seems to have on their profiles - Premium only of course

Organized Events for premium members only - There needs to be some special treatment for premium members.. You gotta pay to play.

Thats all I can think of at this stage - More to come

Hope other premium members contribute to this thread!
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Sun May 08, 2011 6:42 am

JaCe wrote:Forum upgrade to support iPhone for reading and posting

+1

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Sun May 08, 2011 8:27 am

PsyTrix wrote:Organized Events for premium members only - There needs to be some special treatment for premium members.. You gotta pay to play.

I do agree with everything else you said bar this.

Personally I have seen a few people become a Premium Member as a result of going to meets. Plus the PM generally get a d/c on the food provided at the event :D.
Love that car!

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Sun May 08, 2011 3:09 pm

I know this doesn't relate to the website or improvements but I still haven't gotten my points yet after becoming premium?
I want to change my username colour!

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun May 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Alileighju wrote:I know this doesn't relate to the website or improvements but I still haven't gotten my points yet after becoming premium?
I want to change my username colour!

Ask one of the admin guys. I had the same thing happening but Ofey sorted it out through Mattigans.

For suggestions:

1. I think I agree with giving the forum a bit of a clean. Sometimes it seems very convoluted. I like the way www.whirlpool.net.au presents their forum and news, in a reasonably straightforward way. Maybe we can follow a layout similar to theirs.

2. Premium-only deals from sponsors would be awesome

3. Mobile-compatible website would be pretty good, although not worth it too much effort, time and money are involved.

AUSSIECJ
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AUSSIECJ » Sun May 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks for creating this thread matt

agree with alot of posts. premium only deals would be great, but would be good to adverise to general members so they can see whats going on and go oh that eg exhaust is heaps cheap. i wanna be a premium member so i can have that discount
I LOVE HATERS ;)
By aussiecj at 2010-09-20

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 am

My second post disappeared?

Basically I said, that even though premium membership would be more meaningful if more things were restricted from non-premiums, that I don't feel it would be a good idea.
The reason being that when I found this place I loved how much was freely available to me and it made me want to join up to become a true part of it all rather than a random.

Whenever I come across a website that tries to encourage me to give my money I move right on.

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 am

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the input so far. It's really affirming some of the thoughts we've got, though some of it will take a bit more effort (though we'll look into it).

On a similar note, I've started a thread on what makes ClubCJ different. We're looking at giving the club a bit more direction, so would really value your input. What defines ClubCJ?
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Just noticed that the Sponsors drop-down menu doesn't match the sponsors sub-sections. There are some (but not all) vendors in the Sponsors menu, and it also still contains RPW...

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon May 16, 2011 10:21 pm

I reckon an Option for the threads when people do a My Thread of there car there should be a Tables set up like Microsoft word has

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”