***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Suggestion Box

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:32 am

For my two bob's worth:

It would seem there's a bit of a 'decline' on at the moment with the number members dropping off, longtime members 'giving up' and a general decline in activity (chat has been pretty dead recently) etc.

There's still a lot of Lancers being sold and driven and non-club members I speak with love their cars just as much as we do, but are simply unaware of ClubCJ.

I've mentioned this before, but I really do believe we need to put up a .PDF with printable 'spotted' cards that any member can download and put under windscreen wipers. There are four Lancers that regularly use the car park at work, and none of them are sporting a CCJ sticker - a couple I've managed to speak to were unaware of the club's existence.

I just fail to see why it's only Premium members that have the right to the cards - non-premium members are no less enthusiastic and there'd be a far bigger opportunity to enrol new members and keep the Club active.

Cheers,
Z

P.S. - totally agree with the size limitation for signatures - some files being used are so big they massively slow the page load-ups and sometimes won't even render on the screen... if the avatars can be size-limited, I don't see why the signature photos can't be. [/rant]
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:35 am

Your right Zapho, but as it is atm even premium members aren't getting the cards.

Mits
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Mits » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:15 am

lantourismo wrote:Your right Zapho, but as it is atm even premium members arent getting the cards.

I think Martin is spot on, Why don't we make this change? Or at least look into making it happen.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:20 am

this is probably beside the point but spotter cards have never been restricted to premium members as far as i know,
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:48 am

Also just my 2cents but shouldn't this suggestion box be open to all members to make suggestions and not only premium members?
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:23 am

lantourismo wrote:Your right Zapho, but as it is atm even premium members arent getting the cards.

Tbh, there's not really anything you can do until Pete decides to get off his ass and maybe hand over the club to someone who will do a better job than he's doing... Tbh. More than anything, I feel sorry for the admins who have to try and keep this club together as much as possible,

More so, I feel sorry for those who are paying for premium memberships and not receiving the $5 Decal and 6 or 7 spotted cards.... Tbh, I feel it's a rip off when you can get a box of business cards for like $15?

Not only that, considering there's only myself and Court as active Tassie members, I feel even though there are 2 of us one of us should be appointed Tassie Rep... :S and maybe be given a little help to try and boost Tassie's population of members.

xD

/endofrant :D

But to be completely honest, in the last 12 months that I've been a member, this club is no where near as good as it used to be....
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Tiff in regards to state situation.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Tiff in regards to state situation.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 pm

With regards to spotted cards, all I know is that we have a supplier on the NSW Central Coast that prints these for us that was prearranged before I became Administrator, I can look into getting a PDF, but I'll need to have some more made up anyway, as I was given only a handful to put into member packs (Yes, I will be compiling a list and getting around to this shortly)

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:17 pm

^think i got a stack somewhere, grab them if ur coming to grab the headlight as well.
燒

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:48 pm

Good work Justin! If you need a hand just sing out I can help you with back log. So glad this has finally been sorted out!! I've personally given out and / or posted the cards and decals I had spare in interim.

I've bern a member over 3 years and sootted cards have been only for premium only in that time.

If members want to keep the club going, get actively involved, promote and recruit then I feel they should contribute financially. What CCJ asks for membership is less than other clubs I'm in.

I also wouldn't like to see us printing our own cards we need some sort of quality control to make a good first impression and come across professional, this can't be monitored by each printing own.

We had a thread or was it suggestion I'd received Justin? Can't remember off top of my head will have to look in my file, a task for tomorrow. It was for a competition to revamp logo and spotted cards.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:31 am

black_ice wrote:Also just my 2cents but shouldnt this suggestion box be open to all members to make suggestions and not only premium members?

Yes, I agree after reading previous pages so on that note I'll move it over to general.
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:56 am

I thought this thread was considered useless? :O
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”