***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

bye bye clutch :(

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

bye bye clutch :(

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm

hey guys car just got to 75k and the clutch is just about gone, yes i know warranty covers it but i just want to know if any one makes a heavy duty clutch? exedy make the OEM one and my local clutch centre said the evo HD clutch WONT fit so if there are any good brands that you guys know of it would be great

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

JesseVRX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JesseVRX » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:55 pm

if you got only 75,000kms out of your standard clutch on a non-performance 2 litre NA shopping trolley you need to learn to drive..............................

and warranty DOES NOT cover it. Read the service manual, clutch is a consumable item.

Aaron2550
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Aaron2550 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Just get the same again.

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Clutch Masters. They have stages 1 to 4 for the lancer. Choose what u need.

Weight loss, tuning

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

yea clutch aint covered under warranty..... dont no a maker that dose cover it.....
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 pm

lol adrian.
Last edited by sleeper on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:28 pm

jesse you must be a comedian lol considering i used to race and drift i'm pretty sure i know how shift.. well that goes the idea of mitsu replacing it then aye
and yer its not standard by any means, it holds pretty well against my mates ralliart

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:48 pm

driftnut(( wrote:jesse you must be a comedian lol considering i used to race and drift i'm pretty sure i know how shift.. well that goes the idea of mitsu replacing it then aye
and yer its not standard by any means, it holds pretty well against my mates ralliart

racing illegally doesn't mean you can drive. and being a P plater you couldn't of been doing it for very long....
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:35 pm

wow, who said it was done illegaly? last time i checked it was on the track and yer i was doin it on P's i still do it now mate

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 pm

driftnut(( wrote:wow, who said it was done illegaly? last time i checked it was on the track and yer i was doin it on P's i still do it now mate

so you have been driving for what 3years? and your saying your a pro shifter?

and i can bet allot of it was done illegally...

specially seeing as you said its holds its own again your mates ralliart... (doubt it unless your mates ralliart is missing a wheel)

and last time i checked a track meet, don't let you race from the start against 2 cars unless it was a drag race and then the ralliart even stock would kick your cars ass. unless you have turboed your own car.

if you have done drag races then that's where your bad shifting has killed your clutch.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 am

typical blake has to assume everything, the lancer has seen the track a couple of times and i never said i was pro i said i know how to shift and yes the lancer does keep up with the RA pretty well too, and no it was never done on the street i've lost mates due to street racing/drifting im not dumb enough to do it, last time i looked the RA had four wheels plus the spare lol, i know you always feel the need to put your two cents in mate but i was asking for advice on a new clutch not what u think about my driving

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:44 pm

driftnut(( wrote:typical blake has to assume everything... i know you always feel the need to put your two cents in mate

too true, constantly seeing s*** going down courtesy of his comments.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”