***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The Negativity of Evo/Ralliart Owners.

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:46 pm

I think I tend to judge drivers more so by their driving, not by the appearance of their car (as stupid as that sounds). I can pull up next to a modded lancer (i drive a stock standard 09' RA - which i bought outright, booya!) and if he's been driving like a moron, i won't give him the time of day. Whilst at the same time i can see this heavily modded lancer or other car pull up, expecting them to be morons, when in fact they drive like an ordinary person and i'm absolutely more than happy to give them a wave or have a chat at the lights.

I think everybody has the right to modify their car in whichever way makes them enjoy the ownership of their car that little bit more. It's when people behave like idiots on the road that effects my view of them, whether their ride is modded or not.
All bleeding stops eventually!

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:13 pm

ijustatecurry wrote:I think I tend to judge drivers more so by their driving, not by the appearance of their car (as stupid as that sounds). I can pull up next to a modded lancer (i drive a stock standard 09' RA - which i bought outright, booya!) and if he's been driving like a moron, i won't give him the time of day. Whilst at the same time i can see this heavily modded lancer or other car pull up, expecting them to be morons, when in fact they drive like an ordinary person and i'm absolutely more than happy to give them a wave or have a chat at the lights.

I think everybody has the right to modify their car in whichever way makes them enjoy the ownership of their car that little bit more. It's when people behave like idiots on the road that effects my view of them, whether their ride is modded or not.

That's about it for me too - like to look (sometimes with just a ting of envy) at a nice car, but if it's driven by a tool it just ruins the look and gives all nice modded/well kept/tarted up car drivers a bad name
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Actions speak louder than appearance or wealth.

I judge on their driving but if someone cuts me off or similar, I will induldge in any stereotypes they fit either mentally or to my passenger. It makes me feel better. :P

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Sorry ive been away, my car has been the last of my concerns lately and i remember making this post a few weeks back, some of you guys make really good and valid points.
I just wanted to stipulate how people have become recently, especially with evo's and stuff, because it was never like this.

If anyone is driving in the south east and they see a white RA (stock as a rock) dont be afraid to beep, you will get a thousand beeps in return!
-TEAM BRING IT!
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

jaysewah
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jaysewah » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Hey Chris, I mighta seen u today but not sure? Where bouts SE suburbs are you? Around Frankston/Mornington area?

thermos
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby thermos » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:32 am

Dire wrote:Actions speak louder than appearance or wealth.

I judge on their driving but if someone cuts me off or similar, I will induldge in any stereotypes they fit either mentally or to my passenger. It makes me feel better. :P

I feel the same way, however I don't know what stereotype I may have bought myself into!

In the just over 2 weeks of owning the Ralliart, I have had every man and his dog either floor it at the lights or determined to overtake and get in front of me. I drive fairly sedately and laugh it off, but is this common?!?

So far, Toyota Aurion drivers seem most keen to prove how great/fast their car is, followed by V6 Commodores/XR6's, whilst WRX drivers (only seen 2003+) seem to be rather normal. It will be interesting to see what reaction an Evo driver will give!

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:21 am

thermos wrote:

I feel the same way, however I don't know what stereotype I may have bought myself into!

In the just over 2 weeks of owning the Ralliart, I have had every man and his dog either floor it at the lights or determined to overtake and get in front of me. I drive fairly sedately and laugh it off, but is this common?!?

So far, Toyota Aurion drivers seem most keen to prove how great/fast their car is, followed by V6 Commodores/XR6's, whilst WRX drivers (only seen 2003+) seem to be rather normal. It will be interesting to see what reaction an Evo driver will give!

i get this all the time! some p plater in a ss ute trying to cut me then floor it after then do it again and again or i get this trd aurion taking off on me in the traffic light. you get different cars try to race you but they all get the same reaction. NOTHING. ill drive as normal as i could but deep inside me wants to smoke em! LoL but yea racing them will just lower my standards on being a hoon.

thermos
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby thermos » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Well I'm glad in some way, it is not just me!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 pm

thermos wrote:

That's why I debadged the Evo very quickly. No longer did I have to deal with that problem.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:32 pm

lancerRA wrote:most evo owner just think there right and there is no question about it

That's just unfair generalizing don't you think? :?
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 pm

It's difficult to say if people are taking this thread seriously since all it is doing is stir up stereotypes/generalisations.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Come to think of it.. The evo owner could care less. Seems to me it's other people who have a problem/feel threatened - feel they have to show their better so to speak. worst ones I've encountered are SUVs and family sedans

At the end of the day they wouldn't have a chance in hell if I was to gun it - yet if it makes them feel better being stupid in traffic just to get/be ahead of me then so be it. Pretty pathetic really..

Evo owners arnt negative - I didint know it was my duty to smile and wave at every single person that looks.. Just as I don't expect everyone with a lamborghini to spark a convo with me at the lights. It's just a car at the end of the day.. Who cares.

Be happy with the car your with and keep your eyes on the road :)
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun May 01, 2011 2:10 am

lancerRA wrote:most evo owner just think there right and there is no question about it

you said you were planning on getting an evo , if you do , does that make you the same aswell?

Naive.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun May 01, 2011 8:42 am

PsyTrix wrote:Come to think of it.. The evo owner could care less. Seems to me it's other people who have a problem/feel threatened - feel they have to show their better so to speak. worst ones I've encountered are SUVs and family sedans

At the end of the day they wouldn't have a chance in hell if I was to gun it - yet if it makes them feel better being stupid in traffic just to get/be ahead of me then so be it. Pretty pathetic really..

Evo owners arnt negative - I didint know it was my duty to smile and wave at every single person that looks.. Just as I don't expect everyone with a lamborghini to spark a convo with me at the lights. It's just a car at the end of the day.. Who cares.

Be happy with the car your with and keep your eyes on the road :)

Finally..... someone said it!

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”