***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thank you to Club CJ from RPW

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRXCESS
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRXCESS » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi there,

Just got back from my overseas travels and was shocked to read this statement about RPW.

I was thinking of upgrading the original 4B12 flash I received last year to the most current version offered by RPW. What is the situation with doing so now?
Ofey are you still authorised by RPW to handle the tunes for Victoria?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm

@ VRXCESS: I have no clue really. Sure I can help you flash your car. If david still wants to send your ROMs through me, hey I'm more than willing to flash your car.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

VRXCESS
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRXCESS » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks Ofey, as usual you are prompt, efficient and exceptionally helpful. A true credit and asset to Club CJ.

I'll follow up with David directly.

bernardo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bernardo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:48 pm

All the best RPW. Thanks for the ecu tune last year.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:13 pm

ofey wrote:Even with RPW on board as a "sponsor", we've not seen the number of premium members in WA grow, which suggests little to support your theory of needing a WA business to help grow the club there.

I don't believe this is correct. I joined after RPW was here, and so have others. Before christmas we were more active than ever.
And what about non-premium members? We have a few new non-premiums, but unless they want to sell something, people in WA don't have any reason to actually become a premium member...

If you want more members, give them reason to join, that is what I'm saying.

I'll point out I wasn't saying dismissing RPW is a mistake, as the committee obviously has their reasons.

It was however a shock, as I was saying previously, we have no sponsors catering in a variety of ways towards NA lancers.
We now have 2 catering for evos and another catering towards track-orientated mods, but what about everybody else who just wants some small live-able mods for their NA? Of course they can go elsewhere but I thought the club should be acquiring a sponsor relevant to the majority of their member's needs? Rather than just the member's with the deepest pockets.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm

I don't believe this is correct. I joined after RPW was here, and so have others. Before christmas we were more active than ever.
And what about non-premium members? We have a few new non-premiums, but unless they want to sell something, people in WA don't have any reason to actually become a premium member...

If you want more members, give them reason to join, that is what I'm saying.

RPW has been here for over 2 years.
So with your newly presented theory, WA only have premium members who join up if they want to sell something, what difference would RPW make for the equation?

Sure we'll give members a reason to join. We're working on that.
At the moment it seems that there's little difference between Premium and non premium.
The only clear difference is the decal we have on the car.

You've asked for alot for non-premiums. I remember our discussion during the elections, you asked for non-premiums to be given a vote as well.

So clearly, there's no reason for anyone to be premium. We will be looking to address this in due course. I just hope Non-premiums like yourself will see the value in joining and not ask again for more benefits to be given to non-premium. At that rate, each time the comm brings about a benefit for being premium, it just gets balanced out by giving the 'benefit' to non-premiums. So clearly we're not attempting to segregate but hoping that whatever we add, adds benefit in attracting people to join up.

Dire wrote:I'll point out I wasn't saying dismissing RPW is a mistake, as the committee obviously has their reasons.

We didn't discuss the underlying reasons and we will maintain that it was a thought through.

Dire wrote:It was however a shock, as I was saying previously, we have no sponsors catering in a variety of ways towards NA lancers. We now have 2 catering for evos and another catering towards track-orientated mods, but what about everybody else who just wants some small live-able mods for their NA? Of course they can go elsewhere but I thought the club should be acquiring a sponsor relevant to the majority of their member's needs? Rather than just the member's with the deepest pockets.

I think you will find that most of the other sponsors on the club will cater parts across the spectrum of products for the NA Lancer. I will not trumpet the cause of either. Regardless of whether RPW is on this forum, you do not purchase through a PM. You will have to do so on their website. That doesn't change.

We're not looking to start any speculation about the reasons and the club has kept silent as I pointed out we have to be very careful in our discussions as it involves a public company with a reputation and business standing.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Jake your argument has no basis to be frank.... Did you specifically join CCJ because RPW was there? Have you even purchased any products from them? I dont think so. So how does your argument make sense that its the fact that RPW was the reason for many perth members joining? Recently there have been an inflow of WA members signing up for premium membership and i dont think RPW's prescence influenced that.... Yes RPW has provided us a basis for moddin our NA lancers but they are not banned or disappearing from the face of the earth. I dont put a knife to member's throats to join as premium (not literally obviously) but let them do so by themselves from seeing the information and help CCJ provides them in modding their cars etc.... It has worked recently several have joined without me initiating them to do so. This departure of RPW is a sad thing but please dont stoke the fire Jake as that is what it looks like you are doing. However I do appreciate that you understand the committee's decision in going forward with this action and not questioning and nitpicking at it. Also Jake I dont mean to publicly humiliate you, I just want t set the record straight in the open and also for others in the club to see and not miscontrue anything. Your post also initiated me to make this post so for that thanks as well.....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 pm

This will always be a touchy subject. People that may not understand the reasoning behind it all are going to ask questions whether you like it or not. You dropped a pretty big sponsor with a reasoning that for legal complications cant be put out. It makes neither company coming out smelling like roses as it eludes to the fact something not right was going on...

You have your own committee to blame for other CCJ users asking questions as the PR statement put our by your own guys eludes to dodgy shit going on. Your statement is below:

"Public announcement regarding CCJ's dissasociation from RPW

The committee has made the decision to remove RPW from the list of club Sponsors. The decision was not taken lightly and had involved much discussion centering on RPW's contribution to the club's growth and also on the needs of RPW's business model.

The discussions have concluded that many of RPWs offerings do not integrate well with CCJ's membership. RPW has already pointed out poor sales where the translation of EOIs do not result in reciprocative sales numbers. Other factors which lead to this decision as pointed out by ofey should be kept private due to the sensitive nature of the club's relationship with RPW. Legalities may make comments on our forum detrimental both to RPW's business standing and the club's position within the online community which may in turn prevent new sponsors from wishing to join us in future. The committee has chosen to disconnect from RPW in a non-discriminatory, straightforward and non-confrontational manner which ensures a good relationship remains between both RPW and this club.

Negative comments regarding CCJ's dissasociation with RPW are unwarranted. It is important to reiterate at this point that RPW will continue offering products for the NA Lancers. The club will neither encourage NOR discourage members who wish to continue dealing with RPW. As with the rest of the products retailed by RPW, the news of good products produced by RPW will still see reviews actively being promoted on this forum by members who have purchased them.

It should be noted that neither RPW nor David are not banned from these forums and we believe David will still be on this forum as a defacto member. However, he may choose no longer to check his PMs to respond to sales queries but is fully still able to conduct his business via the PM system if need be.

We wish RPW and David well in RPW's business and look forward to the future hoping that we may collaborate once again somewhere down the track if possible

ClubCJ Committee"

You dont want to limit your chances of gaining new sponsors or lose existing ones yet you put out a statement like that?? And now your own members questioning why you dropped RPW?? There is way too much info in that statement that generates questions; which your own guys seemingly dont want people asking questions. Too late. People are asking questions because your guys put out a statement that has info in it that should never have been made public.

You should have made your PR statement as short and as simple as possible. Something like below:

"Unfortunately due to the current market conditions in Australia, RPW and CCJ will be parting ways. We offer thanks to RPW in involving CCJ with development of CJ Lancer performance products locally in Australia and wish the best of luck for RPW in the future.

For anyone that wishes to purchase RPW products please visit their site below.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php"

Something like that is short and sweet, does not lead on that other things were going on and it is something that everyone can understand. Your guys are at fault for putting out a statement that generates way too many sensitive questions and now your guys are trying to back peddle their way out of answering them. It is your own fault and maybe you will think twice before putting out PR statements like that in future.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks Tim I am sure the committee including myself will take your comments on board.

For those who want more clarity maybe PM or talk to a member on the committee rather then post publically on the forum.

I am happy to talk to any member who has an issue on any decision the committee make. Feel free to get in contact any time.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I thank tjoz for his contribution to this thread.
At least there was sense to be seen in his perspective.

Though respectfully, I do not agree that we've done any back peddling at all on our position.

We chose from the beginning when we made our announcement not to discuss in detail our reasons for the decision. In the face of many probes from many members, the committee has retained its position of not discussing publicly the reasons for our dissociation. We have pointed out that legalities is amongst a number of reasons which would prevent us from doing so. Not the primary one but it is the most significant to take note of before we think of spelling things out.

In response to how other sponsors on the club would look upon this. I do believe many will realise that regardless of our collaboration, we only give thanks and we move on. This shows that the club practices the necessary professionalism and displays the necessary respect of business positions. There are always 2 sides to every story. We have chosen the positive side and respect people's position on this forum.

I do not think your statement would have invited less questions. We chose a sufficient amount of supporting statements to show that RPW's dissociation was made with necessary consideration. We chose not to highlight a fictitious reason but decided to state factually our position. We thanked them for their contributions though we did leave out the necessary wishing of luck. For this oversight, we are truly sorry.

We will be sure to make a shorter and sweeter statement in future. I hope in that case, there will be less unnecessary speculation. This, I suspect will set the precedence.

The purpose of this thread is now leaving its originally intention.
RPW had intended to use it as a departing thanks.

Please keep to the original purpose and thank RPW for their contributions.
Perhaps everyone who has had a RPW mod can share their thanks here and show just how much RPW has helped them develop their car to the fullest of its potential!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 am

Ok let me clarify my standing/other stuff:

Never did I say RPW not being a "sponsor" was the centre of my argument. And never did I say it was a mistake to let them go (as I said, the committee has reasons, and I know those reasons. I'll elaborate later in my post). I trust you noticed the quotation marks in that sentence.

The focus of what I've been saying is *what fills the gap for NA-related sponsors in the club (not necessarily a gap left by RPW, just a gap in general, although it is slightly bigger now) and what does WA have to encourage premium membership?*.

I was beating a dead horse it seems; about WA having no benefits to being premium besides selling rights. By that I mean: I have brought it up before, and for being annoying, repetitive and argumentative I apologise, but nothing has been done about it. I am not attempting to stir, I am attempting to have what I consider a major emptiness in the value of premium membership, especially for WA members, addressed.
Many other people in WA also share the opinion that we're isolated in the club not just by distance but by benefits. That is truth, not me getting excited and making stuff up. I would say MOST WA members that have been around a while share that thought, but that is not a statement I can really back up, so I won't say it like its truth.

Rahul has said there have been new premium members (sorry for not specifically addressing more of your post mate, I did read it), I also said there has been new premium members in a previous post; despite you saying there HASN'T BEEN ANY INCREASE IN TWO YEARS? Where did you get that from ofey?

Also, I DID NOT EVER say non-premiums should get votes in the elections, nor did I feel it. I DID suggest an idea that maybe all premiums (rather than just WA premiums) should have had a vote for WA's mods, as we don't have that many premiums, and I thought the votes might end up tied/indecisively close (that proved unnecessary). Perhaps that is what you're incorrectly recalling.

I don't really appreciate that people seem to try to undermine the value of what I say, rather than address my points more fully.

Again, I am trying to put forward my concerns, not be a sh*t stirrer.
--

I have explained myself as best I can now, and as I said, I've had my concerns addressed for now while I await to see what is done in the near future.
I don't wish to say any more as I've said all I want to, but if people want to respond constructively to me perhaps there is better places to do it? I don't know.
I do think this isn't the thread for this conversation, and I'm sorry for that as well, but theres nowhere else to have it in public, beyond starting my own 'Lets all get angry at Dire' thread.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 am

Alright guys I think enough has been said on this thread thats solely for RPW well wishing and not pointing the finger at people and a witch hunt.... Please direct all queries on this topic via PM to me or any of the other senior mods or admins. Thank You.

~LancerVR~

Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

13EZY
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby 13EZY » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 am

well i for one thank RPW for
RA air intake
Stage 1 tune (only had it for a week, but very impressed)
and soon to be delivered and installed crank pulley.
Thanks and good luck!!! :)
"That's page 1, chapter 1 of the petrosexual handbook"
(Lord Clarkson - Series 17 Episode 1)
Ride Of The Month June 2011

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”