***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thank you to Club CJ from RPW

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mitsiman
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Thank you to Club CJ from RPW

Postby Mitsiman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:27 am

Unfortunatly got notice today that the ClubCJ commitee has decided to not renew our sponseerhip for the upcoming year.

Would like to say thank you to all those that supported RPW over the past few years.

It was disapointing not to get the sales and results we would like to have seen, but the club has gone a very different way to other forums in the way they represent there members which has not been conductive with businesses like ourselves.

Let me clarify, this is not a complaint or criticism and we hold no ill will towards clubcj or its members.

We just wanted to say thank you to the members and give an explanation as to why our section will be removed as well as why we will no longer be posting updates or responding back to PMs etc from the forum.

Good luck with your future ClubCJ I am sure you will continue to grow and do well.

David Thomas
RPW Service Centre
For urgent replies to PM's contact via phone

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 am

Whaaaaaat? I would have thought you guys were about the most useful supplier/sponsor we had?
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:11 pm

WTF, this is crap, with out you guys we wouldnt have the the tune,headers,K&N etc... yer good choice commitee.. pfft

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:14 pm

driftnut(( wrote:WTF, this is crap, with out you guys we wouldnt have the the tune,headers,K&N etc... yer good choice commitee.. pfft

I'm sure RPW will still be happy to service your needs if you decide to purchase off their website. :) This decision doesn't stop you from doing so.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 pm

driftnut(( wrote:WTF, this is crap, with out you guys we wouldnt have the the tune,headers,K&N etc... yer good choice commitee.. pfft

Ben how many of these products have you bought from RPW?

There are none showing in your garage.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Genuine question, would the stage 1 tune be still available?
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 pm

luffy4688 wrote:Genuine question, would the stage 1 tune be still available?

I'm sure RPW will still be happy to service your needs if you decide to purchase off their website. :) This decision doesn't stop you from doing so.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm

aspir3 wrote:

Ben how many of these products have you bought from RPW?

There are none showing in your garage.

juat because it's not in the garage doesnt mean i dont have them, am i not entitled to my opinion??? just thought they were a really great asset to the club and without them being here alot of us wouldnt have know about them thats all geez

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm

sad to see you guys go but you guys have been great for ccj and it's members as what vrx pete and troy said you still can buy from the website it doesnt stop anyone i am just typing this becuase i know how happy the members are with there rpw tunes hearing from them even though i havent bought any as i am still working my way to getting this done

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:11 pm

What?? Can we still contact you via MCA and email? Ive had lots of help from RPW over the year and sad to see you go. I will keep using RPW products, every performance part Ive got comes from RPW... I still want to continue with the projects discussed with you as a show of thanks

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 pm

I would think an explanation from the committee is in order ?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 pm

I think alot of people have overplayed this.

RPW have not been banned and neither have we terminated nor discouraged anyone's business with them. Should you still want to buy the stage 1 tune from RPW, I'm sure David will still be more than happy to do your business and many of you will know how to contact him. No doubt the tunes will be discussed since many people think highly of them, so no fear in newbies not discovering them. Eventually and perhaps most importantly, Mitch will still be able to buy a copy of the tune for his car and experience it for himself.

David will still be here as a defacto member of this club. I'm sure if he's around, you can PM him and discuss his products via the messaging service. Nothing in this decision will change that.

The committee will release a joint statement pertaining to our dissociation from RPW in due course. In the meantime, I would urge all of you not to speculate as it does neither party any good and may end up as a He said, she said. I would like to assure all members that as pointed out by David himself, both RPW and CCJ have parted on good terms. There's been NOTHING to indicate anything other than that.

For the VIC members who had their tunes handled by myself, feel free to PM me for a copy of your ROMs (stock and RPW) should you need them. For those in other states, both David or myself will be able to aid with file recovery if need be.

WTR wrote:I would think an explanation from the committee is in order ?

We're talking about a business "sponsor" here and sensibly these discussions within the committee have had to consider the impact a decision such as this makes not only on the "sponsor" but also on the club's standing. Openly discussing this with an entire membership base will only lead to a "he said, she said" scenario.

As I've pointed out above, the decision was made with strong consideration to both RPW's business and the membership's reaction. I assure all members that the committee has conducted this with genuine consideration to the RPW brand and Club CJ's ethos.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 am

If a decision has been made why can't a committee statement be made immediately?

I find this strange, but I'm guessing theres reasons which I'll like to read when stated.

The only business I had with RPW was the flash tune, but thats more due to money and my choice of mods.

My main confusion with this decision is that theres no other sponsors (anymore) that provide a range of products for NA lancers. Everybody has to buy from random places for the majority of their mods (especially extremely common mods like springs). Considering the majority of the club is NA lancer's I find it odd the club is dropping the only sponsor we have that largely caters for the NA's.

I'll acknowledge the fact RPW is in Perth has probably been a major disadvantage for their club-related business, and that Perth members aren't very mod-mad. But now things are the other way around; instead of everyone being far from RPW in Perth, Perth is now far from all sponsors and continues to be disadvantaged in many ways. Yes, thats not really the club's fault, but what do we have with club-connections here in Perth now? (I'm not forgetting we can of course still go to RPW. But people will always prefer to do business with club affiliates.). It'll likely be even more difficult to get new active members in WA now, as some people will see we don't have a Perth-based club-associated workshop/shop, so there'll be less reason to join the club.

I'm not complaining, I just find it odd Perth no longer has any club-affiliates, and the club no longer has a major NA part supplier, whether much business was had by RPW or not.

I also thought anybody could be a sponsor provided they provide a service and pay whatever sponsors pay? I find it odd the club appears to be dropping a sponsor rather than them leaving voluntarily.

I'm not stirring, and normally I'd wait to hear the official club statement, but I'd like my points to be addressed if possible.

And of course, David, thank you for the business you've provided and the effort you've put in and the sacrifices you've made (I've often got the feeling you've been let down by the club many times, with people sounding enthusiastic about new products and then not buying them when they become available). Hopefully people don't forget about RPW and continue to purchase from you. :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:01 am

Let's answer a few of WTR's queries:

1. A decision has been made and factors considered as pointed out earlier. Part of the reason, little has been said is that we have to consider RPW's business standing.

ofey wrote:"We're talking about a business "sponsor" here and sensibly these discussions within the committee have had to consider the impact a decision such as this makes not only on the "sponsor" but also on the club's standing. Openly discussing this with an entire membership base will only lead to a "he said, she said" scenario. "

We the committee have chosen to respect RPW's position and NOT to release an open statement of the detailed reasons behind our decision.

The availability of parts for NA Lancers are catered for extensively across the country. Sure RPW caters for a large range of these but this decision doesn't necessarily mean you can't buy from them now, just that you may not see them on the site. Do bear in mind the last 2 group buys off RPW still requires you to go straight to their site to place an order. So nothing changes in that aspect.

I doubt RPW's market share is only purely based on CJ parts sales. Sure it's one aspect of RPW's business but surely David is popular on many other forums and has a LARGE following. The decision does NOT in any way prevent CJers from choosing to go to David for any parts and certainly won't affect the pricing he's given us in the past. Especially with the membership's trumpeted support of RPW, I'm sure RPW will make sure all of you who have championed your support will enable David to give you a discount on future purchases.

I wouldn't say RPW is focused on NAs but more so on Mitsubishi's. regardless of their involvement here, they will continue to develop products and support for NA or Turbo Lancers.

Even with RPW on board as a "sponsor", we've not seen the number of premium members in WA grow, which suggests little to support your theory of needing a WA business to help grow the club there.

I have to point out that it is not true that whichever sponsor who is willing to pay will be put on the forum. Case in point is JustJDM and just to point out NOT all the sponsors on the list have actually paid.

Truly if you want to deal with RPW or advocate RPW's products on the forum, please feel free to champion them through your signature files and also on the open chat. You're welcomed also to do reviews on them in the appropriate sections of the forum.

I do not expect the committee's statement to be a free for all in terms of reasons for our dissociation but I hope members realise that it was made with true consideration for the RPW brand name and the ClubCJ ethos. It is not possible to completely spell things out since legal mechanisms could be put into play and I doubt RPW nor ourselves as a club would like to go down that path.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”