***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

An Open Letter

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

An Open Letter

Postby ofey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Dear CCJ,

As many of you may know, I was involved in the Mrs Macs Crusty Challenge this last weekend. An endeavor which required me to sit/sleep in front of a webcam for close to 2 days for a chance at winning A$10,000 while perfoming a number of challenges which were designed to make me embarrass me. Well I didn't win it but made the Top 10 before getting booted out with 9 left. I couldn't do it without the support of this club and various people who went out of their way for me. I was really chuffed as one one of my Australian friends described me being the last "Chinese 4-eyed toad left" i.e. No one else in the top 10 was wearing glasses(real ones I mean) and no one else was of asian decent and he commented that my stirling rendition of Advance Australia Fair would put many real Australians to shame.

My bro hansmitchel, tadz0rz, Mumz0rz, bd-850, aspired, aspir3 and many others who kept me awake and sent encouraging words through the thread, woke me up and kept me going thoughout the 2 days+ I was involved. To all of you I say thank you! You were all my family in those 3 days and I'm humbled by your words of encouragement and support.

On the flip side, the pictures of my webcam broadcast were abused. I've gotten 2 very disturbing anonymous emails using a public server with the pictures attached calling me very abusive and derogatory names. I allowed ben to put up those pictures in good faith but the abuse has made me question if I want to share things like that again. It's all abit of fun and I take this ribbing as good as I give it but I'm not happy when it becomes abusive. I have an idea of a couple of people who might have done this.
Furthermore during the challenge, my account and those of some other contestants were also hacked which disconnected me during a challenge. It threw me off abit and I was eliminated in the very next challenge. I lost access to my gmail as well following my elimination this morning for about 4 hrs which had a passwd change requested from Australia apparently and that locked me out.

But enough of the Mrs Macs affair. It's over and we move on.

The other thing I want to talk about is Group Buys. There is at this point 4 group buys running concurrently. As your Chief Buyer, I am handling this as best as I can. The Russian one is pretty hard because we've never bought anything from them and the parts are too varied to make it easy. there've also been so many "mind changes" and there are also a number of noobies who have just come on and not read up on the whole group buy process and just demanded I take their orders. Now, I've also come off a very taxing weekend as mentioned before and I would appreciate it if you give me time to sort through them. I don't know how many of you get PMs everyday. I get close to 10 each day and sometimes some of these PMs aren't even thought through. The posters expect me to find information for them and present it on a platter. Look my PM threads are VERY easy to read. The people abuse it by not spending time reading nor bothering to search. That you cannot blame me for. Spend time reading and don't send one pm asking me if I'm taking orders then send the orders in the next one then send another asking when the GB closes then NOT order till 1 day before the closing date then ask me again for my bank details for a 2nd time. This is NOT my full time job.

I cannot please everyone but everyone can be considerate, courteous and patient. I make little or nothing in these group buys and that is fact. I just am your trusted point where your money is safe and for this I hope you will give me your trust and patience to handle it. Over A$50,000 of this clubs money has passed through my hands. That is my reputation and I stake your money on it.

Thank you for reading,
ofey
CCJ Chief Buyer
2008-present
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi Irving

I just wanted to say that you do a limitless amount of work which contributes to the site and at least for those of us who are 'regulars' around here, we recognise this. It's a pity that there are some who see you as a target and want to bring you down when all you do is help others, and it saddens me too.

If I was in your position, I'd very easily take the approach of either not replying to PM's, or similar to how I post on another forum, post with a generic response to those who have clearly not put any effort of their own into their requests recommending they search or post their question in public so anyone can answer. I guess there are good reasons which support the introduction of post count minimums before being able to access the PM feature.

Best wishes and I hope you don't let these negative experiences deter you from contributing so much to this club.

Cheers,
jc.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

You're a gun Ofey :) ... (that's a good thing)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 am

We appreciate your efforts Ofey and you are well admired. Don't let these small things throw you off.
Sorry to hear about the technical problems with the crusty challenge. Surely the comp adminstrators should have taken the hacking into account. It's a shame. Just had a look now, pity a bogan with a full chest tattoo won. :( So undeserving.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:00 am

ofey, all of clubcj committee/admin know how hard u work for the club and 99% of the members do too, dont let the 1% remaining ruin your day :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:46 am

sorry that i couldn't be much of a help and support throughout the whole experience , being 11 hours behind you guys and not having any internet 90% of the time is hard haha

hope all is well with you , i'll see you when i get back taiko !
Lancer Evolution 10MR

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 am

Ofey - I am really sorry that you have been embarrassed by those clowns. It's a real reflection on the perp - cowardice.

You are highly valued and respected, and your open letter, it is really appreciated that you lay it all on the table for everyone to see the kind of things you put up with.

A shame that you didn't get through to completion - 10K would have been a great early Christmas present!!!

Keep on the good work - you're great at it :)
Last edited by 86MIM on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 am

that is pretty wak...

some people :(
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

Bullwinkle
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bullwinkle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Ofey, I'm still very new to CCJ and just from reading the posts I can see the amount of wffort you put in.

hang in there and don't let the minority affect what the majority appreciate
2010 White Ralliart

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Anonymous personal attacks are just not on.

As for Ofey's commitment and service to the club, I have to say that whatever interaction I've had with him has been pretty good. What he's doing is a service for the members, of which he is not compensated for, so we have to go easy on him.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Irving, I think I can speak for the majority here when I say that you are a terrific bloke, A trusted friend and an all round nice guy.
I personally hold you in very high regard, and am proud to call you my mate
The effort you put in is highly respected,appreciated and admired by the vast majority of us here
Please don't let a petty minded,viscious and cowardly minority push you away from the ones here who do really care about you
Without you the club may not have recovered and without you the club would have a very large void to fill,as you are considered one of the most trustworthy people here
Aussies take care of their mates and you are our mate, so rest assured we all have your back and respect you for who and what you are
You are our Chief buyer because we all know you are a very honest and diligent young man with the highest integrity and our best interests at heart
Thank you Irving for being there when we all needed you and never doubt your true friends here
With highest regards and affection
Chris Ballard (Mizta B) Outgoing Treasurer.
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

hansmitchel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby hansmitchel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Irving,
Don't let things you can't control affect you brother. Whoever sent you anonymous messages and saying sh!t can go get F...
You know the majority appreciate the work you put in for the club & appreciate you as a friend.

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Irving, just like everyone else has been saying already..you do a heck of a lot for this club and I'm sure nearly everyone here, except for a very small minority, highly appreciate it. So try not to let that minority get to you and discourage you! You do an awesome job as chief buyer!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Irving I’m responsible for the Pictures(sorry), I never thought there would be people who come on here would misuse those pictures, I thought it would be amongst friends to laugh with not at you.

You done a great job and should feel proud.

As for the club side of things, the club would not be where it is today without you. every Lancer on this forum has a part of you in it. Another thing to be proud of.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”