***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Whiteline Group Buy and Repco Orders with SIR-VRX

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:25 am

Firstly my apologies for not commenting sooner. I have been away from my computer / mobile reception for a fair chunk of this weekend.

This whole issue really saddens me. As Chris mentioned, I have already been affected by one case of dishonesty and it is still an open case. Anyways, it is irrelevant to this particular issue, but I can sympathise.

I just wanted to personally thank both Chris and Nick for doing their best to resolve this issue and allow the club to move forward into the future and leave this nasty mess behind us. They have both spent countless hours trying to sort this out for members so no one is out of pocket.

We need to hold back the anger and allow Adrian to resolve this issue. Yes he has done the wrong thing, he now needs to resolve the issue. Members need their money back. This is the most important issue right now.

In short, I guess I want to +1 what Troy has just said.

Shane.

VRXCESS
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRXCESS » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am

I think in order for this situation to result in a positive outcome for the club new protocols need to be created and initiated within the Group Buy process.

I personally don't blame the admin team, people do the best they can with the resources they have, and when acting in the interests of a group seek to make the best decisions based upon the available information at their disposal.

I have not personally been affected by this situation and as such am not emotional about the outcome regardless of how it pans out for those involved. Having said that I would like it to work out positively for all involved, including Adrian.

I think it would be a real shame and more of a backwards step if nothing positive comes out of this event.

This thread could be used constructively to help draft some new guidelines and protocols for how monies are handled for all Club CJ sponsored initiatives and the roles and responsibilities for all individuals involved in group buy initiatives. Detailed steps regarding grievance processes for the protection of Club CJ members and Admin members alike would also be a worthwhile endeavour.

I for one would like to be certain that any money that I may contribute to a group buy is held in a secure account requiring co-signatures and is not in someone's personal bank account. That should I reconsider my position to purchase in a group buy, that I can be guaranteed a prompt refund as the money is still in the account. I would like to know what my rights and responsibilities are in group buy and how I can resolve an issue suitably and equitably if one were to arise.

Lastly, if ClubCJ is approaching various sponsors or organizations for various discounts based upon a group buy system, I would think that being able to guarantee the finances are there to proceed with the sale would be a strong selling point in gaining discounts and building long term relationships.

Ofey, has mentioned previously that he is sometimes personally out of pocket when organizing a group buy. Why should Ofey as the buyer bear the risk and have to stump up the cash for members who are not eligible to participate, simply because they don't have the cash at the time of a group buy?

It seems change needs to happen and there is no better time than now to do so.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:25 am

Paul: I take on board your concerns about the group buy methodology and will be sure to implement some changes to the current system.

In defence of the old system, we've had a system which has worked fine for over A$50,000 worth of transactions. My losses are NOT great enough for me to raise an eyelid. It barely amouts to 2.5% of the total expenditure amount.

To date none of those partaking in group buys organised by me have ever lost out on their money or their parts. This is a one off occurrence and it is important that the membership pool doesn't over play it to making it out to be MORE than it is. Companies deal not with the club as they don't want further complication of their sales system. They deal with individuals. PMR deals with me. Not ClubCJ. They don't care what happens here. They take an order from me process it and I pay up when I collect the parts.

There are draw backs to the dual signatory system like increased paperwork and at times the amounts we deal with make it really unecessary for this to happen.

I am keen to continue group buys under my control and to do this, I propose a trust account. Since I've begun these group buys, rarely does the cost of the items and postage exceed A$5,000 at any one time. So to set peoples minds at ease, why don't I open a trust account in my name and one other administrator here in Melbourne (Now what would happen if both of us were to abscond?)

If I abscond, you can use that to recover your funds. However, I will keep whatever interest that account makes since that is my money. Fair deal?
I know a new system will protect me further but I am of the opinion that I want the world to realise trust is earned and returned by me and prove to all of you this is a one off.

I am not against change but not at the expense of added complications.

For the moment, I beg everyone's indulgence to wait till this matter is closed before we begin a period of re-structuring. We can discuss the group buy system further then.

Further do not confuse the group buy system with club funds you pay as membership. The club funds are overseen by an elected treasurer in a dual signatory account.

The club funds will NEVER be used to patch over a group buy shortfall or in this case.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi All,

It pleases me greatly that finally Calm and Constructive Minds are beginning to show Willingness for Repair and Reconstruction.
The Vindictive Venting has Ceased and Passiveness is Prevailing.

And so some of you may be thinking: [color=yellow]“The Whistle Blower – Commending for Calmâ€￾[/color]

As I’ve stated before:
I have never laid blame or conviction upon any member of the Admin Team, since I may have acted in similar suit given the prevailing circumstances thrust upon me by another member (me) outside the Respectable Ring of Administership.

I do understand and willingly acknowledge the overwhelming distress my revelations have caused to those within this Club so closely aligned with Adrian via association, friendship or follow.

However those who detest my actions should equally understand and acknowledge that my actions and intents were at all times focused on the:
[color=cyan]“Transparent and Truthful Factsâ€￾ and to Exonerate Repco, Whiteline and the Admin Team of any Unprofessional Behaviour.[/color]

I have always maintained this position, and will never back away from this Statement as it was the Sole Basis and Purpose of my Pursuit.

I do agree with the allowances of time being afforded to Adrian, and in kind, welcome the re-constructive advice and input being forwarded by most.

Regards: Sam

Ral1rt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ral1rt » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Mistake???? Reminds me of the $350 Mirror Group buy....... Was that an attempt to suck more cash from the members?

Disappointing mate.

I feel sorry for you.
Owner: Matt Stewart
09 Ralliart tuned at MPC
13.22 @ 106mph Australia's 2nd fastest Ralliart. (Ill get you captain :-) )

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:59 am

Damn ... no offense Sam, but I always find your posts so hard to read :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am

LOL, im glad im not the only one Tim :P

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 am

Sam was educated in the day when people were properly educated.
Unlike now... .

*LOL*

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:40 am

Well I understood his posts clearly :)

Must just been a selective southerner thing... :lol:

joking of course...
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

vincentchua
INACTIVE Member Account

I'm floored

Postby vincentchua » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 pm

what can I say..... I'm floored by the events that transpired in the last 72 hours.

I'm am truly shocked and saddened that this scandal has occured. I hope it can be resolved in due course.

No doubt we need a system of checks and balances that looks after the interests of the admin team and most importantly the members. I'm happy to talk to the newly elected admin team about establishing some simple governance principles that will serve to protect everyone's interests and make sure that this won't happen again.

Is ClubCJ incorporated into a company? Perhaps it is worth considering some form of legal/statutory protection from action from/against other parties in the first instance.
2008 Lancer Ralliart
Pipewerx Custom catback exhaust
Racing Dynamics 18x8" wheels
Chiptorque custom tune

----- Rice Rice baby! -----

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Iel tri to rite betterer inglish nxt time so mor of u kan undastand wat i am tring to explane in my posts.

Or mabe I shud mak mi posts smallerer with fewerer words so mor pepel kan get mi piont of me intenshons.

I apolagize for mis undatsandins witch i corse u, but u hafto belefe me bekase I was bine educathon in Italia cuntry b4 com to Astraliiana.

To Muce sori for all u pepel.

Sami da Dago

LOLOLOL:
Just Shit stirring Myself with no offence to anyone, but perhaps Ofey is wright !!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:54 pm

ahhhh now i get you Sam :P

But Ofey i must agree, the school system now SUCKS. but i will admit, im not smart, far from it, and partly my fault for not paying attention in school.

but anyway, you sound Smart Sam so thats all that matters :P

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 pm

SAM-24A wrote:Iel tri to rite betterer inglish nxt time so mor of u kan undastand wat i am tring to explane in my posts.

Or mabe I shud mak mi posts smallerer with fewerer words so mor pepel kan get mi piont of me intenshons.

I apolagize for mis undatsandins witch i corse u, but u hafto belefe me bekase I was bine educathon in Italia cuntry b4 com to Astraliiana.

To Muce sori for all u pepel.

Sami da Dago

LOLOLOL:
Just Shit stirring Myself with no offence to anyone, but perhaps Ofey is wright !!

Sam, I just got a headache from trying to read this :P

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Engrish. What a language!
Back on topic please.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Any update for the rest of us ?

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”