***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Whiteline Group Buy and Repco Orders with SIR-VRX

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 am

Well put Ofey

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 am

I just hope this incident doesn't scar members away in upcoming Group Buys for the club :?

VRXCESS
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRXCESS » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Unless there is some sort of means of guaranteeing funds are secure and kept in escrow, I can't see how GBs won't be affected.

This event has reinforced for me why I have not participated in GBs so far.

Now as a result of this misappropriation of funds I am finding out that there has been other instances of misappropriation.

The club may need to appoint a treasurer and set up an account under the club's name, requiring co-signatures prior to funds being released, to ensure the safety of GB money.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:30 pm

VRXCESS wrote:Unless there is some sort of means of guaranteeing funds are secure and kept in escrow, I can't see how GBs won't be affected.

This event has reinforced for me why I have not participated in GBs so far.

Now as a result of this misappropriation of funds I am finding out that there has been other instances of misappropriation.

The club may need to appoint a treasurer and set up an account under the club's name, requiring co-signatures prior to funds being released, to ensure the safety of GB money.

As I said, I cannot speak for the 2 case of misappropriation in this club. I can only speak about myself here. I am the chief buyer and I was given this position because of who I knew and the fact that as a published Scientist, I cannot possibly abscond with money.

I mentioned that some of you must see how I keep my ship. Here's a picture of the folder that files every receipt, every air way bill and every Google conversation I've had pertaining to group buys.

Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:54 pm

ofey wrote:However, I'd like emphasize that Adrian's actions were very wrong and should be punished. The fact that he went on further to deceive us of his actual position is mind boggling. Surely he should have said something to someone.

Ash, It's a simple question not a attack against her, Giving that she lives with Adrian Surely she would have known about this????

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Hey guys, I've been on the road for the past couple of hours and on my iPhone so excuse the typos and shortness of messages. (now not driving btw)

I 100% agree with Ofey and we need to focus on the issue and not rant and rave. As far as the situation goes all this talk about prosecuting now isn't the best bet -yet-. We have to make it clear that we have made an effort to resolve the issue ourselves out of courts first with all parties informed and involved before legal prosecution. Previously the matter did not involve all members as there were conflicting stories and it had to be cleared before it was presented to all.

Now we all know those in the group buy are currently out of pocket we have to make a clear cut effort to resolve this ourselves with Adrian. If it cannot be met and there is enough evidance in the other discussion thread that we have made an effort to meet an agreement with all affected involved, and one has not been met, then we will be in more of a position to prosecute.
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:10 pm

STACYS wrote:Ash, It's a simple question not a attack against her, Giving that she lives with Adrian Surely she would have known about this????

Ashley knew of it to a degree, but she had NO involvement in it at all, I didn't drag her into it. She is not to blame for any of it so please don't hold any of it against her.

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:12 pm

So she knew.

This is a terrible thing that has happened on this site. Hope is all taken care of in the right order.

Also thanks to Nick for matter visable for all members to see instead of keeping it with in admin..

Have said what ive had to say about this matter and im going to go enjoy my Sunday (at work :cry: )
Last edited by BlueWRX on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:17 pm

I am not here to stir the pot Adrian merely elucidating Stacy's question.

The point I think Stacey is trying to make is why didn't she say anything to anyone?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:18 pm

STACYS wrote:So she knew.

Very little. She knew about the group buy, she knew the group buy was delayed and that I was to blame.

The rest she did not know.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:20 pm

ofey wrote:The point I think Stacey is trying to make is why didn't she say anything to anyone?

She was unaware of the depth of the situation. Had she known she would have told somebody.

I'm now paying for all my mistakes from both in the club and at home.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Wow, This is very shocking news I must say.

As someone mentioned earlier $7-9K is a lot of money.
Fraud/theft has been committed. Failing to report this to the police immediately may also be a crime in itself and leave Admins in a legally questionable position.

I STRONGLY URGE THE CLUB ADMINS TO SEEK IMMEDIATE LEGAL ADVICE TO FIND OUT WHAT THE LAW REQUIRES IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Also I definitely think Paul's suggestion above --

"The club may need to appoint a treasurer and set up an account under the club's name, requiring co-signatures prior to funds being released, to ensure the safety of GB money".

IS DEFINITELY THE WAY TO GO FOR ALL CLUB GB AND MEMBERSHIP MONIES AND SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED IMMEDIATELY.

I must admit I think this should have done in the very early days of the club esp when memberships were starting to be charged and the club was obviously growing very quickly and successfully.

A number of people in other threads mentioned legal issues the club may face re liability on cruises, etc and handling of public monies etc and the possible need to register the club legally etc etc to cover such contingencies.

I look forward to more updates on a course of action and a resolution.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

VRXCESS
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby VRXCESS » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:21 pm

ofey wrote:
As I said, I cannot speak for the 2 case of misappropriation in this club. I can only speak about myself here. I am the chief buyer and I was given this position because of who I knew and the fact that as a published Scientist, I cannot possibly abscond with money.

I mentioned that some of you must see how I keep my ship. Here's a picture of the folder that files every receipt, every air way bill and every Google conversation I've had pertaining to group buys.

Ofey, my comments weren't directed at you specifically. My experience of you leads me to believe you are a stand up guy.

I was talking generally, from the stand point that money held in escrow out of the hands of the appointed group buy organizer, should protect both the appointed buyer and the participating members.

If and when people such as yourself leave their admin / moderator roles, having a formal process and infrastructure that governs how club members funds are secured and utilized will hold the club and it's members in good stead.

Although you are a club member in good standing and you have a professional reputation to protect, this should not be the criteria upon which the group buy funds management is built upon.

It would seem that the club is turning over tens of thousands of dollars in group buy initiatives, now might be the time to formalize some elements of the fund management.

Please note, my input in this matter is to put forward some ideas about how to potentially prevent similar situations in future to protect both the club and it's membership.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Well said Paul, my feelings EXACTLY.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:55 pm

i would just like to say even though this did not involve me directly that this is a very big blow to the club and as others have said procedures regarding club and members' monies have to be thoroughly scrutinised and revamped with better security measures to ensure smooth and legal transactions to take place.... also hopefully members do not make this public and cause and uproar n demise of this otherwise wonderful informative club..... it is an utter shame that this happened but i guess lessons have been learnt from this and the club should do everything to ensure this never happens again.... inconvenience of extra security measures is a very small price to pay instead of tarnishing the club's name and losing current and potential members.... thanks and once again i m not pointing the finger at anybody...just would like to put my 2 cents worth as a member here....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”