***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Whiteline Group Buy and Repco Orders with SIR-VRX

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Whiteline Group Buy and Repco Orders with SIR-VRX

Postby blade888 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am

To all members and Guests.

It is with regret to inform you of the following issues:
SIR-VRX:
Effective Immediately, SIR-VRX (Adrian) is no longer an Administrator, Committee member, Chief tech or active member of ClubCJ.Net. Reasons are to be outlined below.

Note: SIR-VRX's name still comes up in red in the members list. This is purely a graphical glitch. As per SIR-VRX's profile and access status is he no longer an admin.

Whiteline Sway Bar Group Buy through Repco:
SIR-VRX has sent the Admin Team/Repco/Whiteline a formal Apology:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To ClubCJ, Repco and Whiteline.
I write this to explain what has happened in summary in regards to the Whiteline Sway bars group buy to be ordered through Repco.
Had a meeting with the Repco company auditor on Thursday night and what I had to do to stop any legal action from Repco is beyond belief, but my screw up, my head on the block. I made a compromise with Repco so the club can still go on strong. However, this spells the end for me. I can't continue on ClubCJ as anything, not even just a member. I can't face it. Not after what I have done. I have betrayed the club as a whole, its members and most regretfully the good friends I have made here.

It should never have got this far, I take full responsibility for it happening of course.

This is how it all happened: Basically it started out fine. Everything aok. Monies came in, into an account that I never used. All was fine, order was being finalised ready for payment. Until I lost my job out of nowhere. Before the order was finalised the bank took the money out of the account it shouldn't have and without my consent, to cover payments of the mortgage. Because I told them I lost my job and requested a stop on payments. They saw a surplus so took it. I didn't say anything as I thought it was a mistake at first and the money would be returned. I realise that was the biggest mistake of all. As you can probably gather, it all steam-rolled down hill from there. Whiteline did have issues, that did work in my favour. But I used is as an excuse. I continued on with the excuses. shit got out of hand. I was scared, had no idea what to do so it kept growing bigger and bigger around me. Fast forward to present day, here I am coming clean as it was the only way to continue on, so the club can still remain. Nothing I have ever done is of this magnitude. I really let it go on for too long. I am really lost for words with myself, I can't believe what I have done. I have betrayed many people, not only those with cash outlay, but those who have taken a stand for me in this. That hurts me the most.

with deepest apologies,
Adrian. (SIR-VRX)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin Team's stance on this issue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We would like to make it clear and reinforce that;
Repco and Whiteline are not to blame for any of the delays or the loss of money in regards to the ordering process of this group
buy. They have always been an innocent party in this situation and we want to make this crystal clear.

We would like to apologise ourselves to Repco and Whiteline alongside Adrian's apology for any problems that his actions and member's reactions have incurred on your business, public relations and reputations. We would like to assure our members that both Repco and Whiteline are good companies, with very helpful, understanding and communicative staff who look out for their customers.

We are also at a financial loss as the members are, we are not taking this lightly.

Regards,

Admin Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian, as mentioned above has been immediately dismissed from all his positions in this club for this action. The Admin Team was unaware of his actions and when questioned the team were also decieved with mis-information.
The Admin Team are victims in this as equally as the members are, as a number of members on the Admin Team also had their money deposited and had orders placed with Adrian and they too are out of pocket.

The Admin team also wishes to acknowledge SAM-24A for assisting with investigating the order tracking and shedding some needed light on this issue. He has put himself on the line, risking his reputation with his contacts to ensure the members know what's going on.

Where do we go from here?:
First we ask those members affected by the loss of funds to please inform us of a reasonable and realistic time for repayment. There will be a private topic that affected members will be able to respond to and discuss this under the "Liaison Case Thread" Please click here to view it and respond Thread for affected members discussion

Of course we would all like to be refunded immediately, but due to the circumstances surrounding his job losses, Adrian may not be able to do this, he has stated his Family and in-laws have been notified and are trying to work out a solution on their end.

Now, if he cannot pay us in an agreed timeframe, I have informed him that the police and authorities will be informed by the *Admin Team on behalf of all the affected members* (This is so there is a single point of contact with authorities and the club to avoid mis-communication and/or complicating the issue.)
This is regardless of our friendships with Adrian and acknowledgement of all he has done for the club in the past. This issue is legally Fraud, and cannot be excused by members or the Admin Team of ClubCJ.

Once again I regret to inform you all of this Club shaking news.
Please keep posts in this thread civil, constructive and non defamatory. Any posts deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Affected members please click this link for the discussion on next actions, repayments, etc. If you cannot access it, please PM me.
Thread for affected members discussion

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:12 am

Honestly, I am beside myself.

I hope this works out as soon as possible - I for one will be taking the bat should comments against any party become defamatory.

Thanks Blade888 for making the news clearly spelt out, nothing worse than a one sided story.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:43 am

Holy sh*t.... Really feel for Adrian and more importantly the buyers. Its a bad situation for everyone especially Repco and Whiteline as its their reputation and business on the line.

Glad to see its been exposed and is in the public domain. Thats the right thing to do for everyone concerned.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:18 am

Adrian is still trying to be the victim.

Lets make this clear there is no reason to feel sorry for him over this.

He continued to take money after the original order was spent. He still has been modding his car with our money, buying toys like phones and computers while the whole time acting like there is nothing wrong.

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 am

Exactly Troy, in hindsight if this situation was made clear to the club & members earlier on then sure we will be more understanding & cut Adrian some slack.

This was a big gamble with everyone's money & expectations that didn't pay off & a clear violation of trust! a big lesson to learn there kiddies.

Anyway onto the positive to get everyone's money back & put this behind us.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

Yes agree with Aspir3, no matter how much he has done or how much we like the guy, the fact is theft is theft...

Suggesting the bank is at fault is just laying blame elsewhere...

I would bend over backwards to fix this issue, should it be me in this situation.. sell my car if it came to it...

All this 'let's give him a chance..' stuff is again inappropriate. All monies should be returned by a given time.. not let him pay-off in installments... I wonder how the club would go if law suits were levelled at the club?

The Police should be informed. Immediately. Not being a member or being able to communicate with the membership is now also awkward.. how do we know what his position is... you suggesting we should trust some of his friends will let us know..?

No, this should be a Police matter, then it truly is on PUBLIC record.

I am hoping for more transparency than has been evident in this club within the past.

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:50 am

That's not right, he should have notified the club of his situation as soon as it happened, and the money should have been kept in an account that two CCJ members had to sign for it, so many things wrong with this situation. As long as it all gets sorted out in the end, hopefully he has learnt and won't do it else where

OHH YEA!!!!

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:02 am

Not knowing the full scale on what's happened or actual dollar figure attached then maybe the right thing to do is pursue this legally.

There might be good intentions on paying it back but unless its all done above board and in a legal manner then when it comes to the crunch you may have difficulty in actually getting the money back.

Something maybe worth thinking about....

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:05 am

aspir3 wrote:He continued to take money after the original order was spent. He still has been modding his car with our money, buying toys like phones and computers while the whole time acting like there is nothing wrong.

:shock:

If thats true then ....

Then don't make another mistake folks. Seek legal advice.
Last edited by shamrockshirts on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:14 am

we are talking about $7-$9K.. unsure of exact figure as not all members who purchased goods are listed in the GB main-page...

The point about legal action, it costs.. what we throw good money after bad?!

I think it should be reported to police for what it is, premeditated theft, because as you all aptly point out... did he let us know when the problem occurred? No, he used Whitelines redevelopment time to keep the deceit going (irrespective of how noble is intent was at that time, i.e. getting the monies back together to pay back).

But, you can read threads where he continued to show interest in buying this gear-change light and other toys.. after the situation had occurred. WRONG.

If you believe his good intents, then you will all be taken again...

Prosecute.

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:23 am

A lot of what is being vented here is just that - venting.

I am not taking sides, but none of what is being posted is constructive. We can all speculate, but for the sake of the club and its reputation, to continue to ravage - and I mean ravage - at one persons mistakes like this is damaging to member morale. In my view, a couple of posts are deemed as personal attacks that insinuate defamation against them. Do not insinuate or make claims against another individual unless you have the proof to back this up.

Leave this to the Admins, it is out of anyone else's hands. If you have personal bones to pick, take it to the Liaison Officer or the Admins directly to seek information about what the next steps are.

Do not say you have not been informed.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.

ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:31 am

Actually, why don't you allow people to have their say, its up to the agrieved to demand action.. those who have lost nothing have no business here.

I am not trusting any posts from Admins, unless its to show us the plan to return monies or the Police report number...

Should you not like the tone of someone's post, I suggest you take it up with them via PM.

Actually, some of us have been involved with this for quite some time, demanding action.. leaving it to the admins and not listening to SAM when he first chimed in is half of the problem..

I don't think you can stop the club being tarnished, except to make it right VERY QUICKLY.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:34 am

Kym you are right, but we are not speculating.

We know the truth, which is why we are upset.

Nick is aware of our complaint. He has received them last week end when we new what was going on.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am

Without wanting to deflect the fact that I am viewed as an admin (despite only being a Snr Mod), I'd like to make a statement.

As a member of the senior management of this club and Chief buyer, I feel partially responsible for this mess. To some of you when speaking to you over the phone, I have mentioned that I should have handled the group buy myself since I am the chief buyer but chose not to when asked to give others a chance to "contribute".

There are a great many things said by Troy and Tryg which I agree with wholeheartedly and also some I don't. My position however doesn't permit me to complicate matters by discussing points at length.
The actions of one can ruin the reputation of many. I've also heard people wanting to monitor my group buys. Just to point out, A$50K of this club's money has flowed through me. With only people failing to pay me and pulling out after the purchase. And never me failing to deliver.
Sad and unfortunate, I've been roped in with the other crooks.

However, I'd like emphasize that Adrian's actions were very wrong and should be punished. The fact that he went on further to deceive us of his actual position is mind boggling. Surely he should have said something to someone.

As of yesterday, the administration of this club has put into place a set of steps to recover the misappropriated money. This is as some of you might know is not the first time club funds have been misappropriated. The previous occurrence involved several senior mods (including myself) and Admins and this was kept underwraps to prevent the club's reputation from being hung out to dry. I am to this day still out of pocket from the first instance. So I am not hopeful.

The point that I cannot accept is that the 2 people responsible so far for the biggest misappropriations in our young club's history are now gone but money is still owed. It has re-enforced the fact that the very people I have placed my trust in have both deceived both myself and the club and this is the biggest disappointment.

I believe the time for patience and understanding in such matters are now over. If the senior administrators see no way to take actions against a friend, I suggest you pass on your responsibilities to someone who can and will ... .

What I find pretty strange though is none of my fellow senior administrators have come out to front questions and seemingly are away.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 am

I am still here, I'm not running away from this mistake of mine.

It will be sorted, what is owed will be refunded and promptly.

I have made a post in the Liaison Case topic so please go read that.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”