***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

got jipped

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

got jipped

Postby driftnut(( » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 pm

so you all know i have a MY10 RX sedan well so did I, i was just re-reading my contract and to my SUPRISE it say i have a 2009 MY09 ES lancer WTF so i went out to the car and checked the plate under the bonnet and is 08!!!!! not F!@#ing happy at all what should i do??

should i take the car back to them and tell them i want what i paid for!

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:13 am

I believe once you have paid your money and received your goods it is then accepting the deal.
Try ringing consumer affairs during the week and finding your rights, then go to dealer.

Stealthy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Stealthy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:16 am

guess it would depend on how long youve had it and if your contract was for a my10RX and if it was you could argue goods wernt delivered
IF IN DOUBT .........FLAT OUT - Colin Mcrae

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: got jipped

Postby cyssero » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:19 am

driftnut(( wrote:so you all know i have a MY10 RX sedan well so did I, i was just re-reading my contract and to my SUPRISE it say i have a 2009 MY09 ES lancer WTF so i went out to the car and checked the plate under the bonnet and is 08!!!!! not F!@#ing happy at all what should i do??

should i take the car back to them and tell them i want what i paid for!

The 2009 ES Lancer is understandable, after all it is one, but 2008 build?! - very weird! Sadly I can't offer any insight but I would definitely talk to the dealer first thing tomorrow, if they're close by, pay them a visit.

It would be pushing it to call the RX a model on it's own, so the contract saying ES is probably just for consistency. That's not the problem though, the 2008 bit is weird. When was it manufactured in 2008?

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:31 am

ter thats what it says on plate on the car 08 plus if it was an ES shouldnt have as extra's my spoiler and alloys due to the ES not having any of those, also its insured as an RX sedan not ES im really confused

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:36 am

rx could just be Mitsubishi optioning ES to help sales of ES models i believe

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 am

Are you sure ben that your build plate does not show 08/09? Because 08/09 build onwards is MY10.

The MY10 ESs were give a set of wheels and a spoiler and called a RX. Should've got the black tail lights also, as all the other MY10s did.

So it is still officially called an ES model.

Mez
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mez » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 am

A RX and a ES are pretty much the same, just a few bonuses like a special ed of the ES, Spoiler, Alloys and blacked out lights. nothing different elsewhere (but looks better :wink: ).
In saying that I think you should go to your Dealer and get a sure answer about it though.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 am

Mez wrote:A RX and a ES are pretty much the same, just a few bonuses like a special ed of the ES, Spoiler, Alloys and blacked out lights. nothing different elsewhere (but looks better :wink: ).
In saying that I think you should go to your Dealer and get a sure answer about it though.

All MY10s get the black tail lights ;)

Mez
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mez » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 am

I know.... The stuff i could have gotten if I waited 1 more year for my Vr....

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 am

Had I waited 1 more year I'd have a 2.4L engine :lol:

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 am

Everyone has a cooling off period with their contracts when we get our cars, I think its 30days. If you not happy with something, bring the car back within that time frame.

But as a few of the others have said, all the RX is is an optioned up ES thats a promo only trim spec (only comes out during 'sale times'). I think the RX has a 6month cycle (end of year and end of tax year) which falls on when people have/want to spend lots of money.

Also another one is the GT spec Lancers. These ones are special 'dealer only' cars that the dealer would do. Mark ups on these ones can be a bit extreme though (one wanted 33k for an ES, had 18's, Evo like bodykit and a VRX spoiler). Plus some GT spec come in a different colour to other Lancers. With the GT spec ones, they will either use a VR or an ES.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:29 am

I have seen Victoria's Consumer Affairs website, and infact you do have a 7-day cooling off period..

Its a state/teritory dependant clause, QLD members have one-day. For QLD members Form PAMD37-A applies.

You can choose to sign away the cooling off period, this allows a dealer to sell your trade (if there was one) without delay.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”