***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Stuck @ work and working out my mod purchases

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Which colour logo on the mud flaps for a Lightning Blue VRX?

Red print on black Rallyarmour mud flaps.
40%
Blue print on black Rallyarmour mud flaps.
60%

Total votes: 5

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Stuck @ work and working out my mod purchases

Postby The X » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:11 am

So here I am stuck at work on a Public Holiday Monday on crap weather day, bored as hell (actually plenty of work to do - but i'm procrastinating). Flush with cash after pay day and time to spend that moollah on the car.

Having trouble deciding which color print to get on my Rallyarmour mud flaps. I've a lightning blue VRX, thinking blue print to match, but also red print is tickling my fancy. What do you guys think? I'd ask my work colleague but he's maggot from the weekend, crawled up on 3 office chairs pulling a Kanye West impersonation. :) Everyone else are just losers. Thank God for Tiesto on my iPod.

Blue car with red on black rally armour: http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/evox-re ... i-244.html

Blue on black rally armours: http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/lancer- ... i-238.html

I've decided for the VG, I'm pretty much decided I'm not going to colour match it with the car, I think black on Lightning Blue will look neat. I see most peeps on the forum have done the same, and IMHO it looks better.

Now to search for a decent priced K&N drop in filter. RPW look cheapest for now. US sellers on ebay look good, but shipping is a killer, doesn't make it worthwhile. :( Might check out Autobarn on my lunch break and see if they stock them.

Edit: Mods, I think this should be moved to "Q's about your lancer" forum. Sorry. :)
Last edited by The X on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:23 am

Now thats a hard one. Personally I would go with the blue unless I was going to have some other red trims on the car. Both would look great thou. Good luck with it. I'd stick to RPW for your K&N or look at the Blitz filter or see if you can still get the HKS one off JustJDM for that special price.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 am

Blue on Black I think VRX-Pete
I've recently put a Blitz panel filter in my VRX with good results
FYI - I bought it off JUSTJDM,and they are doing a good deal on HKS panels at the moment.
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Speedie wrote:Now thats a hard one. Personally I would go with the blue unless I was going to have some other red trims on the car. Both would look great thou. Good luck with it. I'd stick to RPW for your K&N or look at the Blitz filter or see if you can still get the HKS one off JustJDM for that special price.

Hmm, yeah, the only red trims might be the red vinyl on the Mitsi logos on the stock alloys and the front and rear mitsi badges. I do like the red on black raillyarmour as it subtley stands out a little bit more, as oppossed to the blue on black, better contrast.

As for filters, I've heard people rave on about K&Ns, will have to do some research about the HKS and Blitz and claimed "performance" gains. :)Maybe in the far future I might put a CAI in (after the exhaust upgrade) so it all be moot down the track.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I think I'll go with the red print on black flaps for the Rallyarmours. Just to be a tad different. Almost 99.9999999% sure. :lol: I don't think I can go wrong with either colour. The AUD Vs US dollar is increasing so I can afford to wait a week and the currency conversion gets better! :) Cheaper flaps! :D Another day, another mood swing. maybe I should flip a coin.

As for K&N air filters I got quoted around $129 at an auto store in Penrith, Sydney as I was passing thru the area. (I'm not sure if forum rules allow me to mention the chain, so I won't). 1 week wait for stock to arrive. Not as expensive as some in other theads have been gouged for. Any1 know what RPW's postal rates are to sydney, can't be more than $29 surely?!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 pm

$16.50 I believe.

I think JustJDM is about $10 but don't quote me.

Both the K&N and the HKS filter are very good, but the HKS doesn't require a cleaning kit and oiling so maintenance is a little simpler...

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:33 pm

If you were to spray your callipers what colour would you spray them?

I would get the RallyArmour writing the same colour.
RALLI//////ART

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 pm

DavidAnthony wrote:If you were to spray your callipers what colour would you spray them?
I would get the RallyArmour writing the same colour.

Ah, that is on the cards. Definately faux brembo red. :) Because I'm not willing to part with _that_ much money on an Evo. :) LOLz

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”