***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Rear Parking Sensors

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:33 am

sall good - always fun to take piss (whaaa???)
I find it laughable how much they change it by sometimes... had like a 15 minute convo with some guy from aami once about new wheels and how they're going to inpact my insurance blah blah....

Then I finally though and said "look give me 2 quotes, one with the new wheels, one without and I'll decide weather or not I'm putting them on or leaving it for a while"

And there was like $8 difference - lol... Why not just keep it the same till next year.... oh well - $8 x 1000's of customers = $8000's of dollars right? doesn't make much difference to us but it does to them...

Sorry - way off topic guys!
But it is a silly place to have sensors I think... spose as low as possible means u won't hit low objects tho...

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 am

The white ones are there they are because of the tow bar. If they were in the right place, they would pick up the tow bar sticking out each time you went into reverse, beep like crazy and be useless.

TheRents
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby TheRents » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:19 pm

LOL mine are OEM and down low.... they are not worth the money wasted on them.... I have taken them back to Mitsi and complained that they dont work right and they keep telling they work fine.... so tell me if they work fine and your parked in your driveway with nothing behind you why do they keep going off then stop then go off again.... total random.... sort of like the car wants to keep you guessing..... hahah i will mess with his mind!!!!!!!!! I got the factory fitted tow bar pack when you connect up the electrics on the trailer it turns off you reversing sensors.... oh and the sensors were playing up before i got the towbar fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:35 pm

I fitted the OEM sensor kit to my VRX
They can be a little tempermental but I did bump a wall once because I couldn't see out the rear of my car
The templates in the kit mount them low - that's where they are shown to go in the instructions.
At least now I've got some idea of objects behind me
Still $300 well spent considering the cost of repairs...........
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:29 pm

TheRents wrote:LOL mine are OEM and down low....

How low exactly are they fitted & is your driveway on a gradient?

Mine are approx 430mm off the ground & never really had a major issue with false alrming. My driveway has plants either side of it & sometime when they sway about I do get some alarming.

Oh & mine are a set I picked up on ebay. :)

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Mine are up relatively high and still pick up the kerb and so on when reversing out the driveway as the gradient changes signficantly and quickly in that instance.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”