***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ's Future and Potential

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

valkyria
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

ClubCJ's Future and Potential

Postby valkyria » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 am

So this was spurred on by aspir3 shedding some light on the activeness of the page and other moderators. I mean, in the three years I've been on this page there seems to definitely be a dwindling active member count.
I feel as if it'd take a only a little bit to keep this website alive but to make it thrive again it needs a little attention. Here are things I think needs to be addressed:

Identity
You'd have to establish more of a presence in the car community (specifically lancers/) which is in turn done by producing more ClubCJ branded stuff e.g. stickers, hoodies, keychains even launching a store for said products and having a more active appearance at car meets. While saying this, perhaps the logos and other design elements might need a redesign.

Social Media
As far as I'm aware and from a quick search, there's no ClubCJ Facebook or Instagram, these platforms are pretty huge for the car scene. Whether it be a partnership with AUS CJ (i have no idea if ClubCJ is anyway affiliated with them) or making your own page, Facebook is much easier to access for a large majority of people as well as a younger demographic (this is where I'd imagine new users come from).
I know personally, I frequent AUS CJ fairly often as it's just an easier way for me to see people's day-to-day lancer/CJ life.

Instagram is another huge platform as people love to see cars in all their glory, so having on, is really important in my opinion.

Content Creation
There's no use having all these social media profiles if you have nothing worth seeing, which is why you need photos / news / posts related to our cars posted regularly.

See, I don't quite know when the ClubCJ forum was made, but obviously several years ago forums were huge before there were Facebook groups and other ways to communicate, discuss, and share topics. However, now things have shifted and between; lack of new posts and waning presence online, ClubCJ has dwindled.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to spearhead a lot of this. I'm currently 19 in university studying a Bachelor of IT and Bachelor of Multimedia so outside of university I have plenty of free time. By profession I'm a UI/UX designer (Basically I design pretty interfaces) however I also have experience in:
    Digital Marketing
    Graphic Design
    Social Media Management
    Web Design
    Product Design
However, this largely depends on whether the admin team would like changes such as these to happen as I'd probably need access to a bunch of things. I'd even offer to buy the website from them if that's easier for them.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: ClubCJ's Future and Potential

Postby bumblebee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:31 am

And those of us who don't have any need want or desire for Facebook?

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:28 am

I really like the social media idea, and it’d attract a lot of new, younger users.
New merchandise would also benefit the forum, especially new stickers and a store front
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 am

All things that look good sometimes prove to be otherwise,so should be approached with caution.
I like the enthusiasm, willingness and knowledge of valkyria but nowledge also needs to be coupled with wisdom! :)

I'd like Aspir3's opinion on this? Perhaps an interchange of PM's between the originator of this thread and Aspir3?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:17 am

I'm happy to discuss in an open thread.
I like the enthusiasm too.

I'm not that it savy to help or understand. Justin our admin does but is currently overseas.

Keep the ideas coming and let's see where it takes us. Many of the ideas I have suggested in the past but I'm unable to do them. This requires active admin to control and setup

valkyria
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby valkyria » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:05 pm

bumblebee wrote:And those of us who don't have any need want or desire for Facebook?

It's not like I'm recommending we take the forum down, it's still a huge source for lancer information so you'll still be able to view content here. I'm more focused on increasing our numbers of members which means the expansion and evolution of the page and to deny mediums as large as Facebook and Instagram I think is impractical. I mean if you think about it, a large majority of new lancer owners are probably going to be younger due to it being a fairly well priced first car or buying it second hand as older individuals upgrade as their salary goes up.

sarusa wrote:All things that look good sometimes prove to be otherwise,so should be approached with caution.
I like the enthusiasm, willingness and knowledge of valkyria but nowledge also needs to be coupled with wisdom! :)

I'd like Aspir3's opinion on this? Perhaps an interchange of PM's between the originator of this thread and Aspir3?

Wisdom is gained through experience and I definitely have experience in all of the fields I'm proficient at. And yes things can sometimes be misleading and not as good as they sound however at this point, I don't see how could implementing any of these changes negatively affect the page, I just think we're in a position of "it can't hurt to try"

jjb
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jjb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Having only just purchased my CJ and joining this forum recently, as I begin embarking on modding and improving and enjoying my new ride, I think it'd be great to see the forum expand and grow

With the way of the world, social media is definitely a great way to spread awareness of the group, and get it out there in the community more, especially with younger folks. It is a tough one though, as you don't want to alienate all of those who purely use this forum and aren't on facebook/ instagram/ whatever esle, so it is about maybe running the two together/ separately, but linked. Or utilising social media to direct new people to the forum itself..

Just my thoughts and opinion, for what it's worth (if anything :P ).. Anyway, the merchandise and plan to get more newcomers is great!

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:22 pm

i agree with this, i'd love to see this forum blow up and grow like what it seemed it did while ago, i only joined here roughly a few months ago after having my CF since last late year and hell have i gained so much information here, i'd love to rep decals/stickers even keychains or apparel for the forum as it's been the most pleasant lancer forum i've seen. a growing member count with possible fun meet ups would be awesome too
We are all in it for the fun!

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Yeah I agree with Reece, I’d love to rep merchandise and meet ups and such would be awesome.
I think that what jjb said is a great idea too - not so much using Facebook as a complete seperate space, but using it as a place where people join, and are then directed to this forum to become active. Facebook contains a lot of younger users and groups on there have lots of active users. If we could tap into those, I feel that this forum could get a lot more active users
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Club CJ does have a Facebook page but it's not really used.
We did look at selling merchandise but had trouble agreeing on a design and getting someone reliable to handle the distribution.

This forum has all the information on our cars here but the trouble is most young users don't want to contribute or search for an answer. Most just ask their questions and leave. Facebook is best for this. Have a look today at auscj and the same questions on wheel fitment was asked by 2 different members. The same happens here but I try to delete the threads to stop too many on the same subject

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm

One thing I do believe is we need a new election and try to inject some new members with enthusiasm into the admin/committee.
At the moment I believe I'm the only active moderator.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm

ReidVR wrote:I really like the social media idea, and it’d attract a lot of new, younger users.
New merchandise would also benefit the forum, especially new stickers and a store front

This would be nice instead of paying $30 for a premium membership and only receiving a sticker a few spotted cards. A store is a more direct way for the club to fundraise.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:41 pm

honestly if merchandise is to be made, if any members can come up with any sample designs use them as a base template, more larger and greater designs can be made but even basic stickers or keychains with the club logo would be a simple way to promote, i guess start small then grow big, but is it true, a lot of people ask questions which could be asked in the forum chat box
We are all in it for the fun!

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 pm

I’d be happy to submit some designs for stickers, I’m quite into designing
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Not to sound like a downer, problem with Club CJ is it is a single model club, not a generic Lancer or Mitsubishi club.

Since the CJ (Aus model naming) has been out for around ten years now and has more or less finished its run interest will naturally subside. Early owners have probably done all their mods and sold on or just stopped as enough has been done.

There has been a slight bump in activity as second owners come into the fold and owners feel like doing more once the warranty is done, but it is still always going to be in a forever reducing number.

And being a forum it is easy enough to find required info and move on without necroing old posts or asking new and getting a barrage of 'use search' replies.

So enjoy what you can while you can but don't stress if the club doesn't grow or improve.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”