***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Stock or aftermarket? 2009 VRX LANCER 2.4L

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

XTPN
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Stock or aftermarket? 2009 VRX LANCER 2.4L

Postby XTPN » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Greetings everyone,
I just bought a 2009 VRX Lancer in red today for $9200 @ 49,000 on the ODO. It came with a black front strut bar, just wondering if that's stock for VRX models 2008+ or aftermarket?

Also, are sunroofs standard for all VRX models? Or is an extra feature? Mine doesn't have one.

Thanks!!

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Sunroofs do not come standard. It's an optional upgrade.

It is also my understanding that the older model VRXs comes with an OEM front strut bar, but newer models don't. Maybe someone can confirm this.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

XTPN
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby XTPN » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks! That makes everything more clear.

Also, does anyone know which model has the auto folding rear mirrors?

maison_69r
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby maison_69r » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:24 pm

That's correct the older models come stock, mine has it too

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 pm

XTPN wrote:Thanks! That makes everything more clear. Also, does anyone know which model has the auto folding rear mirrors?

I have the auto folding mirrors on my 2012 (M13 model) VRX Lancer, not sure what other models do nowdays though! My VRX does not have a strut brace but I found I like someone else said the later VRX models don't have one standard nowdays! :)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 am

mine has the strut brace :)
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah I find it weird that they deleted the strut brace on the newer VRX, didn't they also do something with the rear sway bar on the newer VRX?

Sounds like a bargain a 09' VRX for less than 10k, so everything checked out with it I guess.

I do wish more original owners would have paid up to get sunroof and the better audio systems in the VRX. Mine also has the stock space saver in the boot.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

XTPN
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby XTPN » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:Yeah I find it weird that they deleted the strut brace on the newer VRX, didnt they also do something with the rear sway bar on the newer VRX? Sounds like a bargain a 09 VRX for less than 10k, so everything checked out with it I guess. I do wish more original owners would have paid up to get sunroof and the better audio systems in the VRX. Mine also has the stock space saver in the boot.

I feel you.. I got the sound system but no sunroof, kinda darned about that. Despite that pretty happy for much I got it for, assuming nothing goes wrong

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:Yeah I find it weird that they deleted the strut brace on the newer VRX, didnt they also do something with the rear sway bar on the newer VRX? Sounds like a bargain a 09 VRX for less than 10k, so everything checked out with it I guess. I do wish more original owners would have paid up to get sunroof and the better audio systems in the VRX. Mine also has the stock space saver in the boot.

I have seen quitea few early model VRX CJ Lancers around with the Rockford Fosgate sound system, however there is not many sunroof models around, sure glad i have had the better sound system in both my VRX Lancers! :)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:18 am

plus if you have the RF normailly u have an output fot an AUX cord

if u dont noramally u want have an AUX cord

it was opitnal back with the older CJ VRXS with the RF both of mine i have had dont have it but if u tune the stock just right it sounds good
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker

(cj-red)

XTPN
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby XTPN » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:40 am

kay christensen wrote:plus if you have the RF normailly u have an output fot an AUX cord if u dont noramally u want have an AUX cord it was opitnal back with the older CJ VRXS with the RF both of mine i have had dont have it but if u tune the stock just right it sounds good

Thanks! I have also noticed that the bluetooth on older models vrx are only for calling. Bummer.. The aux will be fine for now tho :D

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 am

XTPN wrote:[quote:042319110e=kay christensen]plus if you have the RF normailly u have an output fot an AUX cord if u dont noramally u want have an AUX cord it was opitnal back with the older CJ VRXS with the RF both of mine i have had dont have it but if u tune the stock just right it sounds good[/quote:042319110e] Thanks! I have also noticed that the bluetooth on older models vrx are only for calling. Bummer.. The aux will be fine for now tho :D

Yes they are, which did suck as Bluetooth streaming is pretty awesome once you have it, i didnt have it in my old VRX but have it in my 2012 (MY13) VRX! :D

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Yeah the original owner of my VRX didn't opt for any extras, not even floor mats. But the MY09 has aux audio behind the little door under the AC controls.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”