***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Drive Belt Recall for 2008-2011 Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:12 pm

It sounds weird that they are doing this to ralliarts.
Is it really another belt?
I haven't been under a 4B11T but i imagine the configuration of accessories would be the same locations?

If anyone can chime in what else does it drive?

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:09 pm

maybe power steering?
normal lancers are electric i believe whereas ralliarts and evos are hydraulic. pls correct me if i`m wrong.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 pm

so your saying Ken thay all the NA lancers in the recall had hydraulic steering?

got me beat then.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:27 am

Got my belt replaced yesterday, while I was getting my overdue TC-SST fluid changed... she's running really smooth now! ;)

Belt only needing replacing, said the drive tensioner was ok on mine. (done 80k)

JaZira5 wrote:Im wishing I got mine done last year. Booked in for April 7. Guess at least its now booked in. >.<

Mate I'd call another dealer, when I was ringing around one of them said late March as they were waiting for shipment.. Dealer I took it to had parts in stock & was no fuss!

alex8337
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby alex8337 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 am

My drive belt recall experience...

Sydney Ryde Mitsubishi transferred me on the phone 4 times until someone told me that the only booking time was two months away.

Sydney Parramatta Mitsubishi transferred me on the phone 3 times until I was able to book for one month away, a few days before the booking they called to tell me they didn't have the part.

Tamworth Mitsubishi transferred me on the phone once and I booked for a few days later, they had the car for 9am and called me at 11am to pick it up.
(edited a part of my post out because at first I thought my service schedule had been changed but now I'm not too sure because I think I'd been playing with it the day before but can't quite remember).
Last edited by alex8337 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

Just to add to your Sydney experience alex, I called Zetland last week (my nearest) and they had an appointment for me in about 2 weeks. I haven't had the appointment, yet, so can't speak for their quality.

triplenet
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby triplenet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Should i be worry ? I just bought 2008 (MY08) CJ ES model . Do i have to change for my car model as well ? or it's not include in the list ? ty

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm

I have an 08/09 ES. It is included in the recall.
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:54 am

triplenet wrote:Should i be worry ? I just bought 2008 (MY08) CJ ES model . Do i have to change for my car model as well ? or its not include in the list ? ty

You'll probably have to. Call your local mistubishi dealer. They'll ask for your rego, and tell you if you need to or not.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:10 am

triplenet wrote:Should i be worry ? I just bought 2008 (MY08) CJ ES model . Do i have to change for my car model as well ? or its not include in the list ? ty

Where did you get the car, private or dealer?

If it was a dealer check with them as they may have done it, or call the previous owner if you have a contact number. It can take time for the VIN to go through the system, so it might say it hasn't been done but it has. Dealers need the VIN so they can claim back the cost of the parts from Mitsubishi.

Other wise just call a Mitsubishi dealer with you rego or VIN and they can check. It won't cost you anything apart from a morning without your car and can be done at any dealer regardless where you bought it or any dealer warranty they may have come with the car.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

triplenet
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby triplenet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:07 pm

called the dealer and i have to change for my car .. it's good or bad ? anyways the earlier booking is next 2 weeks for me :( ! thanks all

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Well it's bad that it happened in the first place, but it's good that you're now aware of it. Would you rather you drive around not knowing? haha

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:56 pm

It shouldn't be a problem, what they do is remove the belts and inspect/measure the pulleys and stuff, replace any parts that need to be done, but in most cases they just replace the belts.

For most it's a preventive measure and won't affect the life engine or the car.

I haven't heard of any owners having issues here so I wouldn't worry, worse car is if anything does go wrong from the possibly faulty parts you're covered as its a known issue.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

elementrb
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby elementrb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:28 am

Mines in at Aspley Mitsubishi now getting the work done... Grumpy with the Toowong Mitsubishi.. not even a call back yet ont he parts/times (that was about a week and a half ago i took it there. Grrr.

***Update***
Got a call... they cant do mine and overlooked the fact that it is a Ralliart... I have to take it to one of the Ralliart Mitsi service cetners now... Grr again.

Called one of them and they are ordering th4r parts then calling me to book in the service. Sweet.
Last edited by elementrb on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~2009 Lancer RA Sportback~
~Mods: Custom intake, TD05, TurboSmart Kompact BOV, Hyperflow 100cell Cat, Hyperflow catback exhaust and upgrade IC, 2.5" IC piping kit, GS 3-Port, NA AUtosport Dyno Tune, Optima Redtop in the boot, Koya Racing SF01 18x9 +35, BC BR Coilovers, EvolutionX Designs Coilcover~

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”