***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2015 Mitsubishi Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

2015 Mitsubishi Lancers

Postby RyanMK » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 pm

https://www.redbook.com.au/car-news/mit ... shed-45766

Updated Lancer small car arrives, with new features and price cuts up to $7000
The 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer has landed in Australia, fitted with more equipment, featuring a revised model strategy and offering sharper prices to ensure it's the most affordable mainstream small car in the country.

Now priced from $18,990 for the entry-level Lancer ES Sport sedan, a reduction of $1400, the Japanese small car matches the previous price-leader, Skoda's Rapid, and undercuts the likes of the Holden Cruze and Honda Civic sedans ($19,490).

The range-topping Lancer Evolution has also had its price slashed by $7000, down to $52,990, to better compete with the new Subaru WRX STI ($49,990).

Starting from the bottom, the Lancer ES Sport sedan now comes with dual-tone 16-inch alloy wheels, a sports body kit with rear spoiler, Bluetooth streaming with voice control, climate control, Ralliart cloth seat trim, electronic stability control, door mirror indicator lights and seven airbags as standard.

Power is provided by a 110kW 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual gearbox and a CVT automatic with steering wheel paddled shifters and six-speed quasi-manual mode is also offered as a $2000 option. The 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer price list for manual variants is as follows:

Lancer ES Sport: $18,990
Lancer LS: $20,990
Lancer XLS: $26,490
Lancer Ralliart: $37,990

The mid-grade Lancer LS ($20,990) gets all of the abovementioned features but swaps in leather facing seat trim with heated front seats and also features a 6.1-inch colour touch screen, smart key technology, electrically adjustable driver's seat and a reversing camera.

At the top of the tree is the Lancer XLS ($26,490) which like the VRX it replaces gets the beefier 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine worth 125kW. Other extras include a nine-speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system, automatic headlights and wipers, a larger seven-inch touchscreen with satellite navigation and SD card slot, plus 18-inch alloy wheels and sports suspension.

The Lancer Sportback model, essentially the hatch version, is only offered in one model grade dubbed GSR. It combines high-end features such as the bigger 2.4-litre 125kW engine, 18-inch alloy wheels, smart key, automatic wipers and headlights with a reversing camera and 6.1-inch colour touch screen. Like the sedan, it's paired with a five-speed manual and the CVT auto is a $2000 option. Pricing is $21,990.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution prices have been sliced and diced, with savings of $7000 on both manual and dual-clutch automatic versions. Originally priced at $59,990 and $65,990 for the manual and auto respectively, the Lancer Evo is now $52,990 and $58,990 respectively.

Tony Principe, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Executive Director of Marketing, said the 2015 model year Lancer delivers increased appeal and value.

"Lancer is already well known for its stylish looks, reliability and performance, so we’re focussing on refining the value of what remains an attractive small car range," he said.

"In April, we introduced two new variants and added the stylish Ralliart fascia to every model in the Lancer line-up. And we’re continuing to improve the value proposition by honing recommended retail prices and adding new features to boost Lancer’s appearance and safety," noted Principe.

To the end of July 2014, the Lancer has been Mitsubishi's third best-selling vehicle with 5301 sales putting it narrowly behind the ASX compact SUV (5312) and the Triton ute (10,325).

However in the small car segment the Lancer is the ninth best-selling model with 3.8 per cent market share for the first seven months of 2014. It lags behind league leaders Toyota Corolla (25,966) and Mazda3 (25,945), between them accounting for almost 40 per cent of the entire small car segment.

Mitsubishi will be hoping the price-cuts and equipment increases will reignite interest in its aging Lancer which has been holding the fort since 2007. It's offered with a five-year/100,000km warranty.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Damn!!! I wish these were available when I was looking for a Lancer :( such awesome value
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 pm

yeah, but look at the sales figures compared to the Corolla and the 3... both selling five-to-one!
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Cool but how can they really dub the sport back gsr when it is not awd not turbo like the previous gsr lancers

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Urgh still the same 5 speed manual.

Whilst the 4B11 is fantastic engine can we have a more modern transmission to pair it with?

North America gets a AWD option in the standard NA lancer why not here?

It's almost 2015 man !
In my opinion Mitsubishi will have to do better.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

himynameisdaniel wrote:Urgh still the same 5 speed manual. Whilst the 4B11 is fantastic engine can we have a more modern transmission to pair it with? North America gets a AWD option in the standard NA lancer why not here? Its almost 2015 man ! In my opinion Mitsubishi will have to do better.

And the uk gets a tdi option, agree with y

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 pm

himynameisdaniel wrote:Urgh still the same 5 speed manual. Whilst the 4B11 is fantastic engine can we have a more modern transmission to pair it with? North America gets a AWD option in the standard NA lancer why not here? Its almost 2015 man ! In my opinion Mitsubishi will have to do better.

And the uk gets a tdi option, agree with you totally

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

No Lancers in the UK anymore - all finished...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Dam, was hoping Ralliarts would be 35k. Oh well

But this shows that the club will last longer :)
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 pm

There doesn't even seem to be a definite plan for the Lancer's replacement. Rumours say it might share a platform with Renault/Nissan. The X will (sadly) be the last petrol Evo. They might build a hybrid replacement, but if ever they do, it won't be till about five years from now.

For now, let's be happy that our cars will remain the newest shape.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Still no mention on what the RA gets in additional features... ggrrrrr...
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:34 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:I think what used to be the luxury pack is now standard in MY14 RA. Not a lot else are there to put in. There are bits from foreign markets that we dont have. Perhaps they can add Recaro, TPMS, rear fog light, headlamp washer?

Not true. Doubt there is leather interior, or HIDs.... well there wasn't in 2014 anyway. No idea about 2015 model that's coming out this month. In the US, RA's come with HIDs now. :(
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

abc88
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby abc88 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Luckily they're not drive away auto price else I'd be annoyed being 2 weeks in my MY14.5

Good to see they're listening though, following up on complaints about the lack of mirror blinkers and the plastic trim interior.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”