***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2015 Mitsubishi Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:46 am

There are a number of things Mitsubishi put on their cars but dealers have no idea how they work, let alone serviced. Until now, the ACD in the RA is being advertised as being able to change front/rear torque bias at the push of a button, which is completely wrong.

They are massaging an outdated design with stuff that isn't really necessary. Steering reach adjustment would have been the one welcome change in the CJ's final year.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

shiv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby shiv » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:31 pm

The ESS is pretty handy just because it increases response time of drivers behind you. think about it.. you see a whole heap of flashing lights right in front of you, arent you inclined to stop too? also I'm not sure about what other dealers do when they go through cars with you, but when it comes to me I make sure i go through everything..

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:11 pm

squall wrote:...Until now, the ACD in the RA is being advertised as being able to change front/rear torque bias at the push of a button, which is completely wrong.

I thought that happened as part of the Tarmac/Gravel/Snow adjustment? - not user-selectable of course...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:35 am

Would love to have those side mirror indicators, I'll give you that.

This miiiiight be able to help with them selling more, but who knows really.
The changes are pretty good IMO ('sides from the VRX - XLS line name conversion, cmon..).

It's a shame though that we don't have the same features as the US models... I really would've loved seeing an N/A Lancer with AWD here. >.>
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:40 am

Dunno. By the time the AWD goes in, the car weighs over two tonnes - wouldn't be very quick with the standard engine - a VRX (not a fan of the XLS tag) would pull it off though...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 am

Zaphod wrote:Dunno. By the time the AWD goes in, the car weighs over two tonnes - wouldnt be very quick with the standard engine - a VRX (not a fan of the XLS tag) would pull it off though...

Yeah would've preferred them to be on a GSR/VRX if they did do it.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Soooo, who ordered the MY15 RA and have you been given an ETA yet? I haven't :(
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:57 pm

YOu still don't have your RA Thorsten? thats been a very loooong wait!!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

turbogirl wrote:YOu still dont have your RA Thorsten? thats been a very loooong wait!!

No. THey had no MY14.5 RA's in white when I ordered, so they said to wait for the MY15 to come in... which should be this month...
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi, I'm new here, but just noticed this discussion too... Ive been told the MY15 ralliart is not in till sometime in October... Been waiting a month already :cry: and was told same thing no MY14.5 left.

Paul

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:53 am

I guess I'm gonna have to wait a couple of years until Thorsten sells his before I get a MY15... :-)

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:51 am

pneill wrote:Hi, Im new here, but just noticed this discussion too... Ive been told the MY15 ralliart is not in till sometime in October... Been waiting a month already :cry: and was told same thing no MY14.5 left. Paul

A month huh? I've been waiting since June ;)

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:30 am

I won't be surprised if there all pre sold, there will be no more RA's after just like the Evo :cry: I wish I could afford to upgrade my RA to new or even better an Evo (never thought I'd say that being a RA lover but I got the bug after driving the Twatty Evo)
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:40 am

turbogirl wrote:I wont be surprised if there all pre sold, there will be no more RAs after just like the Evo :cry: I wish I could afford to upgrade my RA to new or even better an Evo (never thought Id say that being a RA lover but I got the bug after driving the Twatty Evo)

Its a big difference between Sal's Evo, and a stock Evo... Honestly, if you got yours tuned, and start making some mods, you wouldn't bother with the Evo

shiv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby shiv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:51 pm

lol ewww wish I had known I am sitting here staring at a white 14.5 RA right now haha :P

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”