***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2015 Mitsubishi Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Zaphod wrote:Also, and probably more importantly, the sales guy told me that MMAL are only bringing in 100 MY2015 Ralliarts, so if youre thinking about it... [/end of report]

Exclusive much?! No wonder I couldn't find one to test drive and had to order blind and to wait since April '14 to get one! Glad it was a MY15 now, was originally going to be a MY14, then MY14.5...

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:49 pm

I was hoping to get some seriously cheap end of model deals this year... after all they are flogging a 6-7 year old car now when all the competition has new models on the showroom floor.
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Beeble wrote:I was hoping to get some seriously cheap end of model deals this year... after all they are flogging a 6-7 year old car now when all the competition has new models on the showroom floor.

Define cheap, I got my RA for around 28k on the road

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:07 am

That's a bloody good price!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:26 am

I still think I paid a good price for my VRX, although it is annoying to see some used RA only 3-4k more :( but for me the killer with a turbo is the higher running costs and insurance which is 3-4 times that of the VRX.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:32 am

But a Ralliart goes WOOOSH and disappears down the road - surely that has to trump an insurance quote?

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 am

Lancer1993 wrote:I still think I paid a good price for my VRX, although it is annoying to see some used RA only 3-4k more :( but for me the killer with a turbo is the higher running costs and insurance which is 3-4 times that of the VRX.

How much you paying for insurance? Mine's about $750\year full comp with free hire car and yearly windscreen. Running costs are up there a bit, but you don't buy a RA to be frugal. I'm happy if I get 400k's to a tank and not looking forward to the services every 20k and 45k when oils etc need doing, but that's life in the fast lane I guess.

merlin wrote:But a Ralliart goes WOOOSH and disappears down the road - surely that has to trump an insurance quote?

LOL

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:46 am

Mine is about $500 through AAMI and I was quoted about $1500 for a RA, maybe next year I'll get some other quotes, suggestions?

Yeah the service costs with the auto are up there, lucky my (manual VRX) had its 90k service before I took delivery.

Maybe I need a better job, or more hours.

ThrillCosby
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ThrillCosby » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 pm

20 year old male here, I don't even want to think about my insurance if I got a Ralliart. Let alone an Evo!

Anyway, I genuinely think Mitsubishi would have a better time selling Lancers if they just upgraded the interior. I think a lot of potential buyers are turned off when they get in and go "whoa...ok. Plastic." and then get in a Mazda3 and go "mmmmmm yis, classy"

I love my Lancer but any more rattles and I'm gonna have to strip everything out and cover all the joins in foam or something! Not really loving the fact that I can bend the gearshift surround with 2 fingers...

That and a telescoping steering wheel.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm well over 20, don't know why they rates are higher for me I've been with AAMI for many years and have a top rating.

As for the CJ, yes the interior is a bit plastic, some like this especial with kids. But it also leaves loads of room for upgrades, if you know what you're doing. Would have loved better seats but my 09 VRX has the stock ones for that year.

Also surprised how expensive the after market sound system with touch screen can be given they stock now on all but the base model.

Do we have a thread the talk about what we would like on the next Lancer model, when they finally retire the CJ?

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:38 am

Craig, I hate to burst your bubble but is VERY LIKELY Mitsu will end the Lancer line with the CJ.
Talk for several years from the CEO et al in Japan is that they are focusing heavily on hybrid electric vehicles, namely a micro car and SUV,s and 4WD's ranges.
They may build a new Lancer for a 2016/17 or later release but that is far from a certainty.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 am

I thought the latest rumors was a car that would share the Pulsars chassis. Really hope the CJ is not the last and we get something new to look forward to in coming years with a range of hybrid and other engines.

But for now long live the CJ, lets see if they can make it a to its 10th birthday!

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 am

Lancer1993 wrote:But for now long live the CJ, lets see if they can make it a to its 10th birthday!

A car that hangs around unchanged for as long as the CJ has is NOT a good thing at all. Customers will leave and not buy as why should they stump $$$ for a car that has the same look and interior etc as a 2007 model when other manufacturers have had at least 1 new model cycle in the same time frame. Mitsubishi seem to make a habit of this, the magna ran virtually completely unchanged from 1996 to 2003, but the interiors stayed the same basic layout all the way to 2005! (the commodore ran the same basic shape from 97 VT - 06 VZ but at least they had slight redesigns and new interiors) I guess the GFC had some bearing on the CJ's extended life with the global economy etc etc, but end of the day it's an aging model that probably should've been replaced at least 3 years ago, I sometimes get annoyed\disappointed that my MY15 RA looks really no different to a lower spec car that could be upto 5 years old already.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 am

r00tc4u53 wrote:[quote:99feb131ec=Lancer1993]But for now long live the CJ, lets see if they can make it a to its 10th birthday![/quote:99feb131ec] A car that hangs around unchanged for as long as the CJ has is NOT a good thing at all. Customers will leave and not buy as why should they stump $$$ for a car that has the same look and interior etc as a 2007 model when other manufacturers have had at least 1 new model cycle in the same time frame. Mitsubishi seem to make a habit of this, the magna ran virtually completely unchanged from 1996 to 2003, but the interiors stayed the same basic layout all the way to 2005! (the commodore ran the same basic shape from 97 VT - 06 VZ but at least they had slight redesigns and new interiors) I guess the GFC had some bearing on the CJs extended life with the global economy etc etc, but end of the day its an aging model that probably shouldve been replaced at least 3 years ago, I sometimes get annoyeddisappointed that my MY15 RA looks really no different to a lower spec car that could be upto 5 years old already.

Totally agree there. Mitsubishi had budget issues since the magna days. They were hoping the 380 would help them but it was a flop really. So I guess they didn't spent money on design changes to save spendings... they kinda killed themselves off.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 pm

I agree it's not a good sign and maybe many customers in the know who would want a new CJ are getting a 5yo higher spec for way less knowing it's likely to run trouble free for many years, so why pay double just for that new car feeling?

I didn't like the look of the 380 when it first came out, but now it's grown on me.

I really do hope Mitsubishi get their act together and give us a replacement in the coming years with hybrid options with all the latest safety and toys.

After 10 years most others will have gone through 2 model changes. Ideally we need a sedan and a proper hatch, not a sports back to compete with other 'small' cars like the Corolla and Pulsar.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”