***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

how to avoid becoming a 'ricer'

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blakesynclair
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

how to avoid becoming a 'ricer'

Postby blakesynclair » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:00 pm

I have some planned mods for my 08 Lancer,
Since my car is only an ES its not exactly meant for "speed" and performance, but I'd like to add new nice nice rims (ROTA fighters), front lip, blacked out bumper grill and an interior head unit

Would this make my car a ricer?
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:15 pm

no.

Have a look on the mod forums, check out other members garages etc.

What you've mentioned there is just the normal 'first mods' that everyone does.
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Rowlesy6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Rowlesy6 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Can't say I've seen many of the later model lancers turn into ricers...I usually associate the term ricer with civics etc that are worked way beyond their limits and end up looking "riced"
Blue 09 Ralliart
///// /////

(cj-blue) *rockon*
Current Mods
- K&N Filter
- Evo X BOV
- Lenso D1R Wheels
- Evo X Wing/Spoiler
Upcoming Mods
- Coilovers
- Exhaust

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:45 pm

ricer would be evo look a like , just keep it clean and tidy and u will be fine , with that in mind , dont worry about being ricer because if you are happy with it and how the car looks then go with it its your car
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I thought you were being racist with the ricer word. But i believe it has another definition based on the above replies..

Like SIX said, you mod it how you want. But ideally dont make it look like a turbo unless it is a turbo imo
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

CakeMixJ23
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CakeMixJ23 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:18 pm

You would probably have to work really hard to make it ricer, like the others said if its the look you want go for it.

BTW what colour Fighters? :)
Jo's Madgius Dogilus Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=16183

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:18 pm

I wouldn't say those mods are ricer mods, ricer in my view is neons, outrageous body kits and wings and oversized droning exhausts on non turbos. OEM body parts aren't really ricer as they fit the car. If your mods are tasteful and are done well then it's not ricer really.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 am

IMO anything that changes the apperance of your car without a corresponding improvement in performance is 'rice'.

'Rice' arguably originally stood for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

My personal opinion is that many members on these forums, post author inclusive, prescribe to this form of modification, and enjoy doing so.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 am

i`m with Chi :) ^^^^^
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am

'riced' as defined by UrbanDictionary is:
"a souped up economy import (hence the term rice-d) sedan turned into astreet racing machine. They are usually covered in lame stickers, huge exhaust tips, huge spoiler, and lots of other sh!t all over them. See the movie The Fast and the Furious"

An NA Lancer with bodykit, exhaust enhancements, grille blackout, nice wheels etc. is NOT riced. It's called 'personalisation', and the Lancer is an excellent platform on which to do so.

If you want any solid advice, there are plenty of NA owners on this site that will be glad to offer help & suggestions.

It's your car, do what you want with it and ignore the haters~ :-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:56 am

so many definitions, lol.

the trick is to not give a damn about whether u can be labelled "ricer" or not :) and not worrying about varying definitions.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 am

id say a riced car is anything that gets covered in chrome, like chrome rims, chrome vinyl.... just everything chromed.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:04 pm

If it looks like this.....then you have a ricer
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Ricer can mean many things:

from stupid body kits (aheam lancer done up like an evo ) or body kits that just dont suit the car, ugly spoilers, chat tail lights, daytime running leds, blinding head lights, chrome wiper blades, coloured wipers, neons, led valve caps, stickers, badges, emblems, cut springs/heated springs, ugly chrome wheels, spinners, home made exhausts that sound like a lawn mower that can be heard from the next suburb away, paint jobs that cost more than the car, dvd players, sound systems that have more power that the engine it self, ugly interiors i.e bodgy home spray interior pieces, vinyl instead of leather and wrapping interior peices.....plus heaps of other crap, toys hanging from back of the car, cable ties holding the car together (NO its NOT drift, dori, jap, its plain UGLY) and big fluffy dice hahahahaha

if you where a jap car going to a euro/muscle/exotic/super car meet up you would be labeled a ricer,

if you where trying to line up a car that is not even in the same class as you, your labeled a ricer

IF you get beaten fair and square but you still insist your labeled a ricer and a stooge

if you try and talk smack about how great your car is your labeled a ricer,

if you dont know ANYTHING about your car and just paid someone money to do it up for you, your labeled a ricer

if you try to drift a fwd car your a labeled a ricer

if you put stupid modifications on the car that actully make it worse your labeled a ricer

if you use cheap parts (no not second hand, but the cheap crap that everyone knows fails and breaks, ie. racing steering wheels on ebay thgat bend when you push them) on your car your labeled a ricer

if you buy parts of ebay your a ricer!@

some other stuff i found on the net: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

Young punks that dress themselves, and their cars, for 9 second runs down the quarter mile when in reality they can't break out of the 17's!

A person, usually a male under the age of 25, who buys an economy car(or is given one by their parents in the hopes that they will be reasonable) and attempts to hide the fact that its an economy car with body kits and spoilers that creat more drag than downforce, yet somehow (supposedly) help with acceleration and handling in a Front wheel drive car. Easily identified by the distinct sound of an extremely pissed off bumble bee, and a familiar, yet hard to describe smell coming from the exhaust, easliy smelled 10 car lengths back.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”