***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Best fuel economy

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:38 am

My car lies to me.
With city driving its usually in the 8s but I know its using more fuel. Haven't done much calculations lately but city driving its chewing over 10lts/100 :( (kinda sad when ur cars using the same amount if fuel as ur partners xr6t)
I can get it down into the 6s but that's constantly watching it and driving like a nanna.
Last weekend was cruising around in the country where 90% of the roads are 110kms. Not sure what the numbers showed but when filling up I had done 580kms and only put in 45lts, so that's well n truly under 10lt/100. If only it stayed like that :)
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Keep those tires pumped at the recommended PSI level. carry a gauge or TPMS with you. you will be sometimes surprised at the values on those winter mornings.

Change your engine oil often and use a fully synthetic 5wXX or 0wXX

For those with auto's change your transmission fluid. at half the required service intervals. (big one)

Remove any and all junk from your car.

Use cruise control as much as possible.

Try to avoid idling. (massive consumption) change your route. you can do a extra 1-2 kms but not have to wait to turn right at an intersection for example. and still have the potential to be better off fuel wise.

Avoid braking. your wasting all that energy you just put in via the throttle.

Loose a few of those kg's stacked on over Christmas.

If you have made intake\exhaust modifications make sure you get it tuned so AFR isn't way out.

Stay off boost.

The CVT's seem to be most economical at 60-70km\h in which i get around 7.2-7.6.

chrisco92
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby chrisco92 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:13 pm

I had 5.6L/100km today driving Springwood to Clovelly going M4-M5

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:46 pm

shadow-vex wrote: How did U manage 76.8 on initial take off, Ive had mine say 100L+ on initial take off, and then went up as I left the street, and takes it time recalculating...

It just gets to a point where it no longer really bothers to show a number, it was when I first got the evo hills runs for everyone that I knew or trusted to drive it even before I could legally drive it my self , the first full tank lasted literally 100-150km and that was including the 20km trip home driving sensibly I have got just over 500km (I think that it was around 530) out of a tank before on the evo, usually get 350-400 around town not really driving all that conservatively (up to speed quickly than cruise)

himynameisdaniel wrote: Stay off boost.

But <3 Boost, Boost is fun
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

philsra
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby philsra » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:25 am

I'm with you boost is fun and my fuel is usually double figures mmmmmmboost where have I seen that lol.

Dam you N/A peoples get some good figures but I refer back to the first sentence lol

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:30 am

yeah, i`ll pay a bit extra for boost too, lol.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Shadowhawk1211
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Shadowhawk1211 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 am

i have manage 4.4l/100 on occasion but its not comfortable nor quick,
also when driving to townsville from coffs harbour i got 1100km's out of a tank of fuel, i thou i was paying attention to how i accelerated i wasnt doing 60 the whole way, sat 100-110 mostly, did alot of night driving as well and rarely stopped over the day and a half trip. was cheering i managed to get that much outta a tank.

Thou i do agree with you fellas, if i could have afforded an evo i would have and im sure my fuel usage would be crap as i know in a commodore at one point i was using 25-30l/100 :P

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Sorry to mine the thread, thought it was better than creating a new one. Worked my economy out to be about 13.3L\100 overall, can now get close to 400km out of a tank of fuel.

Question is, why is the lancer so called "trip computer" so crap? I can't seem to find a setting where it will not reset the fuel usage everytime the car is turned off\on or after certain amount of trips. No function for litres used, kms travelled, instant economy. Just a dodgy range forcast (worst I've seen is it saying 60kms when I had half a tank left)... my old magna had all the mentioned functions on it's trip computer.

I live in a hilly area, so of course the consumption is going to be crap to begin with if not a long trip, the arrow constantly lives on the right hand side of "20" on the stupid green\white line annoyance. Is there a setting I've missed to make the fuel economy function last more than 5 mins or for the one trip? Read the manual and seems there isn't, but it can't be that crap in 2015 can it?

Also thinking of getting one of these if all else fails: http://obduino.ca/ anyone else used something similar? just want an accurate measure of how much fuel is being used as can't rely on the car to tell me properly. Found out that when the "refuel now" comes on, I have about 10 litres left, but that's about it.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:06 am

I use a obdlink mx unit. its a lightweight and small factor unit with a bluetooth radio that pairs to my phone\tablet for logging.

But the onboard trip computer is quite lacking. with only speed average, fuel average, and odo with A+B memory, distance to empty is really conservative on mine at least.
you can reset the values by holding down the info button.

i use the above mentioned obd tool to log fuel rate in cc's, with an app called torque.
i can have a dedicated screen or customize a whole bunch of gauges and graphs.

but then again all manufacturers are guilty of the stupid CEL idiot light.
I'll leave that rant for another time.
Would love a car that's designed from the ground up for nerds.

I hear nothing but praise from Tesla........

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 am

2014.5 GSR (non turbo model) running 40PSI in the tyres.

6.8L/100km cruising about 80km/h with cruise on and air con. 6.4L with no air con.

7.1L/100km cruising 100/110km/h with air con off. 7.5L with air con on.

8.4L in town with traffic air con on. Not much change with air con off.
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

You know who you are :)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:57 pm

2007 MY08 VRX CVT

6.5L per 100km when i go to gawler every fortnight or so doing 80km-110kms

7.5-8.0L per 100km city driving and local driving and about the same if i put it sports mode
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm only getting around 10lt per 100km so far around town with short bursts on the motorway at 100/110. Maybe I need to stop 'racing' Subaru's at the traffic lights LOL
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

wolfeey152
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby wolfeey152 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 am

The day I picked mine up. I was driving like an absolute granny. My lancer is N/A and she read 5.3 On the first drive home :D now more like a constant 7.3 -7.6

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:17 pm

i got 5.4L per 100km on tuesday night CVT
Last edited by kay christensen on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker

(cj-red)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Short trips around town I'm still lucky to get below 10Lt/100km, I'm hoping for much better on the trip down to Adelaide later in the year. At least to average less than 8, less than 6 will be pushing it I think but I can't wait to see how it goes.

The best I've got in the past on a long trip was about 7 in my old CC coupe.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”