***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CONFIRMED: Evo X is the last Evo

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Woo Hoo hopefullt the evo x now retains its value even more :)

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:18 pm

'We can not do both environmental protection and sports car development at the same time'

What a load of crap.. other companies can do it..
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

The new GTR 0-100 in 2.0 seconds. I need more coin. I want one

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm

So amongst our many sales people here working at dealerships who can tell us when the last batch of Evo Xs will be produced for sale?
Me thinks many people here will be interested to get one of the last few rolling off the factory floor.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:54 pm

That new porsche that set a new nurburging record has better fuel economy than a prius with a petrol hybrid engine, so Mitsu is just making excuses. I think they've forgotten how make exciting cars.

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Id love to have one of the last ones Ofey. It is a good and a bad thing tho. I recon once this becomes public knowledge, watch the price of ALL evos start to rise, or at leas the X, as everyone thinks that they are "rare" which they are not lol.

But Maybe it wont happen, who knows. I doubt it will make the car worth more, maybe hold its value a little better, the limited edition ones might be worth a bit more?

CA
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:18 pm

My mate is a dealer principle at Mits and told me they may do an Electric one.

Rain
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Rain » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh well, time to save money towards a GTR then.. would take a while though *confused*

TheVeeMachine
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby TheVeeMachine » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Dire wrote:That new porsche that set a new nurburging record has better fuel economy than a prius with a petrol hybrid engine, so Mitsu is just making excuses. I think they've forgotten how make exciting cars.

That vehicle costs the better half of a million dollars, and is manufactured by a company that only produces performance-oriented cars.

What I understand from the decision:

Apart from the Evo X/Ralliart, Mitsubishi doesn't produce sports cars, and it hasn't competed in WRC for years, indicating they've changed their focus.

Mercedes-Benz in comparison has a whole division (AMG) set up to take care of their performance goals, and hundreds of millions to spend making their cars simultaneously faster and more fuel efficient to meet with stringent environmental regulations, as well as active racing interests (e.g. their new involvement in V8 Supercars). As a result they have cars like the A45 AMG which consumes less than 7L/100km - approximately half of what the Evolution X drinks, and that too at a similar price to the X and a 'premium' badge.

Mitsubishi Motors is just a subset of the Mitsubishi Group, and they probably don't see a strong enough business case to invest in research and development for a product that no doubt produces a miniscule amount of revenue in proportion to the Group's other endeavours. Even if they did, the money would have to come from somewhere, and that 'where' would be our wallets. How many people are willing to pay six figures for the next iteration of the Evo? The decision process for new consumers nowadays also encompasses much more than the good ol' WRX v Evo debate.

If they didn't spend all that money or end the Evolution moniker now, the next version might end up disappointing fans. I like to think that Mitsubishi are Breaking Bad the Evolution; and I'm fine with that.

Hopefully their final, special edition 'goodbye' Evolution will leave us all with a warm tingling sensation; and their developments in electric vehicles coincide with a future revival.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm

I have been a loyal mitsubishi customer never ever considered buying another car ... the evo x dosent excite me anymore everyone has them ... well seems too slowly becoming like xr5 focuses lol ... my next car won't be an evo x as I don't see it much of an upgrade from what I have now as far as dollar value I am 90% sure that I will be going european ... there cars are atm far more exiting and are showing an exciting future too ... subie and honda have some exciting cars coming out too ... I think mitsubishi is missing the boat badly
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”