***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CONFIRMED: Evo X is the last Evo

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Rain
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Rain » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 pm

I have had no issues with my Recaro seats at all. I have traveled interstate a few times and it never gave me any sort of back ache. However, Recaros in previous gen evos are not as comfortable.

I am not sure what my next car would be. If we are looking at the same price category, I find it hard to think of any car that is better than the evo in every aspect. Handling is the main reason why I chose the evo x and how mod friendly it is. I know the interior trim is a bit on the cheap side and rattles a bit, but I didn't buy an evo for those refinements. I read a lot about the car and did my research before I bought it, so I knew what to expect/ what I was getting from day one. So I didn't and won't complain about it. However, if you are having space issues, evo X is not the right car for you. Tiny boot is not gonna be that useful especially if you have kids.

For me though, the smile it puts on me face on windy roads is more than enough to forget all of those tiny issues.

Cheers

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 pm

The STI Spec R Recaros jizzzz

Im really liking the new 2015 WRX as well, despite all the hate from the internet

Interior is a hugeee upgrade for jap cars in general. This and the new Mazda 3 finally closing the gap interior wise compared to the euros
Last edited by chunky9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Yeah the regular rex has some pretty bad seats lol

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:The Scirocco is nice, good choice, cant say I rate the golfs, even the GTI is a bit too straight laced and old mannish/too serious/normal looking for me, hence why I like the Scirocco, has a bit more flare. I cant deal with the indicator being on the wrong side with euros, seriously shits me thats why I could never own one. I hated it in the Barina I had, couldnt wait to get back to a jap car so they were round the right way again. Same reason I couldnt consider a Focus even though I test drove one and it went ok. Hmm I love my recaros and dont find them uncomfortable at all, compared to a lot of aftermarket bucket seats theyre super cushy & comfortable, not hard and I love how tight they hold you in, I went in my friends 2 yo WRX the other day and theyve completely pretty much gotten rid of the bucket seat, they felt like sitting in my old ES seats after the recaros :lol: Theyre nothing like the ones in the 99/00 model, much more open but those were a touch too hard in my opinion anyway. Each to their own but I guess. I want my seat to do a job more than be comfy which is hold me in properly in the twisties! I couldnt believe the difference the Recaros made to driving the lancer, I thought I needed to upgrade sway bars, then when I installed them it was as if Id had that done! It wasnt the car that was rolling it was me! :lol: The euros will def have more room as you say which is obviously important to you seeing as you chose a sportback. I agree, I dont really think the Evo is the car for you based on fuel usage and the amount and way you like to drive and space considerations. Only thing is, what you save it fuel is going to prob be just as expensive, if not more so to service than the Evo. Euros are rediculously expensive on servicing and parts. Reckon youll be much happier with something like that as you say.

Well I drive a Golf R and that misconception of the running costs being more is not the truth nowadays... my car has capped price servicing for 3 years and is capped at $300.... the Euros only need to be services once a year or 15000km unlike the EVO which needs at least twice a year.... I chose the Golf R cuz its comfortable and is awesome fun.... Its also a very solid car and I feel safe and snug.... not too say the EVO isn't a 5 Star rated car as well.....

Euros are becoming more competitive now as compared to jap cars hence y many are making the jump..... The golf R is a subtle sports car which was y I went for it as opposed to the Evo which screams its performance on the exterior... not that anything is wrong with that

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

JoelT
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby JoelT » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 pm

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:36 pm

this is where mitsubishis heading or some what similar ... very un-impressed to say the least

http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/en/galle ... ex001.html
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 am

SIX wrote:this is where mitsubishis heading or some what similar ... very un-impressed to say the least http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/en/galle ... ex001.html

Square cars are in now guys... Right?

..........Right?

*crickets*

They want to save the environment so they make a car with the aerodynamics of a brick wall. Genius.

Mitsu are the new Peugeot.

Jason@DSG
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Jason@DSG » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:43 am

chunky9 wrote:The STI Spec R Recaros jizzzz [img:57fb2ed0e3]http://cdn.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/tcsti-recaro.jpg[/img:57fb2ed0e3] Im really liking the new 2015 WRX as well, despite all the hate from the internet [img:57fb2ed0e3]http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2014_subaru_wrx_overseas_01a-1121-450x240.jpg[/img:57fb2ed0e3] [img:57fb2ed0e3]http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2014_subaru_wrx_overseas_03_1-1121-460x272.jpg[/img:57fb2ed0e3] [img:57fb2ed0e3]http://i40.tinypic.com/dosww0.jpg[/img:57fb2ed0e3] Interior is a hugeee upgrade for jap cars in general. This and the new Mazda 3 finally closing the gap interior wise compared to the euros

The interwebz is full of people who can't afford that car and trash it because they'll never be able to own it. All they can do is pretend they're some expert sitting behind their PC in their parents basement lolz

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:37 am

*Sigh* maybe in a few years we can rename the site to ClubSTI?

Only joking, don't ban me

But seriously, it is very sad to officially hear this, but I think part of us all knew it was coming.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”