***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CONFIRMED: Evo X is the last Evo

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:11 pm

TheVeeMachine wrote:That vehicle costs the better half of a million dollars, and is manufactured by a company that only produces performance-oriented cars.

And? Take away all the little details that make it a supercar, and 50% or more of the power and base it off the chassis of a cheap economy car and it would be much, much cheaper.

They're going down the electric path anyway (or so they've been saying for at least 2 years even though they only have a single electric model), so if they knew what they were doing with electric motors then how hard would it be to make a hybrid with focus on power instead of economy? Plenty of other companies are doing it now. No, I can't think of any cheap ones, but Evos aren't exactly cheap, and neither are electric cars in general.

As far as I know the next lancer is still going to be petrol. Plus making an 'exciting' hybrid/electric car would be very good publicity if they're trying to sell electric vehicles.

Mitsubishi has made plenty of sports cars and has been so heavily involved in motorsport, and NOW they decide they want to focus on environmentally friendly cars? A bit late guys. Its so hypocritical...

Or, you mentioned AMG, then if Mitsubishi is going 100% environmentally friendly they should resurrect Ralliart as its own division (instead of just a badge) and tell them to go nuts.

They're going to run themselves into the ground, and on the off-chance they are successful then theres going to be Eco-Cars everywhere for us to get stuck behind. Theres no good outcome in my eyes.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:[quote:6896b02492=SIX]I have been a loyal mitsubishi customer never ever considered buying another car ... the evo x dosent excite me anymore everyone has them ... well seems too slowly becoming like xr5 focuses lol ... my next car wont be an evo x as I dont see it much of an upgrade from what I have now as far as dollar value I am 90% sure that I will be going european ... there cars are atm far more exiting and are showing an exciting future too ... subie and honda have some exciting cars coming out too ... I think mitsubishi is missing the boat badly[/quote:6896b02492] Yeah yeah, you change ur mind as often as ur underwear. Next week youll be saying your getting one again. :P Theyre nowhere near as common as wrxs, so on that basis then, subie wont be a great choice for u either if ur worried about rarity although I cant comment on Honda as I pretty much dont pay attention to anything they do cause they havent had a proper performance car for years, seems theres a warning there for Mitsi... Youd prob be best going euro as u say. Anyway, if Mitsi dont make another evo, they will be rarer & more sought after due to that.
WRX arnt rare ... its the WRX STI that are ... second to that the next WRX even though it looks like a whale is still exciting .... as far as change my mind on the evo ... no not happening ... its a nice and beautiful car .... but its not for me ... its pretty clear that mitsubishi are heading away from sports saloons like the evo ... you can hope that the evo X will become more valued but i dont think that will happen ... i think you will find cars like the evo 6.5 tommi makenin , will become more sought after, more than they already are as there are far less of them than the australian devlivers EVO X ... the evo X that will be sought after will be the FQ400 ... now that will hold its value ... the rest wont ... but i spose you can always hope
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Well I was in the same situation when buyin a new car... considered the EVO X, WRX STI and Megane RS 250 and Golf R... the A250 was thrown in the works for fun but meh not for me.... I drove all 4 cars.... tbh, not tryin to be snob or anything, the euros were more every day cars for me.... The evo had its charms and I loved it.... but what annoyed me was this car was gna cost more than double my lancer but had virtually the same interior bar the MMCS and Recaros..... bit of an annoyance to me since I want a whole new chge when I buy a new car.... Also the lack of a boot did push me away from it.... Also the Resale value on it wasn't that great but of course not as bad as the Renault (that thing's value drops like brick in a lake).... I chose a Euro cuz I wanted sumin more refined and different (hence y a hatch as well).....

Mitsu have obviously done their research and found that they needa go more mainstream to make more profits and want to do so thru a more unique branding.... Toyota was the first to go the green route with the prius and everyone hasn't stopped talkin bout it.... That's probs what Mitsu is after.... Yes an electric Evo would be blasphemy but don't knock before it even comes out.... Look at the Electric SLS AMG and the Tesla.... Yes they are stupid price points for comparison but the point is it can be done...

The evo is a good car.... Not the best thing ever made in the world as there are other choices out ther.... but still a head turner and I myself will be sad to see the full petrol one go.... And also yes the Makinen was my fav... had the chance of driving one a while back.... amazing fun that the new evo just cant reproduce.....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Syke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Syke » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 pm

5 years worth of production for the evo X which produces how many cars a year?? hardly a rarity. i can see there value eventually reaching the same level as IX with the SST equipped X being even cheaper.

but back to the main point....the hybrid/electric market would be quite large in Asian countries. but i couldn't see much demand in the rest of the world (Europe might but they have their own line of hybrids/electric)

I'm hoping Mitsubishi return to their performance line in a couple years time after they have finished messing around with this hybrid/electric nonsense :) I would be happy with just one model being turbocharged petrol, it would be enough to keep me invested.

Another point I would like to make is there is quite a few small engine turbocharged models starting to hit the market (as they can make more power with similar fuel efficency) and yet mitsubishi are moving away from the whole concept. seems odd to me
Syke
One step closer to owning an Evo

Google Is Your Friend! Learn to embrace it...
Check Out My Garage
http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1054

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:12 am

Lol there are like 8 Evo X here that I know of, about 20 if the current STIs and I don't think I have ever gone on a drive and now seen a Golf, GIR or R. See a lot more Holden's and fords then anything, but next to them, a lot of European cars, I think because everyone thinks they are rare, or expensive, they really arnt. I doubt I'll be selling my X any time soon, because I fail to see the point in spending twice as much for half the power because it has better interior, I didn't buy my car to lounge in.

Jason@DSG
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Jason@DSG » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:34 am

ofey wrote:So amongst our many sales people here working at dealerships who can tell us when the last batch of Evo Xs will be produced for sale? Me thinks many people here will be interested to get one of the last few rolling off the factory floor.

2014 will be last I believe, I think the 2014's have been made and I don't think there's a 2015 model in store.

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:15 am

You can get a evo 9 for $16 grand from japan... They cost 50 grand new... Evo X retaining its cost when it is massively more common? I doubt it
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 am

Why are people are saying they would not get an evo coz the interior isn't any different, coz I thought there was subtle changes and the seats get upgraded as the model gets better. And what car manufacturer changes their interior a lot in the same car?
So it seems like people are after comfort rather then sporting car, but when mitsubishi go down the comfort path people whinge they should make sport cars, not very clear what people want...
Boost life scrambles the brain

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 am

ohwell, nothing is forever.

i think they should go back to the original way evos were, just a hotted up lancer with 4x4 and a turbo.

the diffrence between lancer and evo is so radical that you wouldnt even conisder calling it a lancer
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 am

TrojanHorse wrote:^ Yeah I agree with this. The Recaros alone are worth the upgrade along with the handling. So what if the rest of the interior is the same? As josh said, theyre hardly going to make it vastly diff in the same model. My thinking was, I love my Lancer, so why would I want to get another make or model of car? Its pretty much the same car but way way better with being Turbo and AWD.
recaros are not that comfortable when compare to the euro's I sat and test drove a golf Rtoday ... i know know this will be the direction i will be heading ... so much more practical everyday and just as much fun as the evo ... looking at the sirroco too ... i think matching apples with apples the euros are a far better buy ... relatively same performance and power , more space in the euro , smaller than the evo and cheaper to run ... on paper the euros are a better car
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 am

When buying euros remember our climate is different to theirs, and tht europe can fit in oz land

Boost life scrambles the brain

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”