***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ACCIDENT!!!! :( ......The saga continues :(

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Glad you're fine Mark. That's the most important thing.

By the looks of the pictures it doesn't look like a write off.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Sorry to hear about the accident Mark :( & best of luck with getting it all sorted ..... Take care 8)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Thanks guys ill update u Monday with what's happening
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 pm

All the best Mark, I know how much you love your car and hope all goes well as easily / quick as possible! Best of luck man! :)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Sucks when that happens when you put so much time and effort in the car with all the bits and pieces.

Like I said on FB, I'd say it's probably a write off as the rail is protruding from the rear and looks bent. Even more so with the creasing in the wheel well. You can see the black rubber imprint from the spare on the wheel well wall. that must've been some fair whack! if you got engine mounts are bust, point that out to the assessor. How old the car, perhaps you might get new for old replacement?

If the car is making noises when running and getting "service needed" when turning the ACC ON position. DO NOT START THE CAR. You'll probably do more damage. Did you get the car towed home or did you drive it? How did it drive/sound?

Probably time to part out some of the bits not listed on insurance and hard to get non-standard items, like your HU and sub.

Best of luck and let us know how you go.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Pete is right

Hate to tell you but it MAY be a write off if/because..

You could have bent/twisted/ cracked the chassis.... and the suspension components could be all twisted or bent, axles could be cracked....a lot could go wrong that you dont know about....

You just have to prepare for the worst unfortunately...then it won't be as much of a shock. I know you don't want to hear that right now
I reversed into a trailer (boyfriends car trailer thank god) and I got so upset even though it was just a little scratch
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Yeah I drove the car home and it felt fine apart from the noise , yeah bit protruding is the tow hook those not the rail
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

LukeyBoi
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby LukeyBoi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Noooooooo! That gut sinking feeling!

The rear bumper foglight is gone :(

SchumieFan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby SchumieFan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:46 pm

The X wrote:Sucks when that happens when you put so much time and effort in the car with all the bits and pieces. Like I said on FB, Id say its probably a write off as the rail is protruding from the rear and looks bent. Even more so with the creasing in the wheel well. You can see the black rubber imprint from the spare on the wheel well wall. that mustve been some fair whack! if you got engine mounts are bust, point that out to the assessor. How old the car, perhaps you might get new for old replacement? If the car is making noises when running and getting service needed when turning the ACC ON position. DO NOT START THE CAR. Youll probably do more damage. Did you get the car towed home or did you drive it? How did it drive/sound? Probably time to part out some of the bits not listed on insurance and hard to get non-standard items, like your HU and sub. Best of luck and let us know how you go.

^THIS^

you punch in the spare wheel well = write off

DONT DRIVE IT

really hurts to see this mate, that was a stupidly nice car... strip whatever bits you can NOW!

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 am

Sorry to hear this dude.
The error code is most likely ASC\ABS related. and if it stays on your screen permanent (IE: cant change the display it after 30 secs of waiting and then mashing the info button) i would recommend a tow. as said in earlier posts.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:25 am

Ouch, from a fellow Sportback owner (we are a rare bunch amongst this crowd) that could appreciate you having one of the better tastefully modded examples on ClubCJ. EuroDM rear fog lights and all...

Please take care of your health first and foremost before attending to fixing up your car.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:34 am

BZC-45S wrote:Ouch, from a fellow Sportback owner (we are a rare bunch amongst this crowd) that could appreciate you having one of the better tastefully modded examples on ClubCJ. EuroDM rear fog lights and all... Please take care of your health first and foremost before attending to fixing up your car.
thanks mate I have pulled up fine today which is great , and I'm going to get that rear fog light fixed .... I'm staying positive and I think it will be fixed as it has not bent the chassis on the car I looked today and that's ok so she WILL be fixed hopefully

If not I do have a plan b
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

blinklight
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blinklight » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm

SUX big time :( The main thing is that you are alright. Insurance will take care of the rest :D
Last edited by blinklight on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annie's Merlinised Red Devil

Tac89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tac89 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Same thing happened to my commodore. It was all buckled around the wheel well and that caused it to be a write off. That sucks. But fingers crossed its all good!

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”