***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What is the most you've fuelled up?

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

What is the most you've fuelled up?

Postby debonaire » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 am

Just curious as to how empty people have ever run their cars?

A few times I've gone until the blue bar is completely gone and the warning flash speeds up.

Last night I went 8km in traffic after the fuel bar was gone, it took about 47L until the pump stopped and then I pulled the nozzle out and kept squirting until it was literally brimming at the top. It took 48.9L. This is the most it's ever taken, and I wonder how much more I had left in the tank.

Nominal tank size for the Ralliart is 55L.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 am

55 liters it took i was running on fumes lol vrx have a 59 liter tank??? not sure if the ralliart is the same
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 am

I've filled my old corolla's 50L tank up to 48.5L I have a photo of it somewhere

brent0013
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby brent0013 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 am

i once stretched my tank so much it went past the point of 'you need to fuel me, ok ill leave that with you' warning
to 'fuel me now you dumb arse, im not leaving till you do'... and 15km beyond that
so i had maybe a litre in the tank coming back from Brisbane

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 am

I go to the second fuel warning all the time, or at least to the first one. :? I don't understand the point of fuelling up early...

I did about 30km past the second warning (drove to and from work) and put in 54.something liters. Theres nothing risky about going past it, its predictable. I won't go further than that though, incase I have bad luck and the servo is closed or something.

I'm pretty sure our cars can't use the last 2 or so liters either.

And yes ralliarts and evos have smaller tanks, which is hilarious when they use a lot more fuel.

chukatsung
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chukatsung » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am

47.6L
Most of the time it comes to 46.xL
I make vinyl stickers!
PM me for details
Or Click here to visit my Facebook page

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:19 am

most i have ever put in is 54 litres. i quite regularly get it down to to second flashing fuel light as im lazy n stingy and dont like having to stop to put fuel in. i mainly do short city driving where trips r no longer then 20kms so i know most times im good and theres usually always servos close by.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 am

going through all my records it seems 43.54L is the most i've filled up. Petrol stations usually involve a detour in peak hour traffic for me so I fill up at the one's close to work or close to home. Any that are on the way I'd need to travel out of my way adding extra distance and time.
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am

I could never stretch this anymore than the second warning light. Most I ever filled was 47.xx litres.

I don't like the idea of sediments at the bottom of the tank and stuff getting sucked into the fuel system, also less fuel pressure when there is less fuel in the tank.

But the main reason I fill early is because I hate the low fuel warning sounds combined with the dash warning.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 pm

I nicked my dads 20L Jerry can because i was interested in how much i could possibly get out of my tank.
When the fuel got extremely low i started driving with the fuel can in the car determined to have the system run out so i could get an semi accurate reading.

the car ran out of petrol at 763kM.
Which is not bad considering i would normally chicken out and run for fuel when I've done about 650-680KM
It was 4am so there wasn't anyone on the road.
Now this is purely based on my driving to and from work and on-call (sometimes cruising at 60-80km/h with no traffic and 100% green lights at 3am and some times start stop)

Allot of things can influence the final score. Your results may vary quite considerably.

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 pm

I done 40km from the 2nd warning. Wagga in wagga and no fuel stations open at 12oclock on the public holiday. But I made in back. :)
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

Alixxandar
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Alixxandar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm

I once had the * first * fuel light come on with what it said was 50km left in the tank, then kept driving. The * second * warning came on (the one where you have to hold info to get it off the screen) and I then drove another 72km.

Filled my car up when I got home, 56.2 litres (filled right up until it nearly dripped out) and $92 later.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Christ Alex, I think you're winning - 72km after second warning!

It's 16km for me between home and work, so I usually run down to the first warning and then fill up, but depending on what fuel vouchers I have and what side of the road the servo is on (and whether I feel like stopping), it can stretch out a bit :P. Good to see Mitsubishi appear to be very conservative in their warning and I can probably make a whole home-work on second warning.

Alixxandar
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Alixxandar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 pm

debonaire wrote:Christ Alex, I think youre winning - 72km after second warning!

Yeah, it wasn't my best idea ever. I left Rockingham here, and shortly after it came on. The next servo was well, 72km away. Actually 25km away from my house so my first post wasn't completely accurate.

As any WA member will tell you, heading down south from Perth, the servo's are few and far between.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”