***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Insurance

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

just SC
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby just SC » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:16 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:[quote:cc6ddc1b33=just SC]So with insurance companies you have to ask them to cover additional modifications? I told NRMA about mine they said its fine, you dont have to tell us about it. But make sure its legal or else we wont cover you. T.T[/quote:cc6ddc1b33] All you have to do is just increase the agreed value for the mods you want to cover. Id be a bit dubious about the make sure its legal or we wont cover you, Im sure theyll happily try one on and decline your claim any which way they can for any reason they can dream up, however, Id like to see them legally justify, if you rear end someone and try and blame your noisy non-EPA complying exhaust for reason to decline cover. Im sure some legal representation experienced in contracts, would set them straight quick smart.

Thats what I thought Ill prob stick with NRMA. Woot for $103 p/m insurance for an under 25er. $19,500 agreed Value of insuring my car should be enough =p

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:17 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:[quote:cc6ddc1b33=just SC]So with insurance companies you have to ask them to cover additional modifications? I told NRMA about mine they said its fine, you dont have to tell us about it. But make sure its legal or else we wont cover you. T.T[/quote:cc6ddc1b33] All you have to do is just increase the agreed value for the mods you want to cover. Id be a bit dubious about the make sure its legal or we wont cover you, Im sure theyll happily try one on and decline your claim any which way they can for any reason they can dream up, however, Id like to see them legally justify, if you rear end someone and try and blame your noisy non-EPA complying exhaust for reason to decline cover. Im sure some legal representation experienced in contracts, would set them straight quick smart.

Testing double / nested quotes...

Edit: OK nested quotes are broken, Mattigins has been advised...
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

SpeedDemon
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby SpeedDemon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:34 am

I'm with NRMA, and paying $640 (excess $800) a year. Not bad, considering I'm 22 and have a new VRX, agreed at $29990. If I was to buy a 2010 VRX, the premium jumps to around $1200. Doesn't make sense, but can't complain.

lachies24
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby lachies24 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:10 am

I have just started playing this game again for my comprehensive, and i have absolutely no idea how these insurance companies come up with their quotes!
22yo male on the nth shore of Syd the cheapest (out of the more reputable companies) i can find is NRMA.
With an agreed value of $19,500 and an excess of $1,000 + 400 age excess my quote came to $911. Most were more around the $1200 with QBE asking some $2200

Crazy!

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Lachlan you are a giant risk that some companies aren't prepared to underwrite.

If you want a quote based on you alone, go to a broker. If you want premiums based on other 22yr old males, based on your area, based on your car etc then you need to be prepared for some outrageous premiums..
Love that car!

lachies24
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby lachies24 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Hey Phil,
Yeh I understand that, Ive seen some of my mates drive :)

Im quite happy with NRMA's quote of $911 for me and my situation, although I should mention that I have a completely clean driving record and 5+ yrs since i got my licence.

I have never used a broker before, but its probably a good idea to try that out - cheers for the tip!

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:41 pm

LOL - yes dam young kids :P

It's a shame because I was in your boat and still have never been in an accident that has been my fault ( touch wood!!! ) yet I have paid my fair share of insurance premiums :(.

$900 isn't bad at all considering...
Love that car!

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 pm

$900 for a 22yo is great i pay $79 a month at 35 yrs old and it only goes down to $850 if i lump sum it.

I admit my excess was only $450 up until i just did a at fault claim last month, but it is only up to $550 now and after 3 yrs without a at fault claim goes back to $450....

RibbandsJM
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby RibbandsJM » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi guys, I pay $480ish for comprehensive, and i'm 22

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 am

RibbandsJM wrote:Hi guys, I pay $480ish for comprehensive, and im 22

Look at were you live but :P

If you can, do a quote with your current insurance company with all your details and put the car as being kept at 2000 or 2200 if you want a really bad price.
Love that car!

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:23 am

RibbandsJM wrote:Hi guys, I pay $480ish for comprehensive, and im 22

thats pretty good.

mines ~$850 for comprehensive with RACV inc window replacement.

but due a couple of incidents in 07, me being 22 and a suspended licence, my excess is a ridiculous $1950.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:28 am

I'm close to 2200 (Bankstown, NSW) and that's affecting my premium a fair bit. I think there are so many claims in this area that the likelihood of an accident is several times the average.

lachies24
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby lachies24 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 am

Michael you are a lucky man, I pay more for CTP than you do for comprehensive......darn Sydney prices!

Interesting note on my insurance, I called GIO (my current insurer) and gave them all the details of the NRMA quote which was about $300 cheaper and they matched and beat NRMA by about $50.

If your shopping around and find a decent price.....it might pay to run it by your current insurer to see if they will match or beat.

Btw Dave, I didnt know you could option a $1950 excess, I was told no higher than $1,500, but then I have to add the $400 age excess.....so same thing really.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”