***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Did you get a PM requesting your details? - SA members.

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Did you get a PM requesting your details? - SA members.

Postby The X » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 pm

I've had complaints that aspir3 (Troy) has been sending unsolicited PMs requesting people's personal details.

IF you have received such a PM - please do not respond or provide your details. Troy is not an moderator and does not have any official role with the club currently.

The only person that you should be volunteering that information to is "shamoo" (shannon) or myself or the club treasurer.

Further investigation are being conducted and I'll have more updates as they come to hand.

To all club CJ SA members I am PMing all SA members as I would like to update the SA details. We have many new members that have joined this year and I have not been updating my records. I use to share the details with Shannon too as she was SA mod.

To let the new members know I use to be the last State senior moderator. Due to different circumstances which I wont go into now I chose not to continue this year. Part of my duties as Senior moderator I kept a record of all SA members details so I could keep in touch as many members were not very active on the forum.

When I organised a cruise or meet I would PM, email and put notices on Facebook and of coarse Club CJ.

I now have more time and want to start to get SA back to where it use to be. SA use to be one of the most active states for meets and cruise. We use to have many cruises that were different. Meets like bowling, go-carts, BBQ's etc. If I have your details then I can start to organise cruises and events that suit your interests and location.

I dont need to many personal details, just a few to help.

Can I please have?
[b]Suburb
Email address
Mobile number
Facebook username.

To the members that dont know we have a CCJ SA facebook. As it is an excellent way to inform members of cruises and meets.

If you want to join please send me a request, to Troy Helbers.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh so glad I don't live there, sounds really creepy :s

Sushi
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sushi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 pm

=\ I replied to it last night.....

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:14 pm

I got it but didnt reply.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 pm

I also got the PM too, but have not replied!

Micoa
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Micoa » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:02 pm

yeah i've gotten the pm, but i was too tired to reply...

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:The only person that you should be volunteering that information to is "shamoo" (shannon) or myself or the club treasurer.

I know Shannon is a lovely person and has often organised and assisted Aspir3 (Troy) in the past when she was a Committee member.

I'm confused :? .... why should the SA members only be offering their Info to Shanon.

She is no longer the SA Committee Member since the last Elections, she's only a Premium Member like Aspir3.
Nominations 2012 sub-forum now open for public viewing

Wasn't Dirtee aka Timmy appointed jurisdiction over SA .... ?

Please don't get nasty with me Pete .... I'm only just asking Politely.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Your post again is based on a false premise. Seems to be a bad habit of yours?

It strikes me quite odd that that's the same line of questioning I had from Troy when talking on the phone. We all know you two are like two peas in a pod, joined at the hip, right? So I highly doubt that your line of question is any weird co-incidence, I suspect you're co-ordinating amongst yourselves. So it's understandable you're backing up your buddy. Pretty poor form he has to rope in his wife to fight his battles and now you come trundling along for a go too.

No one said they should offer their info to anyone. I said they should only volunteer info to authorised people if it asked of them if they choose too give it.
Troy is not.
Shamoo is.
Difference.

However it is wrong for Troy to request information claiming it to be for "official" ClubCJ business. The analogy is an ex-employee contacting clients from their old company. A big no no. The way the email is even worded gives the impression that it's for official business. Troy is not a co-ordinator, so collating people's details en masse is really none of his business. It's inappropriate and I've made it clear to Troy as such.

I've had a few members PM me and they feel they've been duped. That alone is grounds enough to notify members about the PM and to not respond to the PM. At the end of the day, I have to look after member's welfare.

In answer to your question:
VRX_Pete wrote:Congratulations to Tim our new ACT rep and Shane who takes on the role as MLO. Both will also be part of the committee. Also I like to congratulate Shannon who will be working in a co-ordinator capacity to organise meets and events in South Australia.

Source: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=242135#242135

SAM-24A wrote:[quote:a3cf82734e=VRX_Pete]The only person that you should be volunteering that information to is [b:a3cf82734e][color=yellow:a3cf82734e]shamoo (shannon)[/color:a3cf82734e][/b:a3cf82734e] or myself or the club treasurer.[/quote:a3cf82734e] I know Shannon is a lovely person and has often organised and assisted Aspir3 (Troy) in the past when she was a Committee member. Im confused :? .... why should the SA members only be offering their Info to [b:a3cf82734e][color=yellow:a3cf82734e]Shanon[/color:a3cf82734e][/b:a3cf82734e]. She is no longer the SA Committee Member since the last Elections, shes only a Premium Member like Aspir3. Nominations 2012 sub-forum now open for public viewing Wasnt Dirtee aka Timmy appointed jurisdiction over SA .... ? Please dont get nasty with me Pete .... Im only just asking Politely.

ImageImage

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 am

==REMOVED TROLLING==

Perhaps her Avatar Status should show her as a Cruise Co-ordinator.

BTW .... Congrats Shanon :D .... Your doing a Great Job .... *thumb*

Regards: Sam

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 am

==REMOVED==

MrsAspire
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MrsAspire » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am

Pete, you are clearly nothing more than a bully. Why wasn't your comment "edited" or "deleted" in reference to your statement about me. You clearly have an issue with Troy and Sam and are always attacking them for voicing their opinion!! Surely if you want to be in some form of leadership roll, you should be able to handle criticism!!

I find it also a bit disappointing that none of the many people that Troy has helped over the years to install mods or give advise have stood up for him. I'm sure they think the same as Sam, but feel hard to express their opinion because you will cut them down.

Lastly I think we all know Troy well enough to know that Troy can defend himself, a little hard now that he has been banded pending further investigation. That in itself is laughable and pathetic!! You saw his PM, he rang you to resolve the problem, case close I would have thought!!

This is Nina NOT Troy, I am happy to discuss this matter if you wish to ring me.
My husband chose an ugly Champagne car that sounds like a cow.

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am

Haha the wife steps in Lmao

MrsAspire
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MrsAspire » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 am

Gee...is that a crime? I would stand up for anyone especially if they are close to me, I thought that was human nature or are you the type to walk past someone and kick them while you done.

I am only a member of Club CJ, because SA was very involved with including members partners and families!!

I would stand up for any of the SA members I know, as they are all important to me, we offer more than a cruise!!
My husband chose an ugly Champagne car that sounds like a cow.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Nina, thank you for your words.

I do note that you never are on these forums, and up until now you've logged in, 4 entire times, that's it! Your last post was in June, so ergo you are not very up to date with the affairs around ClubCJ or have much an idea about anything around here.
So it doesn't take a very intelligent person to to form a view that you probably only know what you been told second hand by Troy, who would hardly be considered impartial, especially being that he is an aggrieved party. I think that's not an unreasonable conclusion to arrive at, yes?

I don't know you at all, and likewise you with me. So I find it strange you have such a strong views about me. I can only guess you've based this on what Troy has told you, which would be quite biased to say the least.
I think the statement about you stands. If you were a regular, perhaps the statement I made, could be considered a point of conjecture. However you're not a regular at all. So it's mighty odd you only swoop in when Troy has gotten himself into a bit of a bother.

I'm sure you are a nice person and you mean well, trying to help hubby. However logging in after such a long period of absence to make such glowing positive statements about your husband, you come across as a bit misguided. Most wives would have a very positive skewed do-eyed view of their partner, and I'm sure you are no exception to this. So I'd have really question whether you are in the right position to make any informed factual statements about how your partner and (since you brought it up) Sam conduct themselves online and offline in matters relating to ClubCJ.

I need to correct you though. Troy isn't banned. His account is parked and suspended pending further investigation and enquiries. This is not an unreasonable course of action to take. It's happens regularly in the real world where people are stood down temporarily pending an outcome of an investigation. This is no different. It is true, however I did use the ban feature yesterday for a little while, as it's the only way I could get a message to Troy on his next login to get him to call me as it present a "ban message". I don't have his number and I wasn't sure if he had retained mine. There was no other sure way to get a message to him. It was the only way, and I see nothing wrong with that method of communication. I surely could not PM him as he wouldn't be able to login when his account is parked. I also had to safeguard member's details and prevent him accessing his PMs.

May I suggest you talk to some of the past MLOs, admins and moderators about Sam and Troy. You might learn something new about them. However if you only want to base your views on only one side of the story, you're free to continue to do so, but that's your folly. Not mine.

I'll make this concession to you Nina and say this. Troy WAS a good contributor in the distant past. However we are dealing with the now. Troy is nothing but a constant annoyance to many members on the forum. So it's no wonder you don't see many people piling in to defend, people are fed up or just don't want to be associated with either. Think about that for a sec. Perhaps the story is not so cut and dry as it has been presented to you by Troy.

ImageImage

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”