***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Fined for driving too close to a cop car

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am

Many years ago, I worked out how long it would take you to legally overtake a car travelling at 105kph when you were going 110kph and leaving 3 second gaps.

It was over 2 minutes and would take more than 4km to complete.

DaReeD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby DaReeD » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:31 am

Yeah good lesson for every1 on here lol learn from my mistake.

I just rang the number on the back of the fine to cancel the online court request that I submitted yesterday because I was just so angry, to cancel the court letter to be sent. The lady told me that it's not even on their system yet and I hav to wait for the cop to do the paper work for it to show on their system.
She gave me an advice and said send them a letter for an appeal. But because I've only had my lisence for 5years she said court might be a better option if I still wanted to go through with it but she said send them a letter anyway and they are going to see Wat they can do. She also gave me a number to call for a free legal advice so I'm going to ring that later on after work.

Ofey, it was just a really really really long one lane road, there was over taking lane for a few k's but I thought I was doing the right thing and just stay on the left lane and not over take the cop because when there's over taking lane he intended to drive faster than the speed limit so I just stayed below it and when it turns to single lane then he was doing 90 on 100.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:46 am

That's good Johnry what you have done so far in ringing up & getting advice :smile: And in your letter say what you have just said here about the way the Police was driving
DaReeD wrote: it was just a really really really long one lane road, there was over taking lane for a few ks but I thought I was doing the right thing and just stay on the left lane and not over take the cop because when theres over taking lane he intended to drive faster than the speed limit so I just stayed below it and when it turns to single lane then he was doing 90 on 100.

But when you write to them say " Police " NOT Cop ...Sounds Better

8)

To me It sounds like he was playing with you :roll:
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

DaReeD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby DaReeD » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 am

Yeah I think he was just waiting for me to do something wrong just to get me :S and you know what after he got me he just turned around and went the other way -.-

DaReeD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby DaReeD » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah I know it's just easier to write cop on here :)

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 am

DaReeD wrote:Yeah I think he was just waiting for me to do something wrong just to get me :S and you know what after he got me he just turned around and went the other way -.-

You got it in one there Johnry :evil:

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

JoeJoe
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JoeJoe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm

There is a lot of parked cars on the side of road on the Gold Coast with Yellow Slips in windows (Defected)..So look out peoples as Qld Police maybe on a defect Blitz ATM... *mod*
VRX 18" GunMetal Mag Wheels (TBA)
Whiteline 24mm Rear Sway Bar & Front Strut Brace
Reverse camera & Painted red calipers (+5Kw)
Carbon fibre Dash, Trim & B pillars Wrapped
LED Parkers & interior lights
Bonnet Gas Struts
Greddy Exhaust (coming soon)
BC Racing Coilovers (coming soon)

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:09 pm

JoeJoe wrote:There is a lot of parked cars on the side of road on the Gold Coast with Yellow Slips in windows (Defected)..So look out peoples as Qld Police maybe on a defect Blitz ATM... *mod*

Good to see, the condition of cars in Qld is basically third world. It blows my mind that in this state you never, ever have to have a road worthy inspection unless you put a car up for sale.

I reckon at least 10% of cars would fail inspection just on tyres alone...

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 am

debonaire wrote: Good to see, the condition of cars in Qld is basically third world. It blows my mind that in this state you never, ever have to have a road worthy inspection unless you put a car up for sale. I reckon at least 10% of cars would fail inspection just on tyres alone...

The same is true here. VicRoads, the equivalent of RTA, is happy to just reel in the revenue on registration renewals. Roadworthy testing is only required if you're selling the car. Even so, I'm wondering if I should drive in Gravel mode given the road conditions here.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Seriously mate, tailgating is dangerous, and 2 car lengths is nowhere near a big enough gap for you to be able to stop safely if the car in front had to stop for an emergency. There's a good chance that if they jumped hard on their brakes, you wouldn't even have time to reach your brake pedal before you hit them - probably shunting them off the road, or worse, into oncoming traffic. Not too smart.

Secondly, if you're near a cop car on the road, the simple rule is to be on your best behaviour. Don't overtake, don't tailgate, don't anything. Pretty simple really if you want to avoid getting tickets.

If the recommended gap is 3 seconds -> 75 metres. If you were really following at 5m, that's less than 7% of the recommended gap. I can't see you talking your way out of that ticket. Take your medicine, pay your fine, and maybe try dropping back a second or two from now on. Might save you from killing someone later on.

* was a defensive driving instructor for 5 years.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Markh
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Markh » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:16 pm

I've had my car turned inside out on the side of a highway...i wasn't speeding im registered with ctp and norm insurance. All buckled not drunk kids in appropriate seats and places. In the end i get a warning cause my number plate is faded. I'm a firm believer there is a side of the police force that is revenue driven.

Eat it and trump it up to lifelesson

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Markh wrote:Ive had my car turned inside out on the side of a highway...i wasnt speeding im registered with ctp and norm insurance. All buckled not drunk kids in appropriate seats and places. In the end i get a warning cause my number plate is faded. Im a firm believer there is a side of the police force that is revenue driven. Eat it and trump it up to lifelesson

was this recent?

because the cops are cracking down on faded, hard to see numberplate, due to the new cameras in the cop cars that do the rego checks.
my partner got warned the other day while in a RBT.

Markh
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Markh » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Did they find anything they could or was that the reason she was pulled over?

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:51 pm

just pulled over for a RBT, then told her that they are cracking down on visibility of numberplates. (told her to just paint the letters) this is on a Rodeo and the numberplate its chipped and faded.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”