***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ESC HELP!!!

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

ESC HELP!!!

Postby driftnut(( » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:41 am

Hey guys as some may know i scored a full VRX/RAlliart interior the other day, anyway after I installed them and wired them up with the air bad leads (car never had them) i sued all the right leads that were already there my now throws up an ESC service required light on HUD WTF???
so my question is could this be caused by the seat wiring? any help is good

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:30 am

Your SRS-ECU is probably have a freak out, as it now sees two "foreign" inputs, i.e. the two airbags in the seats that you installed. They were not there before, it's done it's POST/power on self test routine and gone "uh-oh, this aint right" so to err on the safe side, thrown an alarm.
I assume the SRS-ECU from factory has only been programmed to know that it has only certain air bags available to deploy, not the full lot as you would find in a VRX. So unless the SRS-ECU is able to accept the new airbags as "available" - perhaps disconnect the battery for 20 mins and see if doing a fresh start up might set it right, else you will need to take it to the dealership for them to reprogram the SRS-ECU to tell it has extra airbags that it can use and deploy in an "event".
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 am

thanks pete i thought that may jave been the case

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

MrMuppet
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MrMuppet » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:32 am

what are you doing with your old interior??
My CJ is the best. "Why??" It has 3 DVD Players :)

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:16 pm

already got rid of it

MrMuppet
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MrMuppet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:07 pm

ok :(
will keep looking :)
My CJ is the best. "Why??" It has 3 DVD Players :)

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

doesn't mean i can't help you, PM me what you need, also small update i realized what it was that was setting the error up lol i took the tail lights out and cleaned them up and then re wired them up wrong and being the first batch of the LED style it set the error

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”