***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ Site Entry Screen

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ZERO COOL
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ZERO COOL » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Idk why members are worrying about profits. Are you serious? This is a community, not a company thats selling anything. How selfish can one be to actually bring up profits? Donations are good to keep the site running, and to produce decals and any other merchandise CJ whats to produce. IMHO ofcourse.

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:Mitch, flaming/offensive language is against ClubCJ Rules (if we must go there).

However the sentiment is heard.

sorry guys ill keep my trap closed and choose more appropriate words nxt time my bad :oops:

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Tis all right mate, just lettin ya know. And Zero - totally agree with ya, 'ey.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:

Heres your main problem. By joining this site, you agreed to a set of terms and conditions. By clicking 'I accept' (and if you're like me, you probably didnt even read them, but thats actually irrelevant), you effectively signed a contract.

I checked this when you click sign up. Mentions nothing about copyright etc. Even so those terms and conditions don't actually hold water at the end of the day.

Personally, I am not trying to make a fuss about this - I'm just pointing out a severe flaw in the "rules". Copyright is copyright, unless you fill out the appropriate form to have copyright transferred to someone it belongs to the person who took the photo. No matter what kind of clause you have (as this can get pretty ridiculous - it is happening with facebook right now. What is to stop the hosting company that hosts ClubCJ to have a clause that states anything that is hosted on their servers becomes their property....what if the land their servers are on are leased....whats to stop the owner of the land then having a clause to state that anything on that property becoming their property after x amount of time - see where I'm going with this? It can get quite ridiculous which is why there is the Copyright Act to stop this sort of thing being taken advantage of).

I believe the point CatP was trying to make is a matter of respect - ask permission before using the photos. I'd say 99% of the time you'll get a "yes that is fine", but the question does still need to be asked - especially if you are dealing with professional photographers who make their income from their photos. Why do you think you're not allowed to use the Mitsubishi logo? Same reason - the own the copyright and it is their property.

Anyway enough rambling. If I had any photos up I personally wouldn't give a rats about it, but that cannot be said for everyone regardless of whether we're talking about photos of a tin of baked beans or a car on a forum about barbie dolls.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Ok point conceded about the photos themselves. Unfortunately - non of the photos are yours, and insofar, NOT ONE PERSON has voiced an objection to their photo being used.

I was attempting to reduce the conversation to two parties, both with an interest in the issue. I.e. ClubCJ (me) and you. I didnt intend to critiscize Daveee.

Well don't use watermarks then, I cant control how you produce your photos. Are you going to send me an invoice if I print em out and stick em on my wall though? Or perhaps post em up on my FaceBook page as a Lancer tribute album? Coz I dont like invoices too much. I'm sure our valued donations could cover it though. Although that would be in YOUR commercial benefit, so how you can say we are operating as a commerical entity I can hardly see.

Lastly - This website, does not, for the final time, have commercial interests. We have banner ads because we can, we dont recieve any revenue for leasing the space. We do it as a favour to Shadows and AutomoGlow. Btw - Considering all the free stuff Shadows gives the site, he definitely deserves a little advertising space.

As for sponsors - The sponsor is the entity with commercial interests, NOT ClubCJ.

As for a logo - what kind of club doesnt have a logo?

As for flyers and new members - our club has to keep growing somehow. Whats wrong with having more members? Its not commercial to have more members, as we are not taking their money.

For the last time, THIS CLUB IS NOT A COMMERCIAL ENTITY!

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm bored but thats a good read....
We need to bitch more, gets more posts up....

CatP.... we won't use your pics (not that we did anyways)

daveee.... I agree with above, but if you join up and the rules say something and you dont agree/do then you breach terms.. which means out. (im not saying leave)

mitch.honey.... Love you long time

Josh_Emerton.... Love you longer time

Ps..

If it makes you feel better I have deleted all pics of your car that I have saved on my computer....

What? yeah i save pics of peoples cars.. Why? because.....
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Daveee

I hadnt actually checked that info - I just assumed the Club Rules were duplicated in the terms I clicked 'I Accept' to. I didnt read em remember.
Thanks for correcting me. I'm sure Aaron will find the time to correct that little mistake.

If you dont give a rats ass, then why contribute to the fuss? It's big enough already. And if CatP would actually give a yes thats fine, then why is he/she (not sure) racking up a fuss. Simple - he/she wouldnt. Therefore, we wont use her/his photos. His/her loss. this is getting annoying now with the / thing.

Again - I repeat myself, Adrian and Pierre when we said we would be (are, in Adrians case) honored to have our cars as ClubCJ showpieces. I just dont understand why people are so anal about it on the other end of the spectrum. Its just a photo, its not a commercial reason, its just to make the site look good. you joined the site, why not support it? This is getting a little like the 'tokmaster defense'.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:52 pm

Josh will suffice Pierre lol.

And fair point, I'll look to see if I have any of Cat's. I know I have some of skunk/anti skunk, NarWhals, Adrians, Pierres, Ozies etc

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:54 pm

I wouldn't give a rats if my images were used - that is just me. Infact I'd be pretty happy if my car (when it finally bloody arrives!) was put up on this website for all to see who visited. I was just pointing out the legality of using images where people may care about the whole copyright issue which is what CatP was trying to get across and people were misunderstanding.

I wasn't trying to make it a bigger fuss - just provide a bit more clarity to the issue and I apologise if anyone was offended by how my posts came across. :)

spunkybob wrote:daveee.... I agree with above, but if you join up and the rules say something and you dont agree/do then you breach terms.. which means out. (im not saying leave)

I was just pointing out the actual terms and conditions are so broad they aren't worth the paper they are written on. Not actually saying I didn't agree with them or wont be complying with rules etc. :)

slickthug
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby slickthug » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:43 pm

lol.
how bout a foto of a foto??
if i take a foto of a foto on the computer shouldnt that foto become mine?

or take a screenshot even and save it. its my screenshot of my computer and if thers a foto in it it becomes mine?

this will probably go to movie piracy where they take a cam and record in the cinema.

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm

i dont care my car is being used i would be rather upset if it wasn't lol not the other way round

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:49 pm

wow hand bags at 9 paces....
mine got used twice im doing back flips lol
great work oz

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 pm

OK as far as i am concerned catP, are you really fair dinkum!!!,
i have given my responses to this, and you and another member want to push this to the limit.
We all by now understand the rights of Artists Copyrights,
thanks to you for making a big deal out of something that's sole intention was to benefit our great club.
*Anyhow we have all learned from this,....... i can tell you catP, i have.
You say your skill is in Photography, well lets see some of your great work! what are you scared of,
i would of thought you would of wanted people and the public to see your work,
because by them seeing your stuff and it becoming popular, you might one day become famous...
we can all see that this will never happen for you because of your superior knowledge,
its got you where you are today.

By catP; I know none of mine were used, otherwise ClubCJ would receive an invoice.
> I know Ozie would never use my photos because he has already been talking to people behind my back about me.

YES catP i told one person! not a bunch of people, how uncool you are about your photos,
i know this person is a friend of yours and i was hoping to try and work out why you are such a hater..
its like you are trying to make money from your photos but you can't.
you know i don't really care about all this crap...it just brings disharmony between us all.......why can't people be happy
........be happy like spunkybob, laid back care free.....yeah! we should all try and be like bobby.
anyhow to finish up catP, its like you are trying to cause shit or something!!
This Club is a Not for profit Club, all the donations and memberships go back into the club-
to improve and to benefit members with the different things we have going on.
A lot of people are out of pocket not just myself and Matty, Take HOGGY, he is still $300 down from getting the stickers made up..,

So catP, please tell us all why you are so negative towards the club and its members...

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”