***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My impressions of my first day with my Lancer and the car.

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

My impressions of my first day with my Lancer and the car.

Postby The X » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm

OK, so I picked up my new MY10 VRX today. Not everything goes exactly to plan at the dealership, they cock up. Nothing major, all in all it's advantageous to me. They forgot to install the footwell illuminiation and the rear parking assist system, because of misinterpretation on the invoice. This steming from asking them to fit these two, but my other options (CF B pillar inserts, allow fuel door, hard plastic cargo thingy and stainless steel scuff plates) I asked not to be fitted. The annotation on the invoice was "fitted" meaning to be fitted and "not fitted" just to give them to me. So what they did, they assume "fitted" means it already is with the car and "not fitted" meaning they need to fit them. So I got free labour on the 4 items, the other 2 will be retro fitted on my first service. Meh.

The car, well usually the initial test drive is what wows people. That "first drive" feeling is special. But I, today, had that feeling all over again. Oh baby!!! :D

The car handles nicely, it's smooth, the CVT is great, no lurching between gear changes. Love the cornering, it sticks to the road, it feels comfortable, but still am getting a feel for how hard I can ride it into corners. :)

I love the side mirrors, they are fantastically designed, great visibility and range.

The VRX wing, is a bit of a visibilty killer, will have to take time to get used to that or upgrade to an Evo X stylez one! ;) One upside, I can't see the driver behind me pick their noses when in traffic or at lights.

Hands free system, well I can't really blame it that Nokia is mega ghey fail. I can pair, but I cant dial out. So fail! I know of the pre-existing issues, might have to find the old firmware for my Nokia 6121 and roll back and see if I can fix that. The HFS lady's posh english accent is a bit grating. :( I need a bob or a shazza option!

Rockford Audio. Hmm might have potential. I had my iPod hooked up so not the best quality source. It's good for what it is. Hate the fact no quick mute button on the unit or steering wheel. :(

Getting used to the smartkey and locking/unlocking idiosyncrosies, but the SmartKey is one hell of a nugget to have in your pocket! Surely they could slim it down a bit.

I'm so glad the dealer bugger up and fitted the cosmetic options, even the dealer principle was impressed on how well the alloy fuel door complimented the Lightning Blue and the CF B Pillar inserts finished it off nicely.

Couldn't take it for a "proper" drive tonight as it's new and I want get a feel for the dynamics of it,

Well I am going too go to bed a happy boy tonight. Until tmrw, drive to work. I would've gone on a longer drive, but I only finished nightshift and only had 3 hrs sleep this morning. Seriously considering chucking a sickie tmrw so I can take her for a decent road trip up to newcastle, open upthe throttle before the 4 day embargo that is known as double demerit long weekend kicks in! :(

I love that car! :D

Bring on the mods....

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 pm

thats great pete,
yeah mate you need to get a Evo X wing for sure.
that fixes the visibility.

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Mate, enjoy your purchase & happy motoring! good score on those freebies, wouldn't complain too much...

Ha! you'll get used to the spoiler, great for blocking out headlight glare on rear view mirror, I removed my rear head rests for better view (never have anyone in the back anyway).

Well post some pics & hope to see you round. 8)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:03 pm

billyboy wrote:Mate, enjoy your purchase & happy motoring! good score on those freebies, wouldn't complain too much...

Ha! you'll get used to the spoiler, great for blocking out headlight glare on rear view mirror, I removed my rear head rests for better view (never have anyone in the back anyway).

Well post some pics & hope to see you round. 8)

Cheers. I've already pulled the head rests and placed them in one of those Coles "green" handbags in da boot. :)

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Good to hear you are enjoying your CJ.

I have had mine since June 08 and I hop in it everytime and have a smile on my face..... Normally after 12 months I am bored with my car.... not so with my Lancer :D

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Great write up mate... It takes me back :)

Whats better is Ive taken mine from something great off the showroom floor and added a few personal touches that make it mine.

Enjoy it, the feeling hangs around for a long time as Lzy says 8)

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 pm

DOUBLE POST... but its for a good reason :P

But I just hit 200 posts!!! woot woot :)

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Congrats Pete
Glad you are happy with your new ride
Enjoy it mate
Soon enough the modding bug will bite
Then there is no hope for you LOL!! :mrgreen:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

xiii
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: My impressions of my first day with my Lancer and the ca

Postby xiii » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am

VRX_Pete wrote:OK, so I picked up my new MY10 VRX today. Not everything goes exactly to plan at the dealership, they cock up. Nothing major, all in all it's advantageous to me. They forgot to install the footwell illuminiation and the rear parking assist system, because of misinterpretation on the invoice. This steming from asking them to fit these two, but my other options (CF B pillar inserts, allow fuel door, hard plastic cargo thingy and stainless steel scuff plates) I asked not to be fitted. The annotation on the invoice was "fitted" meaning to be fitted and "not fitted" just to give them to me. So what they did, they assume "fitted" means it already is with the car and "not fitted" meaning they need to fit them. So I got free labour on the 4 items, the other 2 will be retro fitted on my first service. Meh.

Man thats alright... ur a bloke u dont need parking assist ^_^

VRX_Pete wrote:The VRX wing, is a bit of a visibilty killer, will have to take time to get used to that or upgrade to an Evo X stylez one! ;) One upside, I can't see the driver behind me pick their noses when in traffic or at lights.

i thought that too man... haha but yeah the only downside is sometimes u see hot chicks, overtake them and try to check them out at red lights hahaha.. i have my back window tinted so they cant see me oogling them

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:42 pm

hahahha xiii love it. hes right too, bugger parking assist, its a piece of piss to park the cj, i used to be able to do it in seconds before i lost my license. lol. its just about being aware of the corners of the car - i reckon i came within centimeters of scraping my front corners 100 times. there was the incident when i got trapped via my mirror and a pole once though...I got all confused trying to get the mirror round the pole lol.

Free labour on the 4 items is good but im guessing you wanted to do it yourself?

i also side with xiii on the overtake hot chicks and check em out lol. but my front is usually more impressive than my back hahahahhahahahahaha lol.... that prob sounded creepy as, but i mean the blackout front end.
Evo X spoiler would really make the back look good though :)

With the bluetooth, I cant help, coz I have a VR (no MMCS) but my dad recently bought a brand new Prado (like, last week( and yes, i tried to make him get an Evo) and hes having a lot of trouble with it and his nokia - he can pair it easy as, but when he recieves a call, he cant hear anything or speak or anything. i reckon its a wire fail between radio and microphone, but not sure.

All in all though - our cars are amaaaaazing ey :)

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:10 pm

A few people with Nokias have had problems with the bluetooth. I have VRX but not MMCS and haven't had any trouble with the bluetooth connection with Nokias, except it always disconnects if you are on a call and the electronic toll tag goes off....
ClubCJ's first Sportback

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Great to hear you're loving the car!!

Sprry to hear about that dealership stuff ups though, that really poor effort. Be sure to make a mention of it in the Mitsu survey you'll prolly be recieving in the mail in a couple of months.

Yeah rear parking assists for the sedan isn't a big deal for some. It is easy to park. I test drove the sedan and one of the things I tested was parking.

But with the Sportback, when reverse parking, it's almost a necessity as the C-Pillars are double the size and the rear windshield is higher and you can't see what you're backing up against accurately unless it's anything above -shoulder- height.
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Not sure if you resolved this but try getting new software for your Nokia (or *gasp* a new phone) because the stereo automatically mutes when a call comes in!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: My impressions of my first day with my Lancer and the ca

Postby The X » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 pm

xiii wrote:Man thats alright... ur a bloke u dont need parking assist ^_^
ROFL. I wasn't too worried about RPA in the interim, only got it for resale reasons down the track.
xiii wrote:i thought that too man... haha but yeah the only downside is sometimes u see hot chicks, overtake them and try to check them out at red lights hahaha.. i have my back window tinted so they cant see me oogling them
LOLz!
Josh_Emerton wrote:Free labour on the 4 items is good but im guessing you wanted to do it yourself?
Yup. I was more concerned about the CF look B pillar inserts getting cut when the front tints were being applied. Oh well. Free labour, it's a bonus.
Josh_Emerton wrote:All in all though - our cars are amaaaaazing ey :)
Totally agree. I even have a superiority complex now compared to other cars on the road. Our Lancer sedans are better! :twisted:
blade888 wrote:Great to hear you're loving the car!!
Sprry to hear about that dealership stuff ups though, that really poor effort. Be sure to make a mention of it in the Mitsu survey you'll prolly be recieving in the mail in a couple of months.
It was a genuine mistake and understandably so. I'm not peeved about it in any way.
JaCe wrote:Not sure if you resolved this but try getting new software for your Nokia (or *gasp* a new phone) because the stereo automatically mutes when a call comes in!
Not resolved yet as I have the "newest" firmware on my phone, but I need to roll back to a previous version. On my to do list. Bizzare thing is that my crappy Navman S150 can dial out using my Nokia. I don't think the issue is straight out Nokia's fault, or mistubishi, I tihnk it's a combination of the two. However, I hate the fact the stereo mutes for an incoming call, a tone over the music would suffice so you can at least choose to mute music if the call is answered. I also hate how it hogs the call when you're entering the car and goes from handset to handsfree. Again, should be given the option of pressing "answer" on the steering wheel to take the call over. But I still lurve my car. :) Unconditional love will do that. :)

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”